Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas is no longer undefeated!

Started by GuvHog, January 18, 2010, 10:51:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

chiefsfan

and by the end of Saturday Kentucky will no longer be undefeated as well

Okay so I realize its not likely but Kentucky has gotten really lucky twice already in conference play and one wonders how much longer that luck will last
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

GuvHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 18, 2010, 10:54:21 pm

Okay so I realize its not likely but Kentucky has gotten really lucky twice already in conference play and one wonders how much longer that luck will last

I have to admit, it sets up nicely. However the Hogs must take care of business at home against Florida first.

chiefsfan

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 18, 2010, 10:56:58 pm
I have to admit, it sets up nicely. However the Hogs must take care of business at home against Florida first.

oh im not looking ahead.  but if there is one team I want put in its place...its kentucky

Gotta beat Florida just because of who is left in the next 2 games after that
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Danny J

Now I know both of you guys have COMPLETELY lost your minds. You guys think we even have a SHOT at beating kentucky in rupp? Calipari hates arkansas and I think he is going to turn the dogs loose on us. I will consider it positive if we can stay within 15 points at rupp.

3kgthog

I don't even want to say I told you so. I think ya'll knew Texas wasn't #1 after seeing them play the Hogs. For some reason some people were impressed with them. I have no idea why. Thanks to KSU for exposing the Steers on national tv tonight.

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 18, 2010, 11:32:48 pm
I don't even want to say I told you so. I think ya'll knew Texas wasn't #1 after seeing them play the Hogs. For some reason some people were impressed with them. I have no idea why. Thanks to KSU for exposing the Steers on national tv tonight.
I think kentucky in my mind is the clear cut best team in the nation. Is kentucky going undefeated in the sec? Probably not but I think they are the best team in the country followed by syracuse and kansas.

RedSatinHog

If UK is undefeated by the end of the day on Saturday, it will be because they lost earlier in the week.  They WON'T lose to the Hogs.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

chiefsfan

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 19, 2010, 12:02:52 am
If UK is undefeated by the end of the day on Saturday, it will be because they lost earlier in the week.  They WON'T lose to the Hogs.

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 18, 2010, 11:24:08 pm
Now I know both of you guys have COMPLETELY lost your minds. You guys think we even have a SHOT at beating kentucky in rupp? Calipari hates arkansas and I think he is going to turn the dogs loose on us. I will consider it positive if we can stay within 15 points at rupp.

Kentucky doesnt play anyone midweek

Look Kentucky controls whether anybody can stay in the game with Kentucky.   Auburn sucks...royally.  and they gosh darn nearly beat UK because UK let them hang around

They wont be able to get away doing that much longer.    Do I think Arkansas will beat Kentucky...no.  but im not sayings its impossible.  it can be done, and if Arkansas plays well, they could do it

chiefsfan

Todays performance notwithstanding Texas is the best basketball team ive seen this year.  when they play at top level, they are nearly unbeatable.   I cant say that about any other team in college basketball right now

Big Papa Satan

Smokehouse

yeah, one whole loss, clearly they're awful.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 18, 2010, 11:35:49 pm
I think kentucky in my mind is the clear cut best team in the nation. Is kentucky going undefeated in the sec? Probably not but I think they are the best team in the country followed by syracuse and kansas.

Headhawg I do think they have the best pieces...But its like Calipari said they are young. However come the big dance it would be hard to bet against them.

My only problem with UK is Calipari, he is too "slimy" for me...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

Calipari hates arkansas

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 19, 2010, 12:23:18 am
The feeling is mutual.

No kidding...

I think the only person that hates Calipari more would be John Chaney the former Temple coach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-4sJTf7iQ
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

Danny J

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 19, 2010, 01:34:21 am
Headhawg I do think they have the best pieces...But its like Calipari said they are young. However come the big dance it would be hard to bet against them.

My only problem with UK is Calipari, he is too "slimy" for me...
I agree. I think it would be in kentucky's best interest to lose one or two games in the sec so they can prepare for the big dance. You dont want to go into the tourny undefeated because it will put ALOT of pressure on that very young team. It would get alot of press about maybe being the first undefeated team in the modern era since Indiana last did it.

HawgnCorona

Oh yeah they will take a few hits before hand. It was like we posted before it will be very hard to go undefeated...

Danny J

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 19, 2010, 02:21:52 am
Oh yeah they will take a few hits before hand. It was like we posted before it will be very hard to go undefeated...
I am pulling for kentucky to win every game except when we play them saturday. I want kentucky to be atop the polls and win the national title. The sec DESPERATELY needs a team or multiple teams to be getting alot of good press. It will really help with recruiting. The sec needs ALOT of help so we can catch up with the big east, acc and big ten teams.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 19, 2010, 12:20:29 am
Kentucky doesnt play anyone midweek

Look Kentucky controls whether anybody can stay in the game with Kentucky.   Auburn sucks...royally.  and they gosh darn nearly beat UK because UK let them hang around

They wont be able to get away doing that much longer.    Do I think Arkansas will beat Kentucky...no.  but im not sayings its impossible.  it can be done, and if Arkansas plays well, they could do it

And if this game was being played in BWA, I would agree that there is that chance of beating them.

