Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We don't even get any respect on the SEC Sports website...

Started by Boss Hawg, January 18, 2010, 11:14:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hawg

After watching a great game Saturday in Fayetteville and feeling much better about our chances this year, I decide to check out the SEC Sports website. To my chagrin, here is the headline and story...

Alabama 71, Arkansas 59
Watch Game Highlights Now!

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.(AP) -- Three Arkansas players recorded double-doubles and the Razorbacks used a strong second-half showing to defeat Alabama 71-59 Saturday.

Marshawn Powell had 18 points and 10 rebounds and Mike Washington scored 17 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Razorbacks (8-9, 1-1 SEC). Courtney Fortson had 12 points and 10 assists. Rotnei Clarke also scored 17 for Arkansas, which outscored the Crimson Tide 39-25 in the second half after trailing 34-32 at the break.

Mikhail Torrence scored 15 points to lead Alabama (11-6, 1-2).

JaMychal Green had 13 points and eight rebounds and Tony Mitchell scored 12 for the Crimson Tide. Starting guard Senario Hillman, who scored four points, was ejected after committing a hard foul against Clarke with 12:08 remaining.

Arkansas outrebounded Alabama 40-27.

At least they got the story correct! I wrote in the feedback to get the headline corrected. Sheesh!

www.secsports.com.

thirtythree

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Beaverfever

haha didn't realize we outrebounded Bama like that.  Geez, that makes all the difference in the world. 

DoubleJ

I watched the first half of the Baylor game and turned it off after that.  Then I get a text from ESPN saying Arkansas won pretty handily, so I turn it back on the channel and rewind the DVR to find that they had switched scores.  Quite upsetting. :-\

3kgthog

The person updating their site probably thought that score was wrong so he/she switched it to show Bama winning. That's probably what anyone would think if they had watched us play in the non-conference portion of the schedule.

HamIAm

Its just another example of people who can't handle the 2 letter abbreviations for states
They obviously thought AR= AlabameR