Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good game hogs

Started by MHS, January 16, 2010, 02:57:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MHS

Shows if you keep Welsh on the bench (1 1/2 minutes, 2 to, one matador defense layup and foul), and you can win.  Britt will play TEAM ball, Stefan won't.  Keep it going.

OLDHOG

AGREED.
Quote from: MHS on January 16, 2010, 02:57:33 pm
Shows if you keep Welsh on the bench (1 1/2 minutes, 2 to, one matador defense layup and foul), and you can win.  Britt will play TEAM ball, Stefan won't.  Keep it going.

eathill5

I have defended Welsh more times than I care to remember, but I am coming around to this side of thinking.  Welsh can get hot, but I think overall Britt has more to offer!  Whew that was hard to say.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: eathill5 on January 16, 2010, 03:01:16 pm
I have defended Welsh more times than I care to remember, but I am coming around to this side of thinking.  Welsh can get hot, but I think overall Britt has more to offer!  Whew that was hard to say.

Admit it, it feels good.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hogfan74

I can't stand Welsh's game either, but he does consistently give great defensive effort unlike others on the team.

The Boar War

The best we've played in over a year.  Washington and Britt looked like new players.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: hogfan74 on January 16, 2010, 03:35:10 pm
I can't stand Welsh's game either, but he does consistently give great defensive effort unlike others on the team.
Britt is leaps and bounds better on D.
ched come back pls

jgphillips3

Britt isn't the most talented guy in the world but I love his heart, intensity, teamwork and passion. A guy like that makes alot of difference in the final score in ways that don't always show in the box score.

fred ziffel

Britt is a steady player...very dependable. You can trust him to make good decisions.
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

LRMedHawg

Britt earned his starting role today.  He should have that position locked up for the Florida game.

Hogimus Prime

Britt is a good team player.   Britt won't win a game for you but he won't lose a game for either.    He plays good defense and takes open shots, doesn't force anything if it isn't there.   

BTW Britt does have a good looking shot.

HawgWild

LRMedHawg

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 16, 2010, 03:44:47 pm
Britt is a good team player.   Britt won't win a game for you but he won't lose a game for either.    He plays good defense and takes open shots, doesn't force anything if it isn't there.   

BTW Britt does have a good looking shot.

He does have a pretty good looking shot and is more than capable of knocking one down when open.  I just think he gets nervous when shooting under pressure and losses that touch necessary to knock down pressure shots.

SemperHawg

Could not agree more.

MHS

Appreciate everyone's feedback.  Nice to see most folks finally agree on this.  Cut a cancer out, heal an injury.

ge-erdone

Quote from: fred ziffel on January 16, 2010, 03:43:28 pm
Britt is a steady player...very dependable. You can trust him to make good decisions.
If he keeps starting, and gaining confidence, he will add 6 to 12  ppg, as he is a good outside shooter, and would contribute at the FT line, in my opinion.

MHS

Couldn't agree more.  Biggest thing is he doesn't appear to get rattled, or out of control- gives some badly needed maturity on the court.  May or may not score a lot but is a threat to at least hit the boards for  2nd chances, and more importantly, plays good outside defense, something Welsh can't spell apparently.

swinesation

Quote from: MHS on January 16, 2010, 03:57:03 pm
Appreciate everyone's feedback.  Nice to see most folks finally agree on this.  Cut a cancer out, heal an injury.

Oh yeah, very nice. We can all agree that one of our students-athletes who has played hard for our team for the last four years is a CANCER. C'mon, Steph's mom and dad, join the chorus: "Steph is a cancer, and we have cut him out. We have healed our injury, give me a shout!" This unity is beautiful.

deucea729

I cannot for the life of me understand why it has taken two different coaching staffs this long to figure this out.  Welsh can get hot as a shooter, and he can be a good on-the-ball defender at times.  But he makes more than his fair share of mental errors and ill-advised shot attempts. 

Time for the Britt era to begin in full force.

JONAS

If we can win 1 more SEC game, we will match our season total from last year.

HawgTide

Good effort by the Hogs today.If we come to play like that every game we will suprise some teams.

clank

Britt played really well but Welsh can defend when he wants to; he blanketed JJ Abrams all game last year. He was basically the difference between winning and losing, he even followed Abrams to the Texas bench during a timeout if anyone remembers that

JONAS

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on January 16, 2010, 05:00:20 pm
I think we win 7 more SEC games.

I hope you are right, but we need to win a few more just to even make the NIT.  There is always the CBI.

dougieritch

Quote from: HogsnCards on January 16, 2010, 03:40:00 pm
Britt is leaps and bounds better on D.

Plus he doesn't jack up shots, he shoots when he is open, and he is scrappy at getting rebounds. 

Agree they need to stick with Britt over Welsh...HE SUCKS! 

sirhog

I think Welsh is our best on ball defender but he kind of negates it with his decision making (sometimes). I've always liked Britt and he seems to have improved a lot this past year. He plays great defense, hustles, has a good shot and doesn't do much negative to hurt the team. I just wish he would be a bit more aggressive on offense.

Hollywood_HOGan45

welsh has hurt us bigtime. I like the move to britt!

Hogs-In-My-Heart

Britt was good on defense today and the crowd let him know about it. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: MHS on January 16, 2010, 02:57:33 pmBritt will play TEAM ball

Of course.

Then again, we found that out before the season even started.

chiefsfan

Quote from: JONAS on January 16, 2010, 05:20:15 pm
I hope you are right, but we need to win a few more just to even make the NIT.  There is always the CBI.

you need to stop worrying about postseason.  Those chances are pretty much shot unless Arkansas goes crazy in SEC play.   worry about what improvement you can see as a team and what can happen by the time the SEC tourney rolls around
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.