Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Pel and the Basketball team.

Started by Shag66, January 16, 2010, 07:41:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Shag66

We ride them pretty hard at times and they usually deserve it, but they played with heart and fire today. 

It was good to see them diving for balls and doing the dirty work that a good team needs to do to win.

Not only was it a good game, it was a fun game to watch.  It wasn't always pretty, but I give them their due. 

I yell when they look bad, but I also like to throw some praise when they play hard!

CONGRATS!

HogMantheIntruder

What's really good is having a conference win already.  I forget how long it took us last year.  It makes a huge difference having CF and a healthy MW.  Now if we can get Sanchez back (not that he's some kind of savior, but he adds depth and heart), we might actually have a decent season.  I hope so.  I really want to see Pelphrey succeed here. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

Mike Washington came to play today, I'm sooo glad he's looking like his old self. I don't have anything to base this on, other than by watching the game and speculating, but I think before the game, Fortson was told not to shoot so much (like the 24 shots last game), and to distribute, and he came out in the first part of the first half and didn't drive the ball once. Just stood on the perimeter and had turnovers trying to make the entry pass into the post. That's not his game. After Alabama made their first half run, he came out of the timeout and started shaking his man and getting into the lane, and thus we started becoming more effective. I absolutely love when teams double Cortney and he drives past all of them to leave Rotnei open, we'll take that all day. Marshawn Powell is the best freshman big man we've had in a long while, when he becomes stronger I think his defense will make him a real stud.

SunshinePumper

Some congratulations are indeed in order.  They looked good today.  I see lots of losses coming up though. 
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: SunshinePumper on January 16, 2010, 08:35:13 pm
Some congratulations are indeed in order.  They looked good today.  I see lots of losses coming up though.

Your credibility would go up a lot if you could just allow yourself once or twice to stop after those first two sentences.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.