Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which ref did Nolan really get into with......

Started by Pigroast, January 17, 2010, 10:51:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigroast

I am thinking it was Curtis Shaw....among others    :razorback:
"We're gonna pick them up when they get off the damn bus" -Mike Anderson

Pigroast

"We're gonna pick them up when they get off the damn bus" -Mike Anderson

Hognum P.I.

Andre Patillo was the guy who screwed us a couple times.  Once was when he set the ball down on the court and just started the countdown after a timeout during the SECT.
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/arkchirodoc/th_Obamastan.jpg

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

StubbsGOhogs

Quote from: pig_sooie27 on January 18, 2010, 07:37:47 am
Andre Patillo was the guy who screwed us a couple times.  Once was when he set the ball down on the court and just started the countdown after a timeout during the SECT.

Patillo also came out of the stands to make the call on the Georgetown game in Boise! I have the game on vhs and have watched it so many times the shot was late and he blew it! Ill take that one to my grave that shot was no good

Niels Boar

Quote from: pig_sooie27 on January 18, 2010, 07:37:47 am

That was a critical end-of-the-game possession in the postseason.  I have never seen a ref do that before or since period.  If anything, he should have called a delay-of-game warning and then tec, not that I have ever seen a ref do that out of a timeout either.

Niels Boar

Quote from: StubbsGOhogs on January 18, 2010, 05:11:38 pm
Patillo also came out of the stands to make the call on the Georgetown game in Boise! I have the game on vhs and have watched it so many times the shot was late and he blew it! Ill take that one to my grave that shot was no good

That cost us at least a Sweet Sixteen.  Iowa St. had been upset by the #15 seed.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Niels Boar on January 18, 2010, 05:18:59 pm
That cost us at least a Sweet Sixteen.  Iowa St. had been upset by the #15 seed.

I remember that.  Hampton beat ISU 58-57.  Pretty wild as well.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jman

Patillo is the guy I remember.  He pulled a bad one on us vs Georgia in the SEC Tourney

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: StubbsGOhogs on January 18, 2010, 05:11:38 pm

And the Georgetown coach had his team scurry like rats back to the locker room.

I was red-eyed furious after that game.

dhornjr1

I remember Nolan having some run-ins with Mike Tanco back in the SWC days.

stchane

I don't know if Nolan didn't like this guy, but Tom Eades has screwed us more times than I'd like to count.  There was the LSU game several years ago when Mike Jones hit a 3 with under a minute left.  Eades calls it a 2 and the game goes to overtime.  Sean McCurdy gets fouled (good job Heath of having him in there) and misses two free throws.  LSU wins. 

That is the one that really sticks out in my mind that I haven't gotten over yet.  I know for a fact that there are others out there.  There was the time Broyles chased this guy off the court at the Bud, but I can't remember that game. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Hognum P.I.

Quote from: Niels Boar on January 18, 2010, 05:17:48 pm
That was a critical end-of-the-game possession in the postseason.  I have never seen a ref do that before or since period.  If anything, he should have called a delay-of-game warning and then tec, not that I have ever seen a ref do that out of a timeout either.

Derek Hood had to just run over there and throw it in, in hopes of one of our guys getting it.  Too bad it turned into a GA layup and gave them the lead.  IIRC we were up one at the time with less than a minute left.

Never seen it before.  I've heard a ref tell a coach to get out of the TO quicker, but thats about all.

And I believe Patillo is AD at Morehouse College now.
http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/arkchirodoc/th_Obamastan.jpg

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

StubbsGOhogs

Quote from: stchane on January 19, 2010, 08:18:16 am
I don't know if Nolan didn't like this guy, but Tom Eades has screwed us more times than I'd like to count.  There was the LSU game several years ago when Mike Jones hit a 3 with under a minute left.  Eades calls it a 2 and the game goes to overtime.  Sean McCurdy gets fouled (good job Heath of having him in there) and misses two free throws.  LSU wins. 

That is the one that really sticks out in my mind that I haven't gotten over yet.  I know for a fact that there are others out there.  There was the time Broyles chased this guy off the court at the Bud, but I can't remember that game.

I only remember because I was at the game I believe Stans first year? Could have been second! It was a very heated close game against Memphis! Broyles told him he was the worst hed ever seen that coming from Eades! I would totally agree with coach Broyles the officiating was pathetic