Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How about Tennessee

Started by HogInThaGrove, January 16, 2010, 12:06:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogInThaGrove

Already reinstated 2 players that were ARRESTED 16 days ago on drug, alcohol, and weapons charges. 

Our guys are suspended for longer being accused, not arrested, but accused of rape.  They said they aren't waiting till the 29th for the court hearing.

I'm going to be honest, I'm glad we don't operate that way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4831580

thirtythree

Absolutely. Now, I will say this. I have said before that I don't agree with the amount of time the guys, that were involved, were suspended for without being charged. I agree that they should have had some time off, but not the amount that they got.

thirtythree

I picked Missouri to beat Oklahoma on streak for the cash.

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: thirtythree on January 16, 2010, 12:08:43 pm
Absolutely. Now, I will say this. I have said before that I don't agree with the amount of time the guys, that were involved, were suspended for without being charged. I agree that they should have had some time off, but not the amount that they got.

Agreed.  I'm more concerned that the Tennessee guys were ARRESTED and got less time.  Not that rape is any less significant than weapons, drug, and alcohol charges.  But, that they were only accused.  However, our kids will think twice before they do anything like that again, the Tennessee kids, I'm not so sure.

TNhawgfan

But I saw on an interview on the local news that Pearl said these young men will have to "earn their minutes back" because they aren't "completely out of trouble yet." I at first laughted, but hey, Pearl has never been a disciplinarian
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Scott7703

Bruce Pearl for you...Im suprised he kicked Tyler Smith off the team...He is concerned with one thing and one thing only....

Fed

OrangeNinja

There are a lot of facts being left out of this thread.  Tatum and Goins had nothing to do with the guns or the weed.  As has been mentioned, Tyler was responsible for both the guns (those around the situation know why he had them).  The weed was found in Brian Williams' bag.  As for the open container of alcohol, it is a non-issue, because it was in the back seat away from the driver (which was Tatum).  In Tennessee, it's not illegal to have an open container of alcohol in the car, as long as it's out of reach of the driver.  Furthermore, no one was intoxicated, and all 4 passed drug tests. 

So, the only thing either was guilty of was speeding, and perhaps a minor lapse in judgment by being in the car, if they knew about the guns.  The speeding is on Tatum, who was clocked at 70 in a 55.  Big whoop.  Other than a speeding ticket, both will be cleared of all charges, if they haven't already.

I'm not sure what you expect Pearl to do.  Pearl even said in the post game yesterday that after uncovering all the facts, they didn't deserve to be suspended for 4 games.  The only reason they were suspended for as long as they were is because Pearl wanted to find out exactly what happened first.  Brian Williams, OTOH, is still indefinitely suspended, with no time line for his return.

thirtythree

I agree. I think the two were cleared by judicial affairs on campus and will most likely be cleared by the court as well.

Marshfieldhog

Pel would have brought them back just as quick..jeff long is the one laying the law down

thirtythree

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 17, 2010, 07:23:37 am
Pel would have brought them back just as quick..jeff long is the one laying the law down

You don't know what CJP would have done, but thanks for assuming.

GuvHog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 17, 2010, 07:23:37 am

You don't know for sure that Long handled the suspensions, you just ASSUME he did. Most likely
Pel handled the suspensions knowing it would cost them some early ballgames and long backed
him by most likely giving him another year but I'll admit I don't know that for sure, it's just an
opinion.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!