Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

have not seen this metioned yet

Started by bolo1010, January 17, 2010, 01:57:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bolo1010

January 17, 2010, 01:57:30 am Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:59:08 am by bolo1010
clarkes dribble behind the  the back and no look to wash for the slam!

play of the game imo.

man if wash woud play that hard from here on out and we know powell will do his job i say we get 9..  maybe 10 conf wins this year.

Obvilously the hardest part is winning the road  games but ive been seeing the hustle lately taht the hogs actually want to win now and gettiing a sort of an idenity and playing with chemistry.

as long as we can keep playing like that,  play a lil better on defense and keep the rebound margin close we will win 9 or 10 conf games.

i know alot will disagree but thats just my opinion.

feel free to add anything else.

bolo1010

and yes..  less welsh..  more wins

bolo1010

i said feel FREE to add anything..  dont cost nothing.  lol

Danny J

It was a great play. I think the complaints about washington in most games this season, except for the stephen f austin game, was his lack of hustle. He showed up bigtime espeically in the second half. I think we have a VERY good starting 5 with britt added to the starting lineup. I think it will take a few games for this starting lineup to begin to really gel as a team. The problem will be as we go deeper into the season what will the dropoff in conditioning be if they all play 30+ minutes a game. The talent drop off from wash, powell, clarke and fortson is obvious. I hope that johnson, bryant, farmer and nobles will continue to improve so we can go deeper. Welsh maybe a lost cause. 

Ugly Uncle

Could it be that Washington is just now getting healthy?
Retired Radio Host

Danny J

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 18, 2010, 02:38:56 am
Could it be that Washington is just now getting healthy?
Could be. Its just seems to me that he hustles a little more in some games than others. I think he should continue to be aggresive when he isw being played one on one. Also I notice alot of the time instead of going straight up and drawing a foul he tries too hard to duck under the rim and reverse his shots. He should be able to back down MOST defenders he will face this year with some exceptions. If he has ANY shot at the NBA he needs to start trying to back his man down and going hard to the rim.

Beaverfever

Washington just doesn't seem to bother unless the team is playing well.  He's always been like that.  As long as we suck he just chills out and mopes around the court.  When we win a game or two or start playing better he starts busting  his ass. 

bolo1010

wash does have a bad attitude sometimes.  smetimes i think he just dont care.

then you will see other games when he is all hustle. Divng for balls,  going strong to the basket, be more aggressive on the boards.

it was bad at the begging of the year how he was probably because of all the loses and stuff but if he would play hard and act like he wants to win like he did lastnite then we would be a lot better team.

he just needs to bring that every game instead of just when he wants to

bolo1010

January 18, 2010, 11:57:33 am #8 Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:05:26 pm by bolo1010
beaver i just reread your post and you're absolutely right.

now that i look at it i pretty much said the same thing you did but im posting from my phone and i cant read post while im typing  lol

3kgthog

Washington is the type that will definitely let you know on the court if he's hurting. He'll put his hands on his knees, grimace like there's no tomorrow until Pel takes him out, go half-speed, etc.

His problems are his footwork is terrible, he's a defensive liability when a post player backs him down, and he doesn't have much of an offensive game unless he gets dunks or garbage baskets. Once he gets shut down he sulks and when he scores he brightens back up. He'll do these two things throughout an entire game and it never stops.

cashmoneyman_04

Quote from: bolo1010 on January 17, 2010, 01:57:30 am
clarkes dribble behind the  the back and no look to wash for the slam!

play of the game imo.

man if wash woud play that hard from here on out and we know powell will do his job i say we get 9..  maybe 10 conf wins this year.

Obvilously the hardest part is winning the road  games but ive been seeing the hustle lately taht the hogs actually want to win now and gettiing a sort of an idenity and playing with chemistry.

as long as we can keep playing like that,  play a lil better on defense and keep the rebound margin close we will win 9 or 10 conf games.

i know alot will disagree but thats just my opinion.

feel free to add anything else.
before i would have thought you saying 9 or 10 sec wins is stupid...But i feel we will play very good at home and win most of them.  and in my opinion we played awful at mississippi state (the best in the west i think) and we only lost by two..so it is possible
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

bolo1010

west is really down this year so we do have a legitamate chance to win the west.   defense def needs to get better tho but ima go ahead and say 9 conf wins this year.

maybe im being a lil optimistic but i see a team improving every single game and finaly getting a good chemistry going.

if im wrong about the 9 wins i have no problem eating my plate of crow but ill cheer for my hogs not matter what.

yeah ill get mad if we lose and say im not watching them sorry boneheads play the rest of the year..

but on game day im right in front of the tv cheering em on again.  lol

im sure im not the only one