Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arlando Cook

Started by niels_boar, March 16, 2018, 06:22:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

niels_boar

March 16, 2018, 06:22:34 pm Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:42:52 pm by niels_boar
Kudos to Arlando Cook for having one of his better games in the NCAAT. He really got after it today and was part of the furious charge in the first half that wiped out the horrendous start.  It reminded me of Carl Baker playing a great game in another painful #7-#10 loss to a Big East team. Trey Thompson also gave a good effort off the bench.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Kevin

wish cook would have played that way for his two years
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Beaverfever

Props to Cook.  He was always a role player but he saw that nobody else was stepping up in the paint so he went to battle.  He went out swinging which is all you can really ask.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: niels_boar on March 16, 2018, 06:22:34 pm
Kudos to Arlando Cook to having one of his better games in the NCAAT. He really got after it today and was part of the furious charge in the first half to wipe out the horrendous start.  It reminded me of Carl Baker playing a great game in another painful #7-#10 loss to a Big East team. Trey Thompson also gave a good effort.

Cook and Hall were the only 2 Hogs that played like they wanted to be there. Thompson was okay effort-wise, but he got exposed a lot.

niels_boar

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on March 16, 2018, 06:43:10 pm
Cook and Hall were the only 2 Hogs that played like they wanted to be there. Thompson was okay effort-wise, but he got exposed a lot.

Yeah, Hall played well, too, especially on D.  Thanks for pointing out the oversight.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

The real Hogules

A.C. played a heck of a game!
He really stepped up and in a big way when his number was called.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

rzrbackramsfan

I thought everyone played with great effort, that was obvious, they just weren't playing smart at the beginning. 

supersaint

Props to CMA for calling him "Orlando" in the post game presser
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

golfinpig

I give you credit for trying to find a positive note out of this total disaster. We just job blown out and embarrassed by the 8th best team in the big east.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on March 16, 2018, 06:43:10 pm

It was obvious that Jordan's plan was to make Arkansas beat him with Cook, Thompson, Hall, etc.  It's the same principle as stacking 8 in the box and making a running team beat you with the pass. Jordan had two guys in Barford and Macon's hip pocket all night and forced Gafford to play 10 feet from the basket. Meanwhile, our long and athletic but offensively challenged 3/4s threw up bricks from open looks all day. Props to Jordan for a great game plan.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 16, 2018, 08:15:24 pm
It was obvious that Jordan's plan was to make Arkansas beat him with Cook, Thompson, Hall, etc.  It's the same principle as stacking 8 in the box and making a running team beat you with the pass. Jordan had two guys in Barford and Macon's hip pocket all night and forced Gafford to play 10 feet from the basket. Meanwhile, our long and athletic but offensively challenged 3/4s threw up bricks from open looks all day. Props to Jordan for a great game plan.

Actually just having a game plan put Jordan way ahead of our guy.