Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oaklawn Friday

Started by The Hawg Marshal, April 13, 2017, 06:56:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Anyone have any picks to share for Fridays races. I'm a total novice.

Russ22

I am sure that there will be guys around tomorrow.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Russ22

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on April 13, 2017, 06:56:56 pm
Anyone have any picks to share for Fridays races. I'm a total novice.
I wrote a Monte Carlo program to simulate races at OP. Every race day since February 17 I have placed my selections here:

http://depriest-mpu.blogspot.com/

Through 314 races, the simulation is +$140.80 on $2 Win bets on the simulated winner (ROI of $2.448). It has ups and downs - also posted there. No guarantees that it will continue to work or that it will be profitable today. I am not a complete novice, but I am pretty new.

mckinneyhog, holeinthewall, heavylifting, The HogFather, and kingoftherapids are a few of the guys that know their stuff. They actually know the wagering strategies - while I just put $2 to win on X horse. It takes a bit [read that as a WHOLE LOT] to get to that level, but you have to start somewhere.

showhimthewhip

i like the price on the 5 in the 7th.  Typically I look for one of two things in MSW races... 1. A horse that ran second last race or 2. A 2nd time starter that ran a good debut.  Horses typically improve 4-5 lengths from their first to their second start.

This horse first both bills and at a morning line of 6-1 is worth the bet.

showhimthewhip

Gonna take a shot in the first with the 5 who looks to be one of the only horses in the race in good form.

Russ22

Quote from: showhimthewhip on April 14, 2017, 11:22:16 am
Gonna take a shot in the first with the 5 who looks to be one of the only horses in the race in good form.
Sorry I left you out of my list of knowledgeables ...It was not intentional.

Russ22

Anyone playing the early DD?

The Hogfather

I don't really like anyone in the 1st a whole lot.  I like the 12 in the 2nd.  Will probably play a 6,7/12.

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 14, 2017, 01:08:06 pm
I don't really like anyone in the 1st a whole lot.  I like the 12 in the 2nd.  Will probably play a 6,7/12.

Well, shiz.  6 won the 1st, 12 got bet down to the favorite in the 2nd and then RAN 2nd.  The 7 ran them off of their feet.

Russ22

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 14, 2017, 02:03:26 pm
Well, shiz.  6 won the 1st, 12 got bet down to the favorite in the 2nd and then RAN 2nd.  The 7 ran them off of their feet.
The 7 was allowed to control the pace so had something left for the stretch runners.

Russ22

Thoughts on this Pick 3 for races 6 - 7 - 8

1,3,12 / 8,9 / 3,5,10 ($9 ticket)

Russ22

Quote from: Russ22 on April 14, 2017, 03:38:05 pm
Thoughts on this Pick 3 for races 6 - 7 - 8

1,3,12 / 8,9 / 3,5,10 ($9 ticket)

Not much now...

jdelo77

I'll be playing there tommorrow and playing heavy ...good luck !!

mckinneyhog5

I'll be here tomorrow..had to work today. It's nice only working three days a week but those 12 hour shifts on a hospital floor wipe you out.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

I do have a question...how does anyone still not put some money on Van Bergs horses? Especially when the odds are around 15-1. That guy is a true money making trainer.

Just got home and looked at today's card...man I'm mad I worked now. Hopefully tomorrows card will be just as good.
I've got 500 to spend tomorrow and I'm wanting a return around 10-1 or 5000. I love these big race days!!! Let's get em and break the bank. I need some serious cash for the KD this year.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

jdelo77

I met Jack a few years ago at Remington , he was a no BS kinda guy !! I can admire a guy like that ..

mckinneyhog5

For those that beleive in superstition...my grandmother, who was a bookie, always told me to play horses with the word native or gold in their name. Knowing what I know now, she was just talking about breeding (Raise A Native.) Now I was really young at the time, maybe 10 but as soon as school got out I walked to my grandparents house just down the street from my school, until my parents got off. While I waited on them to pick me up I would sit in the kitchen with her and read the form. We would listen to the results on the radio, maybe 10-15 minutes after the race.
So, with her in mind tomorrow In the thrid I'm boxing Gold Hawk, Go Gold and Primary Gold.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 14, 2017, 08:30:11 pm
For those that beleive in superstition...my grandmother, who was a bookie, always told me to play horses with the word native or gold in their name. Knowing what I know now, she was just talking about breeding (Raise A Native.) Now I was really young at the time, maybe 10 but as soon as school got out I walked to my grandparents house just down the street from my school, until my parents got off. While I waited on them to pick me up I would sit in the kitchen with her and read the form. We would listen to the results on the radio, maybe 10-15 minutes after the race.
So, with her in mind tomorrow In the thrid I'm boxing Gold Hawk, Go Gold and Primary Gold.
Also, I have evidence to back it up. I was Sixteen and dating a girl who was older then me and in college at the time. So, I wanted to impress her with my horse racing knowledge so we went to Oaklawn for her and my first time. I took 100 to bet and was getting my butt kicked all day. The last race came up and with my last 20 I bet a horse called Gold Shipment. No reason other then what hat grandmother had said about betting horses with gold in the name. Well he won and payed 56.00 to win. I walked out of Oaklawn feeling like I had won a million dollars. I was instantly hooked!

Russ22

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 14, 2017, 08:58:50 pm
Also, I have evidence to back it up. I was Sixteen and dating a girl who was older then me and in college at the time. So, I wanted to impress her with my horse racing knowledge so we went to Oaklawn for her and my first time. I took 100 to bet and was getting my butt kicked all day. The last race came up and with my last 20 I bet a horse called Gold Shipment. No reason other then what hat grandmother had said about betting horses with gold in the name. Well he won and payed 56.00 to win. I walked out of Oaklawn feeling like I had won a million dollars. I was instantly hooked!

Cool story. I hope to ride the green wave to the bank with you today. :-)

jdelo77

Looking hard at 6/7 early double ... I really like the 7 in the 2nd ..

The Hawg Marshal

Thanks for the replies guys. I did ok for someone of my limited knowledge. I whiffed on the first race. But in the 2nd I had the #7 to win, so that was nice and the start of a small streak. I hit the exacta in races 3,4,5. They didn't pay much but at least I cashed. Totally missed in the 6th , 7th I hit a small exacta again and whiffed in the 8th. We left after that, had to get home. All in all it was good day.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 14, 2017, 08:30:11 pm
Those horses are in the second race not the Thrid..

Russ22

Are you really boxing those horses in the 3rd based on superstition?

'Cuz if I hit the 1st race I may just join you.