Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Told ya!

Started by vandybuff, January 16, 2010, 09:32:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

Good win! 

Hope you have many more to come!

What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Newhopehog

tks...wish some of our "fans" felt the same way...

vandybuff

Quote from: Newhopehog on January 16, 2010, 09:38:56 pm

but the most important fact is the 'real fans' such as you are still there!

Breems

LoL thanks vandybuff.  Definitely seeing some improvement. 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

porkinsons disease

Thanks vandy. I'm still a"hugger"
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jgphillips3

Most of us who are unhappy with the program as a whole are still happy we won, but reserving getting excited until this team actually does something...like say get a few games above .500 on the year.  Good win, we just need a LOT more to make this season remotely palatable. Here's to hoping today was the corner and we actually turned it. Good win Hogs!

3kgthog

Even my "program is dead" self predicted we'd win today. LOL Come on, man.

GuvHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 16, 2010, 10:43:17 pm
Even my "program is dead" self predicted we'd win today. LOL Come on, man.

By 12 points ???
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: GUVHOG on January 16, 2010, 10:52:11 pm
By 12 points ???

I had hoped so, yes. Alabama is a team in a full-fledged rebuild right now, if we didn't handle them decisively, I would have been worried.

Danny J

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on January 17, 2010, 01:40:50 am
I had hoped so, yes. Alabama is a team in a full-fledged rebuild right now, if we didn't handle them decisively, I would have been worried.
If we lost today I would have been leading the chants in front of pelphreys house: HEY HEY...HO HO...PELPHREYS...GOTTA GO! HEY HEY...HO HO..............

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 17, 2010, 01:45:21 am
If we lost today I would have been leading the chants in front of pelphreys house: HEY HEY...HO HO...PELPHREYS...GOTTA GO! HEY HEY...HO HO..............
agreed, it gets no easier in the SEC than it got today....playing an Alabama team that got its second  best player kicked out of the game early in the 2nd half gave us an open door for the win....we won by 12...great, I am sincerely happy...The fact that I'm willing to give Pelphrey an open mind is MUCH MORE than I had anticipated earlier in the year....we'll see, but this win was as easy as its going to get in the SEC this year
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

bolo1010

thanks vandybuff..  always keep it classy. 

looking forward to beaing yall this year  ;)

Newhopehog

that bama team beat lsu..mich...lost to vandy by 1 and beat baylor...

Danny J

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 17, 2010, 01:57:56 am
agreed, it gets no easier in the SEC than it got today....playing an Alabama team that got its second  best player kicked out of the game early in the 2nd half gave us an open door for the win....we won by 12...great, I am sincerely happy...The fact that I'm willing to give Pelphrey an open mind is MUCH MORE than I had anticipated earlier in the year....we'll see, but this win was as easy as its going to get in the SEC this year
I totally agree with that. The people who think we are going to stroll into athens and roll georgia are seriously delusional. The same can be said about auburn. Auburn shoots and makes ALOT of threes and the teams that shoot the 3's against us usually beat us. I am glad we won today but I am not getting my hopes up like I did after we beat OU and Texas last year. Man that was one HUGE letdown.

Danny J

Quote from: Newhopehog on January 17, 2010, 02:03:28 am
that bama team beat lsu..mich...lost to vandy by 1 and beat baylor...
So you are saying that we should be afraid of lsu? I totally agree. We should be afraid of EVERY team we play from here on out ESPECIALLY on the road. It all depends on how we gel as a team. If we start to gel and the 5 that started the game today become the players who get the most time on the floor together then I think we will improve all year long. I think we could POSSIBLY go 7-9 or 8-8 which is ALOT better than I thought we would be especially if fortson did not return.

bolo1010

i say we win 9 conf games..  my early prediction was 10 but ima say 9..  georgia looked good against mstate today.  led most of the game

Newhopehog

We should be afraid of everyone,,,,we are not good enough to take anyone for granted....what I said is that bama team is a little better than PRH was giving credit for......

Danny J

Quote from: Newhopehog on January 17, 2010, 02:14:34 am
We should be afraid of everyone,,,,we are not good enough to take anyone for granted....what I said is that bama team is a little better than PRH was giving credit for......
Other than kentucky and tennessee I think the entire sec is a tossup. I think depending on where the game is played will determine the winner. I think we could win all our homes games and lose all our road games or maybe lose one at home or steal one on the road. I think we have a shot to win the west as crazy as that sounds. Neither Ole miss or MSU is very impressive in the west. Florida doesnt impress me either. I think we can beat vandy at BWA but would lose if we played in nashville. Who knows how this is going to shake out.

bolo1010

January 17, 2010, 02:25:00 am #18 Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 02:29:20 am by bolo1010
seems to me every team in the sec this year is in consistent(sp?)  cept maybe kentucky..

tenn almost got beat by ole miss at home..

mstate looked horrible against georgia at home and i think i heard the announcer say georgia beat georgia tech that beat north carolina tonite and georgia lost to some bad teams.

its a wierd game sometimes

razorbackfan4life

I admit... I hate how far we have fallen as a basketball team.  But I truly enjoyed watching us kick some a$$ today.  If we can get some talented (TALL) guards in here, and a dominant big man.. things will be good.