The game is in Rupp, however.  Something tells me it will be close most of the way, but in the last 5 minutes they will pull away.

And that Auburn team that "sucks" beat us soundly last season, including rather embarrassing drubbing in BWA.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

catfanNar

If you consider beating Georgia by 8 and Auburn by 5 on the road lucky, then I guess I will take being lucky the rest of the season!

Breems

Quote from: catfanNar on January 19, 2010, 10:54:13 am
If you consider beating Georgia by 8 and Auburn by 5 on the road lucky, then I guess I will take being lucky the rest of the season!

Considering Georgia  and Auburn are both 0-3, yes, you were lucky.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Rainmaker203

Quote from: catfanNar on January 19, 2010, 10:54:13 am

UK trailed in the last 10 minutes against Miami OH, Stanford, UConn, and Georgia, and barely held on against UNC and Auburn.  They're obviously extremely lucky to still be undefeated at this point.

catfanNar

January 19, 2010, 11:07:26 am #21 Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:11:09 am by catfanNar
Quote from: Breems on January 19, 2010, 10:59:46 am
Considering Georgia  and Auburn are both 0-3, yes, you were lucky.
Right ;) Winning by 1 with a last second shot to win would be lucky in my book

catfanNar

Quote from: Rainmaker203 on January 19, 2010, 11:06:36 am
UK trailed in the last 10 minutes against Miami OH, Stanford, UConn, and Georgia, and barely held on against UNC and Auburn.  They're obviously extremely lucky to still be undefeated at this point.
I guess it takes some luck to win the National Championship?

GuvHog

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 18, 2010, 11:35:49 pm

I totally disagree. As teams do, Texas had an off night against Kansas St. and they lost the
game. When Texas is on, no college team in the USA can beat them. If Kentucky played Texas
in Rupp, Kentucky might win but it would be extremely close. At Austin or on a neutral court
however, Texas wins and it wouldn't be quite as close. I don't believe the Hogs will beat
Kentucky, but it will be closer than most think.

catfanNar

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 19, 2010, 11:12:14 am
I totally disagree. As teams do, Texas had an off night against Kansas St. and they lost the
game. When Texas is on, no college team in the USA can beat them. If Kentucky played Texas
in Rupp, Kentucky might win but it would be extremely close. At Austin or on a neutral court
however, Texas wins and it wouldn't be quite as close. I don't believe the Hogs will beat
Kentucky, but it will be closer than most think.
But they got lucky against A&M the other night!

chiefsfan

Quote from: catfanNar on January 19, 2010, 11:30:31 am
But they got lucky against A&M the other night!

but when they play their best.  They are better then you guys.

you guys are the typical calipari team.  Tons of talent.  but its an NBA team in the college game.  Youre not a very good outside shooting team, and you often stand around too much to watch the John Wall show.  and youre not very good free throw shooters. 

theres a reason Calipari has never won a national championship

catfanNar

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 19, 2010, 11:35:35 am
but when they play their best.  They are better then you guys.

you guys are the typical calipari team.  Tons of talent.  but its an NBA team in the college game.  Youre not a very good outside shooting team, and you often stand around too much to watch the John Wall show.  and youre not very good free throw shooters. 

theres a reason Calipari has never won a national championship
You may be right, and we just may get to see that match up come tournament time.

GuvHog

Quote from: catfanNar on January 19, 2010, 11:49:14 am
You may be right, and we just may get to see that match up come tournament time.

It would definitely be an interesting game!

rude1

It's life on the road in the Big 12 this season. There has only been like 2 or so road wins in the conference this season. Everyone is getting done on the road in that conference. A sign IMO that there are some good teams from top to bottom in that conference. The home in the SEC has been anything other than a gimme.

Lando Calrissian

Kansas State's fans won the game! 

lol
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Jborohog09

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 19, 2010, 09:42:58 am

And that Auburn team that "sucks" beat us soundly last season, including rather embarrassing drubbing in BWA.

that was last year, not this year, so them beating us soundly last season is irrelevant.

DeltaBoy

It was great to see the Weak Puke Orange fall to K-State!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

snortman

With Texas coming off a hard fought overtime game against a pumped up rival on a Saturday night, and then traveling to #16 K-State on a quick turnaround on a Monday night, then I would say that would be a tough test for any Team.

It's not surpring they got beat. K-State is pretty good

Say what you will about the Steers, but come March they will be as tough an out as anybody in the Country including Kentucky.