Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hadn't seen this mentioned yet

Started by thirtythree, January 16, 2010, 09:55:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thirtythree

Missouri was up 10-0 the last I saw at Oklahoma. Just saw they lost 66-61. Is Oklahoma really that good?

The Hogfather

Fire Mike Anderson!  In fact, fire Roy Williams!!  They are 1-2 in conference with 409 McDonald's All Americans.  What a horrible coach!

GuvHog

Quote from: thirtythree on January 16, 2010, 09:55:12 pm
Missouri was up 10-0 the last I saw at Oklahoma. Just saw they lost 66-61. Is Oklahoma really that good?

No, Missouri is not a very good road team and that will hurt them this year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

batmanfan

Okie is young and improving...they looked alot better today than they did against the Hogs.

Mizzou got screwed at the end...down two, they stole the inbounds, the kid got tripped by an OU guy and called him for traveling even though he never tried to get up.  Boo.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

SunshinePumper

The play before that on the other end the ball was last tipped out of bounds by an OU player but they gave the ball to OU and they got 2 free throws out of the possession.  Replay clearly showed it touched the OU guy last.
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

Hogbody

Biggus Piggus

That traveling call was fine, he didn't get tripped.  He fell down retrieving a loose ball. 

Mizzou played awesome defense in the first half and didn't have much to show for it, because the Tigers shot absolutely horribly.  They don't have enough scorers.

They couldn't beat OU without Tony Crocker, who was injured in the game.  Not enough offensive structure and skill.  24% 3pt shooting, 42% from 2pt range.

Oklahoma doesn't even rate as even an average defensive team, and they lost their best defender to injury 5 minutes in.

While the Sooners made only 14 2pt baskets in the entire game, Mizzou got just 18.  They shot 21 treys and made 5.  Way too little organized offense.  It was butchery.
[CENSORED]!

Danny J

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 16, 2010, 10:01:33 pm
Fire Mike Anderson!  In fact, fire Roy Williams!!  They are 1-2 in conference with 409 McDonald's All Americans.  What a horrible coach!
LOL...it is truly amazing. Mizzou losses to OU on the road and certain people mock others who say that mike anderson is a better coach than pelphrey. We lose at home to etsu, morgan state and south bama, back to back to back, and certain people are willing to make excuse after excuse for why we lost those games. I dont want to hear the suspensions BS because tenn has won three straight against #1 kansas, #20 ole miss and auburn with fewer scholarship players than we had available. LOL...clearly losing on the road to OU is ALOT worse than the 3 teams we lost to. PS, we lost at OU also.

Biggus Piggus

Oh yeah, they let the Sooners shoot 53% inside and 38% outside in the second half, crappy overgambling D.

Something weird, Missouri forced 20 turnovers while committing 11, but OU scored more points off turnovers than Mizzou did.  The Sooners got back on D very well.  Missouri was awful in transition defense.  OU outscored Mizzou 13-4 on fast breaks, despite many fewer chances to run.  The Tigers got next to nothing for all the TOs they forced.
[CENSORED]!

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 16, 2010, 11:21:09 pm
LOL...it is truly amazing. Mizzou losses to OU on the road and certain people mock others who say that mike anderson is a better coach than pelphrey. We lose at home to etsu, morgan state and south bama, back to back to back, and certain people are willing to make excuse after excuse for why we lost those games. I dont want to hear the suspensions BS because tenn has won three straight against #1 kansas, #20 ole miss and auburn with fewer scholarship players than we had available. LOL...clearly losing on the road to OU is ALOT worse than the 3 teams we lost to. PS, we lost at OU also.

Shh. Let the Huggers have their day. Our big win today over that Alabama powerhouse was fantastic and unexpected, even though we beat them last year and should have won the game as Alabama is in it's first year under a new coach (That's his actual first year. Not like Pelphrey's first year which doesn't hit until next year I don't think).

Congrats Pel Huggers, your man showed the doubters today without question that he is the best head coach named John Pelphrey in the entire country. I just hope this win gets him the extension that he's worked so hard for and earned.

thirtythree

I think the biggest point is that some on here put MA on such a high pedestal because they really want Pel gone that bad. Now, what can you expect when "the chosen one" doesn't get it done? People on here were saying that we still should have beaten OU even when we played them. Now, that being said, what do you say about Mizzou? It goes both ways. MA had his whole team and OU was without one of their best. The only thing that the "fastest 40 minutes in basketball" did was force 20 TO's which they did nothing with.

I will say again, I like MA. I am not against him coaching here at UA if that ends up happening.