Danny J

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on January 17, 2010, 03:12:24 am
I admit... I hate how far we have fallen as a basketball team.  But I truly enjoyed watching us kick some a$$ today.  If we can get some talented (TALL) guards in here, and a dominant big man.. things will be good.
Tall guards that can shoot and create their own shots.

vandybuff

Quote from: bolo1010 on January 17, 2010, 02:00:39 am
thanks vandybuff..  always keep it classy. 

looking forward to beaing yall this year  ;)

.... and beating us you most always do in Fayetteville ... or maybe it is 'you always do'.  Have we ever won at AR?

jackflash

I am just going to enjoy a win. They played hard in two SEC games. Looks like Britt can be a defensive stopper.

CoachHogT

Our best fan on this board is from Vandy......

Thanks

jgphillips3

Quote from: CoachHogT on January 17, 2010, 01:58:41 pm
Our best fan on this board is from Vandy......

Thanks

Being an optimist doesn't make you the best fan any more than being skeptical makes you the worst.  At the end of the day we are all Razorback fans.  I do appreciate Vandybuff though and he is always welcome on this board as far as I am concerned.  He has never posted anything that was less than classy and I do appreciate his positivity.

vandybuff

Coach Hog T and jg:  imo, a person must be positive or not be a fan.  My team is not a Organic Chem. final; in other words I 'do not have to' watch and study, but it is entertainment.  If I do not like what I see, I will leave ---- about six years ago I became tired of watching Kevin Stallings' rants on the sidelines.  I wrote to both Mr. Stallings and David Williams (Vice Chancellor who oversees athletic affairs) wishing them the best but saying this style of sideline behavior was not for me.  They both kindly replied.  I did not ask for a change - that is not my place - but rather stated my point that if a man was there to guide young men he should not act as a child would act regardless of wins. 

A couple of years later, and I am sure having nothing to do with me, Mr. Stallings seemed (to me) to mellow, and I again followed the games.   

CoachHogT

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 17, 2010, 04:21:19 pm
Being an optimist doesn't make you the best fan any more than being skeptical makes you the worst.  At the end of the day we are all Razorback fans.  I do appreciate Vandybuff though and he is always welcome on this board as far as I am concerned.  He has never posted anything that was less than classy and I do appreciate his positivity.

I was meaning best fan on this thread. Just being my everyday smart a** self.  Point taken.

The Boar War

I can think of one person who wasn't happy with the win. 

hawgsav1

What worries me about this is primarily that I'm not sure our defense really improved.  We matched up very well with Alabama.  As Alabama has been throughout the years, their team relied primarily on athleticism and the ability to score from the inside.  Alabama lost one of their best players, and they did get plenty of open looks from 3.  They simply couldn't knock them down.  I definitely saw SOME improvement defensively, especially from a hustle standpoint.  Britt played excellently, but I'm still not sure this unit can play well as a team.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

vandybuff

:'(
Quote from: CoachHogT on January 18, 2010, 05:24:05 pm
I was meaning best fan on this thread. Just being my everyday smart a** self.  Point taken.

... so I am only the best fan on 'this thread' ...... and I worked so hard.   :'(

The Boar War

Quote from: hawgsav1 on January 18, 2010, 07:13:11 pm
What worries me about this is primarily that I'm not sure our defense really improved.  We matched up very well with Alabama.  As Alabama has been throughout the years, their team relied primarily on athleticism and the ability to score from the inside.  Alabama lost one of their best players, and they did get plenty of open looks from 3.  They simply couldn't knock them down.  I definitely saw SOME improvement defensively, especially from a hustle standpoint.  Britt played excellently, but I'm still not sure this unit can play well as a team.

I think if Alabama had started to hit threes at any point during the second half we would have started defending the perimeter.  Like you said they like to score from the inside so we clogged up the interior.  If they wanted to keep throwing up ill advised shots that had little chance of going in, more power to them.  We won't be able to do it against many teams but it worked against Alabama.

hawgsav1

Quote from: The Boar War on January 19, 2010, 06:53:39 am
I think if Alabama had started to hit threes at any point during the second half we would have started defending the perimeter.  Like you said they like to score from the inside so we clogged up the interior.  If they wanted to keep throwing up ill advised shots that had little chance of going in, more power to them.  We won't be able to do it against many teams but it worked against Alabama.

My concern with that is that teams have been able to hit shots against us from the outside all year, especially when we go with that abhorrent 2-3 zone.  Hopefully we can defend the perimeter better in the future.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb