Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ticket Price Increase Possible for Basketball per Jeff Long

Started by WilsonHog, January 19, 2010, 04:39:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

http://twitter.com/cbahn

Yeah, 'cause there's such a freakin' high demand for tickets right now.

The Boar War

The_Truth

Sounds like a fantastic way to get more fans in the seats.... ;)

thirtythree

razorhead94

Epic fail... What a terrible idea.  If he actually lowered ticket prices then he would probably get more revenue.  But then again, I'm no economist
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Marshfieldhog

I think pel haters and lovers can both agree on this one. Not sure what jeff long is thinking.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 19, 2010, 05:08:07 pm
I think pel haters and lovers can both agree on this one. Not sure what jeff long is thinking.

Can you imagine what Pel must have thought when he heard that this was even a possibility?

"Damn, Jeff, are you TRYING to get me fired?"

The Boar War

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 19, 2010, 05:11:48 pm
Can you imagine what Pel must have thought when he heard that this was even a possibility?

"Damn, Jeff, are you TRYING to get me fired?"

hmmmmm

;)

The Hogfather

Eddie Piggard

if you ain't buying them now, why bitch about a price increase, wait until we are good again and you probably won't even care to spend the increase.
Pray for Obama. Psalms 109:8

Smithian

3kgthog

What in the world is this man thinking? Oh wait, obviously he isn't thinking! If basketball prices go up then I'm letting ya'll know that my 2 upper deck seats near midcourt will be available next season. Not that anyone would want them at $35-$50 a pop. 

rude1

Boy this guy sure seems to know business and sports. I am getting more impressed all the time with this guy.

jgphillips3

Wow...what an outstandingly terrible move.  I could see stratifying the ticket cost where the seats near the Court went up and the ones far away went down significantly to try to boost revenue from those who are likely to come anyway and to try and entice others to come who haven't been, but an across the board hike would destroy already bad attendance unless the team catches fire next year.

rhinohog84

Is Jeff Long secretly one of the President's economic advisors?  That would explain why he doesn't have a clue what is happening in any of the programs.

ballhog™

"Long initially told the audience increases were possible in football and basketball. He amended that after the meeting to say football was all he was considering at this time."

clarrification maybe?

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=119508
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

The Boar War

Quote from: ballhog on January 19, 2010, 06:12:05 pm
"Long initially told the audience increases were possible in football and basketball. He amended that after the meeting to say football was all he was considering at this time."

clarrification maybe?

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/sports_article.asp?aID=119508

Somebody got to him.  Raising basketball prices would have been a huge mistake.

Marshfieldhog

grayhawg

I've heard guys can't give tickets away and our fearless AD wants to bump the price. ??? ??? ??? ???

WhenPigsFly

Actually, the per ticket price for season basketball tix went DOWN slightly this season.  The season package this year had two more games, but remained the same price as last year at $500 per.

This was the first time in my 13 years as a season ticket holder that we haven't paid full price for EVERY GAME on the schedule, including exhibition games.

Long may be thinking of raising single game ticket prices a little, but I doubt season ticket prices will go up.  If that did occur, it just might be the straw that broke the camel's back for many of us.

antonio65

Had my seats since Bud opened. They are really trying to get me to give them up.  $25 per is crazy already.

Hogeyeblind