Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If the season would have started 3 games ago...

Started by brenthog, January 16, 2010, 08:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brenthog

we probably would be contending for the SEC west and an invite to the NCAA tournament as a top 5-6 seed.

Unfortunately we didn't have Fortson.

SunshinePumper

You'll be happy to know the new season started today.  Hogs are 1-0 in the new season.  Top 3 seed in the ncaa tourney is not out of the discussion.

Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

TNhawgfan

And if the football season would have started with Eastern Michigan, we would have been 5-1 and one stop away from a perfect season. Dang those schedule makers!
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Beaverfever

Fortson + Powell + Clarke is legit...we don't have much else but that threesome can play..I think as we are seeing wash is much better with fortson as well

3kgthog

1st half Fortson and we'd have the same record. 2nd half fortson and we'd be a lot better off. Hopefully 1st half Fortson is dead and gone.

chiefsfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 16, 2010, 09:07:19 pm
1st half Fortson and we'd have the same record. 2nd half fortson and we'd be a lot better off. Hopefully 1st half Fortson is dead and gone.

I gotta quit agreeing with you, it makes me look bad

The 2nd half Fortson was one of the best halves hes played in his career.  he realized he didnt need to score a ton of points, his teamates can do that
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

rude1

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 16, 2010, 09:17:47 pm
I gotta quit agreeing with you, it makes me look bad

The 2nd half Fortson was one of the best halves hes played in his career.  he realized he didnt need to score a ton of points, his teamates can do that
Of course not, he needs to keep firing away, we are a much better team and nearly unbeatable when he fires up 26 shots.

Good news is, Fortson scaled it back to 15 attempts, and that contributed to other guys getting their looks and scoring points, and the Hawgs winning. Bad news is he still lead the team in field goal attempts. Three games back, three games being the one taking the majority of the shots. It was much better this game, but he is still putting up too many shots from your point guard position. Especially for a guy who is only making 30% of his looks.

tsturg8738

Quote from: Beaverfever on January 16, 2010, 08:31:43 pm
Fortson + Powell + Clarke is legit...we don't have much else but that threesome can play..I think as we are seeing wash is much better with fortson as well

Did you not watch the game today?  Did you miss our best player today?  Washington was a man among boys. 17 pts, 13 rebounds and the biggest stat that won't show in the box score ...4 charges taken.  I believe he definitely deserves a little more credit than you are giving him.

Danny J

Quote from: tsturg8738 on January 16, 2010, 11:11:04 pm
Did you not watch the game today?  Did you miss our best player today?  Washington was a man among boys. 17 pts, 13 rebounds and the biggest stat that won't show in the box score ...4 charges taken.  I believe he definitely deserves a little more credit than you are giving him.
Totally agree. Washington, at times, played very well especially in the second half. I have not seen him play that hard especially in the second half since the stephen f austin game.