Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slobbering Hog petition

Started by NuttinItUp, November 17, 2017, 10:49:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTNHogfan

Branding needs to be consistent.  The current hog on the court is the right one.

The_Iceman

I personally think this looks really sharp.

Pork Ranger

I feel too much time ha past on Slobberin' hog.. I don't think it attracts the youth we recruit although iconic for a lot of fans. I'm good with the one we use now.

Just GET RID of front facing hog!

The_Iceman

The biggest problem with branding in BWA is the banners. From inside the arena, they are hard to read and you can't really tell what they are for.

We need to do something like Michigan and make the banners more simple and easier to read.

BrianG

Jackson_64

Love our hog traditions but I'd have to cast a vote for the new hog as well. The other is just too dated and not nearly as sharp as the 2017 hog. Our court is looking fresh!

Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

cw2

I used to think it was the ugliest thing I ever saw, then I learned about traditions, identity, and talked with other people at different places about their hideous traditions. I grew up.  The slobberin' hog is a great example of why we are in the turmoil we are in. I still think it is hideous, but it IS Arkansas Basketball. This quote sums it up for me.

"They remind us that we are part of a history that defines our past, shapes who we are today and who we are likely to become. Once we ignore the meaning of our traditions, we're in danger of damaging the underpinning of our identity."

Ask Duke if they would get rid of the Cameron Crazies( only established since Krewshewookie has been there). You would probably get destroyed.

sowmonella

Quote from: SemperFi on November 18, 2017, 04:48:32 am
I'm no troll and I've been around for 49 years, so I remember the slobbering Hog and I prefer the new Hog logo. The old logo looks cartoonish. That is my personal preference. Good luck with your petition.
I agree with SemperFi. I do wish they would get rid of the front facing hog.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

NuttinItUp

November 18, 2017, 10:04:40 am #58 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:16:12 am by NuttinItUp
Some of you people disgust me.

Everyone who doesn't like Slobber Hog probably prefers Pepsi over Coke, too.

Some of you guys probably don't like Sweater Hog, either!

Steef

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 10:04:40 am

You are too easily disgusted.

NuttinItUp

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Cure on November 17, 2017, 11:18:49 pm
The kids playing in the program and getting recruited don't know what it was, only the older crowd. Leave it in the past.

This. I love that hog, but let's stay modern and bring it back for a special occasion.

So no, i won't sign the petition an I'm disgusted that that disgusts others.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

jswineberiaskirk

anyone not in favor of slobberin' hog is no doubt a freaking communist who keeps a poster of Kim Jung Un above their bed. He IS razorback basketball.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: SemperFi on November 18, 2017, 04:48:32 am
I'm no troll and I've been around for 49 years, so I remember the slobbering Hog and I prefer the new Hog logo. The old logo looks cartoonish. That is my personal preference. Good luck with your petition.

I've been around longer than that. I agree with this. I like the new hog, sleek and speedy. Wouldn't mind adding some slobber on the new one though. It might be a good compromise.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Hollywood870

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 18, 2017, 01:18:45 am
I heard "We're Gonna beat"... I guess the rest is "The Hell Outta You", but what's the rest of it? Is it that Whole Hog, half ham thing..?
No it goes all the way though the tip, for about 20 years and sounds awesome.

Hollywood870

10:40 mark our pre-game ritual chant. Okie State has sinse stolen it. 

Athog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 17, 2017, 10:49:04 pm
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. Jeff Long killed one of the best traditions that Arkansas had: Slobbering Hog. The new AD needs to be made aware of the situation.

I just created a petition to bring back Slobbering Hog:
https://www.change.org/p/university-of-arkansas-athletic-department-bring-back-slobbering-hog

Hopefully if enough people sign it, the biggest mistake in Jeff's tenure can be reversed. Slobbering Hog was brought over from Barnhill Arena to Bud Walton when it opened in 1993. It is one of the best traditions we had.

Get a life!!

seasonhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 18, 2017, 10:04:40 am

Yes we need a change......our Hog has been neutered & his tusk removed........

NuttinItUp

Quote from: seasonhog on November 18, 2017, 06:37:43 pm

Yes we need a change......our Hog has been neutered & his tusk removed........

Plus...not enough slobber.