Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win Hogs Win Again 3 and 0. i love it

Started by forrest city joe, November 17, 2017, 09:31:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 18, 2017, 06:31:07 am
NCAA thinking about adding a fourth official. Think about what flow of game will be like then............

wth is that 4th guy supposed to watch? As it is now there is a guy watching post play, a guy on the ball, and a guy watch backside off the ball.

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 18, 2017, 09:20:02 am
True, but our team usually has more fouls than the opponent.  We don't adjust well.  Again, I thought last year we did a much better job. I think we will do it again.  Lot of new players.  No reason to grab and reach especially on the perimeter.  I have no problem with some bumping in the paint.  I just hate when the defender does stupid reaching fouls 35 feet from the basket right in front of the official.  the offensive player is no threat 35 feet away.  Give him some room so he does not beat you.   

you can put a hand on the ball handler as long as you immediately remove it, and then you can not put another hand on the player until they have given up possession. Too many guys want to touch and retouch if the guy changes direction, not just Hogs but just about everyone. But some teams still try to direct the ball to certain spots by hand checking, and that is going to lead to more foul calls.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 09:52:39 pm
I don't remember if we ever got up by more than 17.

57-38 with 10:30 left in the game.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Hollywood_HOGan45

The fresno game wasn't the masterpiece that the Bucknell game was but I think we have something this year.
Barford looks alot better and we have a supporting cast that is playing well and playing their role. Anton Beard looked really good and CJ Jones....CJ Jones is one big reason why Im very excited. You can rest the starters and not experience a lot of drop off. He can create his own shot and convert!

This will be fun.

bigred223

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 17, 2017, 09:52:39 pm
The final score was pretty indicative of the way it went. I don't remember if we ever got up by more than 17. It was 11-15 most of the night and we won by 8. The spread was 13, so it wasn't expected to be a blow out.

We won tonight how we will have to win sec road games. Tough D and free throws. Fresno is a solid bunch.

Up by 19 with 6 minutes left.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 17, 2017, 10:08:11 pm
CJ is due one (Alex Dillard) offensive explosion...

CJ needs a PG to get his points.  He is not yet a driver and one who can create his own shot.  He needs to develop that part of his game or at least that is what it looks like to me.  If Beard would be more of a PG who would drive and pass he would be more valuable to this team.    I love Gafford but I am waiting to see how he does against a big physical team like NC or maybe Oklahoma before I have him making the 1st team all freshman team.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HogFan1973 on November 18, 2017, 09:18:34 am
Looking forward to the possibility of playing UNC again early to get a feel for how we stack up

Oklahoma is a very good team who is playing very well right now.  That will be a great game.  I also hope we get to play NC again but they will be playing Portland State the same night we play Okla.  Who do you think will be more rested if we play them the next day?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 19, 2017, 09:27:33 am
I also hope we get to play NC again but they will be playing Portland State the same night we play Okla.  Who do you think will be more rested if we play them the next day?

NC will be more rested and that's why it was set up that way, to try to ensure that Carolina advances.
Hogs up! Covid down!