Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Being reported that there is some serious behind the scenes stuff going on

Started by intoxhog, November 27, 2007, 07:28:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure

Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

2ndsyndicate

LuckyGiraffe

At Auburn TT is 50 - 24 in the conference.  That includes his first year when he went 2-6 in the conference.

razorback3072

Quote from: lcd4444 on November 27, 2007, 07:44:04 pm
Didn't TT and co. only manage to score 9 points against our soft defense?

Yep.  But who won the game?

His defense also managed to hold our massive running attack to 67 total yards.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Hawgon

I keep telling you people that Auburn will let him go because that frees them up to get Bobby Petrino.  Petrino is miserable at Atlanta.  Don't think that they haven't been talking. 

A lot of people at Auburn feel about Tuberville the way we do about Nutt.  They think that he has taken them as far as he can or that he is on the backside of his career and will only get worse.

Like we did with Nutt, they will let him go and go to a division rival if it will get rid of him so that they can immediately pursue a new coach.  That coach is Petrino.  Remember who Lowder loaded up his plane in the middle of the night to go see a few years ago?  I do.  Now, he is so close to Auburn that Lowder could drive over and talk to him after supper.  With all the Vick mess, Petrino wants out of Atlanta and Auburn will call.

MDH

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 27, 2007, 07:40:43 pm
Maybe you should go and look at what he has done at Auburn after Bowden sunk it.

I'm aware of what he did at Auburn.  And what he's done lately at Auburn...  Just don't think it's really good value for the $ compared to some other names mentioned.  But, hell, I work on electronics for a living so I know exactly chit about hiring a football coach...

If it ends up being TT, then I guess I'll just have to say:
"WAR TOMMY!"
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

littlepig100

i like TT i will be behind the guy as well, besides if the u of a gave away millions to the dork, i am sure they can spare 6 mill to buy out his contract!
USMC-PROUD

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on November 27, 2007, 07:32:36 pm
No way we pay 6 million to buy him out.  That would be the biggest waste of time and money, ever.

We wasted enough already with Nutt's 3.5
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

HoggySTruman

The_Iceman

Quote from: HouSwine on November 27, 2007, 07:47:32 pm
TT seems like an older HDN, who likes to run. I hope he has a NC under his belt. Does he? If so...well, ok but forget the creativity as Nutt seemed to have it over him in that dept. and that's not a good thought. I'm in my 50s and I know it's the young ones like Gus who can recruit and who don't think it can't be done that way in the SEC, etc.

Whats wrong with running the ball? Sure has worked well for him down there.

GWFan

intoxhog

Quote from: GWFan on November 27, 2007, 07:54:55 pm
5-5 is Nutt's record against him.  So we break even?

Puleeezze

yea but 3 of those losses were while TT was at OLE PISS. now the tables have turned!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Van Boarisson

Quote from: intoxhog on November 27, 2007, 07:28:01 pm
with Tommy Tubberville per otis.

TT is now in the lead for hog job

You are a complete CHUMP for bringing that information to another board.

GO HOGS GO!

GWFan

Quote from: intoxhog on November 27, 2007, 07:56:50 pm
yea but 3 of those losses were while TT was at OLE PISS. now the tables have turned!
No.  That's all against Auburn.

LZH

We wouldn't have ponied up $3.5M to make Goofus go away unless we are serious about spending some major $$$ to hire a top tier coach.  TT fits that bill.  If BD isn't coming, and JJ is not interested, I think TT is the absolute best choice.  C'mon Long...pull the trigger and lets get the ol' riverboat gambler to the Hill ASAP!

intoxhog

Quote from: Van Boarisson on November 27, 2007, 07:57:55 pm
You are a complete CHUMP for bringing that information to another board.

GO HOGS GO!

Hey dick it was a radio show i was listing too on my way home.

sorry i thought some may want to hear who the new head coach may be!

who is the dumb@** chump now!!!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

U.P. HOGG

TorsinAHog

delusional fans just like with the BBALL coach.  We will get an up and comer. This University will NOT pay the amount of money needed to attract a coach
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

HouSwine

Running the ball is what Arkansas has become known for and is as predictable now as it was when I was a student and Broyles was "Coach run it up the middle." I just want some balance and less predictability. So do players, imo.

Spiral_cut

Quote from: hog_grad on November 27, 2007, 07:33:52 pm
What is nutt's record against TT?  Do we really want him?

Yes we do. Plus he can recruit in Arkansas!

Demaghog

It seems too likely that Sexton is using us.  I don't buy it one bit.  But TT is such a great coach we have to at least give it a chance.

The fact that it is even being reported makes me think Sexton is releasing this info!  

Porkette

It's not as if Nutt's record vs. Tubberville is something all-important or relevant. What matters is the overall record, and the perfect season TT had at Auburn back in 04 was more impressive than anything we've seen at Ark. in ages.
GO HOGS GO!

Hawgon

Quote from: HouSwine on November 27, 2007, 08:02:09 pm
Running the ball is what Arkansas has become known for and is as predictable now as it was when I was a student and Broyles was "Coach run it up the middle." I just want some balance and less predictability. So do players, imo.

Tuberville can pass the ball and has shown the ability to have a balanced attack.  He has a starting QB in the NFL right now. 

Tuberville is perfect.  We could continue the tradition of smash smouth football but with some balance.  Plus, I think if it didn't work, TT is flexible enough to change to something that does work.

big john

john goodwin

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Ouachihog on November 27, 2007, 07:46:00 pm
If we can pay $3.5 million so HDN can "feel better inside" about resigning, couldn't we pay 6 mil to get the best coach on our list?  Just my opinion. 
that is a great point..
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hawgon

Quote from: big john on November 27, 2007, 08:04:46 pm
Tommy Tubby ant comeing here it,s smoke screen guys . :)

Are you the one who said we were getting Petrino?