GuvHog

Tennessee had 8 scholarship players available yesterday (although only 6 played) and had to go to overtime to
barely escape an Ole Miss team who was beaten worse by Mississippi State in Oxford. In fact, State beat Ole
Miss in Oxford by a larger margin than they beat the Hogs by in Starkville. Kudos to the Vols for pulling off a
shocker at home against Kansas but lets not make them better than they really are.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 17, 2010, 08:31:45 am
Tennessee had 8 scholarship players available yesterday (although only 6 played) and had to go to overtime to
barely escape an Ole Miss team who was beaten worse by Mississippi State in Oxford. In fact, State beat Ole
Miss in Oxford by a larger margin than they beat the Hogs by in Starkville. Kudos to the Vols for pulling off a
shocker at home against Kansas but lets not make them better than they really are.

You know Ole Miss is a ranked team that is pretty good right?

GuvHog

Quote from: LRMedHawg on January 17, 2010, 09:12:38 am
You know Ole Miss is a ranked team that is pretty good right?

IMO they're a little overrated. How can a team be ranked with a losing record in Conference play? Besides, a
ranked team shouldn't lose to an unranked state rival on their home court. Ole Miss won't be ranked in the
next poll but Mississippi State should be.

bvillepig

Mike Anderson to this point has proved himself to be a better Coach than Pelphry and many others.

He is tied for      18th      among active coaches in NCAA tourney wins.

The Hogfather

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 17, 2010, 09:22:30 am
IMO they're a little overrated. How can a team be ranked with a losing record in Conference play? Besides, a
ranked team shouldn't lose to an unranked state rival on their home court. Ole Miss won't be ranked in the

Completely agree.  When Ole Miss and Miss State played, I didn't consider it an upset that Miss State won.  I think Ole Miss was ranked #19 or somewhere close to that.  They were completely overrated.

GuvHog

Quote from: bvillepig on January 17, 2010, 09:23:27 am
Mike Anderson to this point has proved himself to be a better Coach than Pelphry and many others.

He is tied for      18th      among active coaches in NCAA tourney wins.

At this juncture I'm not going to dispute that but IMO, the jury is still out on Pelphrey.

LRMedHawg

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 17, 2010, 09:22:30 am

I think it was more of a case of Ole Miss being a little overrated with Miss State being underrated at the time.  It is way to early to talk about having a conference losing record as an indicator of being bad or good.  That's like saying we should be a NCAA tourny team because we are undefeated in conference play...just a little premature don't ya think.

GuvHog

Quote from: LRMedHawg on January 17, 2010, 09:39:12 am
I think it was more of a case of Ole Miss being a little overrated with Miss State being underrated at the time.  It is way to early to talk about having a conference losing record as an indicator of being bad or good.  That's like saying we should be a NCAA tourny team because we are undefeated in conference play...just a little premature don't ya think.

I've watched Ole Miss play on TV a few times and I haven't been impressed with them. Miss. St. however, is
a different story.

rolyat_2008

Okie is very inconsistent and haven't lived up to expectations this year

Breems

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 16, 2010, 10:01:33 pm

I'm jumpin on your bandwagon!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Niels Boar

January 17, 2010, 10:23:04 pm #21 Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 11:47:37 pm by Niels Boar
Missouri is jump-shot dependent.  It shows in their low FTA/FGA ratio. It makes them vulnerable to the random stinker game on O even though they have plenty of guys that can shoot the ball.  They had no business losing to OU, but they had no business losing to Oral Roberts either where they scored 59.  Same thing happened against Richmond.  They need to take more advantage of Ramsey and Bowers in the post, who are both shooting 60% inside the arc to complement the usually good perimeter shooting and offensive rebounding.  They won't shoot that poorly from the arc often. They have 5 players shooting around 40% on treys on a good number of attempts.  Mizzou would clobber OU at home. 

Fatigue may be an issue, too, in their poorer performances.  OU was the second of back-to-back away games.  Mizzou hasn't had a break on the weekend-midweek game cycle since before Christmas.  The Richmond game was the CG of a consecutive-day tourney, which has never been ideal for that system. Three of their four losses came in a 10-day period during and after that tourney.  When the legs go, jump shots go.  They got a break after ORU and reeled off 9 straight wins.

chiefsfan

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on January 17, 2010, 11:16:01 am
Okie is very inconsistent and haven't lived up to expectations this year

they are very young, but they have looked better in conference
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

DoubleJ

This is a pointless thread.  MA is a good coach, but he is going to lose some games.  By creating this thread, you are just giving leeway for people to start an "I told you Pel sucks because we lost to _____" thread.  It's a vicious cycle.

thirtythree

Quote from: DoubleJ on January 18, 2010, 10:20:28 am
This is a pointless thread.  MA is a good coach, but he is going to lose some games.  By creating this thread, you are just giving leeway for people to start an "I told you Pel sucks because we lost to _____" thread.  It's a vicious cycle.

