Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With today's results

Started by East TN HAWG, January 16, 2010, 02:51:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

East TN HAWG

I back off from calling for Pel's head.  Now if he can do it 7-8 more times.  I'll wecome him back nect year.  Improvement!!  That's all I want.  Keep it going.

midwestcityhog

seriously, 8-8 should be easy playing like this.

our home schedule is actually pretty favorable (florida, vandy, scar at home from the east, meaning we play tough Kentucky and UT on the road where we are 'expected' to lose);

wouldnt surprise me to go 8-0 at home, though i bet 7-1 or 6-2 is more likely.  add in a few road wins at auburn, georgia, that's 8 or 9 wins with nothing 'unexpected' (like winning at ole miss) thrown in

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

I agree. But, if we fall back to a Baylor-like performance next game, I will start to call for his head.
ched come back pls

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Wonder where Joe is today?  Thought he was going to be ranting after every game this year...  Bet he's pretty upset after today's performance.

3kgthog

I would bet you that FCJ is enjoying the win. No one wants them to lose, not even FCJ. I'll continue to pound this point until it sticks.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 16, 2010, 03:11:52 pm
I would bet you that FCJ is enjoying the win. No one wants them to lose, not even FCJ. I'll continue to pound this point until it sticks.

Liar liar pants on fire.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 16, 2010, 03:12:29 pm
Liar liar pants on fire.
Ditto.

Some people are just negative nancys.  They can't help themselves.

jgphillips3

Never get too high after one win or too low after one loss. That said, good game Hogs. Here's to hoping you can pull a few out of the hat that don't look likely and get some momentum.

Breems

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 16, 2010, 03:16:51 pm
Never get too high after one win or too low after one loss.

I think that happens to both sides.  The latter creates board wars though.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hogtropolis™

Georgia is not going to be an easy game. They are taking it to MSU right now at the Hump.

And looking on the bright side, we're halfway to our SEC win total from last year already!

jgphillips3

Quote from: Breems on January 16, 2010, 03:17:43 pm
I think that happens to both sides.  The latter creates board wars though.

Some people don't take any loss well, but you can stomach a loss every once in a while against a quality opponent. Board wars start when you go 2-14 in conference and then lose three straight to mid-majors. I just hope this can stem the bleeding. I can't take many more losses or moral victories. If this team will manage 8-8 this year, I can be patient for one more season. I am just anxious for the day we watch selection Sunday for seeding purposes.

HF_Mudd

Good job hogs.  Three triple doubles today.

Great and well deserved win.
And so it is, my friend....

yraciv

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 16, 2010, 03:11:52 pm

I thought he was on record saying he wanted us to lose until Pel was let go.

thirtythree

Quote from: yraciv on January 16, 2010, 03:57:10 pm
I thought he was on record saying he wanted us to lose until Pel was let go.

I will back up FCJ on this. He has never actually said he wanted the Hogs to lose. However, one could interpret that in his statements.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: HF_Mudd on January 16, 2010, 03:55:43 pm
Good job hogs.  Three triple doubles today.

Great and well deserved win.
3 double-doubles. I'm not sure 3 players on the same team have ever got triple-doulbes in the same game.

But yes, I was proud of our team today. We played well.

BallHog1

Quote from: thirtythree on January 16, 2010, 04:01:53 pm
I will back up FCJ on this. He has never actually said he wanted the Hogs to lose. However, one could interpret that in his statements.
I've never seen him say that either. That said, I avoid reading most of what he writes and I would never want to be on any team with him or any of his children as he hits me as the type that likes to quit when things aren't going his way.

thirtythree

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 16, 2010, 04:18:47 pm
I've never seen him say that either. That said, I avoid reading most of what he writes and I would never want to be on any team with him or any of his children as he hits me as the type that likes to quit when things aren't going his way.

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't either.

Porkatarian

I'm thrilled with the win and I'm encouraged about how hard we've been playing lately.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Biggus Piggus

The bench is good for about as much as it got today, six players getting five minutes apiece.
[CENSORED]!