The_Iceman

Quote from: HouSwine on November 27, 2007, 08:02:09 pm

that doesnt mean we have to stop being known for running the ball.

we can still line it up in the power I, single back, or pro set and still run a balanced offense.

I don't want to be a Mike Leach style team that never runs, but who knows he may run alittle more up here if he came like he did at OU.

I12PLAY

HAWGS

Im callin it right now.  If we were to to actually get Tuberville, in under 5 years, there will be a National Championship on the Hill.

Mark me down.
Wooooo Pig Soooie!

gat_sr

I12PLAY

Re: Being reported that there is some serious behind the scenes stuff going on
« Reply #39 on: Today at 06:42:57 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
either TT or Kiffin would suit me...as would Butch or Gus

was referring to this post!  I would take any of these 4 as well and be happy!

HouSwine

Good points and I hope you're right, Hawgon. BTW, Are Llamas better than alpacas?

Hog_of_the_HILL

i want tt or kiffin.butch won't come and i sure as **** dnt want gus......and for the people who want BILL COHWER..be realistic.................we should get JOHN MADDEN!!!!
It was worth the wait

hog_fan86

How bout this.. Bring in TT as HC and Muschamp as DC.. Bring in Gus as OC and let him be groomed by TT for several years, then when he is ready, promote him to HC.  

ArkiePup

But we must stop and ask ourselves:  Has he ever run off any Players of the Year or any brilliant offensive coordinators?  These are very important questions.

hogfanshan

TT would be a great fit at Arkansas. As far as the best X&0s coach...I'm not sure. But he hires really good assistants and let's them implement their gameplan...very much the opposite of Nutt hand-tying the best OC (Gus) that every came through here. So what if Nutt has a .500 record against TT. Tuberville is a proven head coach with a much more impressive overall record. One that only Nutty could could only dream about.

Do I think he'll come? Who knows with the craziness that has happened over the past two seasons.

Man_O_Pork

I think this would be the best hire for us right now.  Now only would we have some pretty heated games with both Auburn and Ole Miss, but we'd be getting a proven SEC winner.

And I don't think it's far-fetched...Who wants to stick around at Auburn and recruit the state against Nick Saban?  Get out while you're ahead Tommy and come back to your home state.

Forget Gus...Not only has he never proven himself as a college head coach, but his hiring would only continue to divide the fan base.  The Springdale fiasco was what it was...and I want to get as far away from it as possible.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hog_fan86 on November 27, 2007, 08:13:42 pm
How bout this.. Bring in TT as HC and Muschamp as DC.. Bring in Gus as OC and let him be groomed by TT for several years, then when he is ready, promote him to HC.  

i dont see TT going for the Gus thing. I may be wrong. Gus might not do it either.

Justifiable Hogicide

Tommy Tuberville would be fabulous.

Go ahead and start the construction to bowl in the north end zone.
(But don't let Jim Lind$ey's construction companies do it).

I12PLAY

tt turned around a BAD ole miss team man they hated him when he left like a bad breakup girlfriend.  they worshiped tt in oxford.  I think he would be the guy that would push us in the right direction.  Here's my thoughts guys if we payed hdn the 3.5mil as reported and we really offered him an extension and that was not bs. then we should pay the 6 mil and get tt. we obviously have no regard for money- get the best.

Now if we really fired him and he had obviously something on us and that was hush money then that is something else.  What I'm trying to say is then pay the damn 6 mil and get tt if you are going to give a gift of 3.5 mil after offering an ext that is the worst money move i have ever heard in my life!!   My thought is he was fired and that was hush money. to save face they let him give a resignation so he would be picked up by a ole miss

ToddW

Quote from: ArkiePup on November 27, 2007, 08:14:59 pm
But we must stop and ask ourselves:  Has he ever run off any Players of the Year or any brilliant offensive coordinators?  These are very important questions.

Very good point.  I really like Tubby's reputation.  I got to thinking what some of you others have today, and let me tell you I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about a coach.  If bought out HDN then there is some cash to pay for a big wig that will bring Arkansas to the level that we all want.

With all the serious candidates being mentioned (except for Mike Leach) I think Long is on the right track.  I think this is a way to make Arkansas the program we all want and deserve.

Go HOGS!!!!!
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

TMc

Tommy is first and only choice for now.. He plays smashmouth football - physical at the line of scrimage and usually has a very good defense.  Hires a great staff as well.. I may be eating crow very soon ... and I will be glad to.

jamie72921

Been reading about Kiffin.

Not much there really when you look at it.

The guy is living off what Norm Chow accomplished. Pray we don't do it.
Bless your heart

Mikey

While Auburn's offense wasn't what I would call exciting, we need a proven winner like TT.

_Collin1

You people that complain about Tuberville must be first day fans or something...

To recap, he should have been out head coach a decade ago.
He is an Arkansas native.
He has stolen big time recruits (not just this past year) from under Nutt's nose.
He had a 13-0 season.
His conference record is superb, that with HAVING Georgia on the schedule every year... not South Carolina.

I remember watch him conduct his after game comments and his press conference after they beat us a few weeks ago.  I told my buddy "Man would I kill to have a coach that doesnt have to exagerate his words and gyrate his body when he speaks.  It would be nice to have a standup coach like Tuberville."

If it happens, some of you should shutup and get ready to go from an 8 win program to a 10 win program consistently.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

benbrown

I just can't believe some people wouldn't shat their britches over this hire if it happened!  He is one of the top two or three coaches in all of Div I over the last ten years and he's done it in the SEC recruiting against AL in-state!

WMHawgfan

you think we could talk the Waltons into giving him a Wal-Mart store? That might close the deal.