Oh, but others can start ones about Pel being fired and that's OK. Start one about the golden child and it's all wrong. Got it. I apologize.

Lando Calrissian

Missouri has no business being better than Arkansas, but they would outright kick the Hogs' ass if they played.

And no, I don't like that.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

thirtythree

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 18, 2010, 10:33:27 am
Missouri has no business being better than Arkansas, but they would outright kick the Hogs' ass if they played.

You don't know that, but thanks for assuming.

Lando Calrissian

I've seen them both play.  Thanks for clarifying my point.  It's a sad day when the once great Arkansas doesn't even KNOW if they can beat Missouri.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

thirtythree

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 18, 2010, 10:37:32 am
I've seen them both play.  Thanks for clarifying my point.  It's a sad day when the once great Arkansas doesn't even KNOW if they can beat Missouri.

And all of that means absolutely nothing.

Remember Alabama beat Baylor
Baylor beat Arkansas (without it's PG)
Arkansas beat Alabama

You will never know until the game happens. Again, thanks for assuming.

GuvHog

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 18, 2010, 10:33:27 am

Yeah right. A Missouri team that lost to an Oklahoma team that the Hogs would beat by double figures they way
they're playing now.

DoubleJ

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on January 18, 2010, 10:37:32 am

Hey, remember when we beat them by 50 in BWA when Mike Anderson was an assistant?

DoubleJ

Quote from: thirtythree on January 18, 2010, 10:31:13 am
Oh, but others can start ones about Pel being fired and that's OK. Start one about the golden child and it's all wrong. Got it. I apologize.

You started a thread calling out Mike Anderson for losing to an Oklahoma team that killed us, all the while, you say we need to hang on to our coach.  Real smarts there.

GuvHog

Quote from: DoubleJ on January 18, 2010, 10:49:22 am
You started a thread calling out Mike Anderson for losing to an Oklahoma team that killed us, all the while, you say we need to hang on to our coach.  Real smarts there.

An Oklahoma team that killed the Hogs when they were without Washington and Fortson. Be serious, the way the
Hogs are playing now the shoe would be on the other foot. It would be the Hogs by double figures.

DoubleJ

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 18, 2010, 10:56:11 am
An Oklahoma team that killed the Hogs when they were without Washington and Fortson. Be serious, the way the
Hogs are playing now the shoe would be on the other foot. It would be the Hogs by double figures.

You're delusional.

thirtythree

Quote from: DoubleJ on January 18, 2010, 10:49:22 am

You imply I was calling out MA. I didn't watch the game. I saw one score until I saw I lost by picking them to win in the streak for the cash. I simply asked if OU was the good. I didn't even know they lost Crocker till it was posted. If I had known all of that I would have posted something entirely different.

I remember some on here saying that Mizzou would destroy Oklahoma after we lost to them. Well, that didn't happen did it?

GuvHog

January 18, 2010, 11:07:55 am #35 Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:11:20 am by GUVHOG
Quote from: DoubleJ on January 18, 2010, 11:00:48 am
You're delusional.

No, I'm truthful. Oklahoma isn't a very good team, that Hog team they beat wasn't even decent. The Hogs are
playing much, much better basketball now than they were then. The Sooners have 1 player that is really good
(Warren) but the rest are just decent at best.

DoubleJ

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 18, 2010, 11:07:55 am
No, I'm truthful. Oklahoma isn't a very good team, that Hog team they beat wasn't even decent. The Hogs are
playing much, much better basketball now than they were then. The Sooners have 1 player that is really good
(Warren) but the rest are just decent at best.

We've won 1 out of our last 5 games.

GuvHog

Quote from: DoubleJ on January 18, 2010, 11:12:20 am
We've won 1 out of our last 5 games.

Agreed, but in doing so the Hogs came within 1 point of #24 UAB, within 11 points of #1 Texas, Within
2 points of Mississippi State in Starkville who is picked to win the west, and beat an Alabama team by
12 that came within 1 point of a good Vandy team. That speaks of how well this team is playing and how
much better they are at this juncture.

Niels Boar

A&M took Texas to OT in Austin.  They rallied to edge OU at home.  OU is playing better and may be better than they looked in nonconference.

chiefhawg

Missouri beat Kansas State  74-68 at Columbia. Conference games are hard to call.  The home team gets pumped.  Missouri did beat Texas tech in OT on the road. 

Wild Bill Hog

Danny J

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 19, 2010, 09:48:32 pm
Yes, but we're not coached by Mike Anderson.
Thats the difference I guess. Anderson has proved he can get it done and pelphrey has not proved anything. If pel gets us to the level of where he has mizzou then I will get off his case. I just want to win. I dont care who the coach is.