Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Hiring Long

Started by BigBen, November 13, 2017, 03:24:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phadedhawg

I wouldn't blame him for moving on to saner pastures. 

BannerMountainMan

AD: Bazzel

HC: Venables

OC: Kelly
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Silent

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 06:18:36 pm
Well, good luck, but according to HV, he's probably too late.

Yeap, hogville knows all.. lol

cjack

I'm guessing all the Bazzell posts are a joke I missed out on when I was absent from HV for a few seasons.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

ricepig

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 13, 2017, 06:23:33 pm
AD: Bazzel

HC: Venables

OC: Kelly

No DC, or just let Venables handle it and save the money for a special teams coach?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ricepig on November 13, 2017, 06:34:25 pm
No DC, or just let Venables handle it and save the money for a special teams coach?
we just gonna out score them and save the money so we can give it to recruits
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Lady Razorback

Quote from: cjack on November 13, 2017, 06:27:42 pm
I'm guessing all the Bazzell posts are a joke I missed out on when I was absent from HV for a few seasons.

I hope so.  He lacks any business background, managerial experience to manage the Athletic Department.  That is completely over his head. 

Danimal

Quote from: BigBen on November 13, 2017, 03:24:35 pm
Heard from an old fraternity brother this morning that is pretty well connected. Apparently Jeff Long is expected to step down by end of the year to take a position within the NCAA.
A former AD with an axe to grind will be working for the NCAA, and Gus will be coming in as coach --- this should turn out well.....

dmaxfan

Quote from: Danimal on November 13, 2017, 06:45:15 pm
A former AD with an axe to grind will be working for the NCAA, and Gus will be coming in as coach --- this should turn out well.....

Exactly what I thought. Kinda like divorcing your wife that works for the IRS
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Hoggle

Dwight_K_Shrute

Anyone worrying about Jeff Long trying to start something if he is hired by the NCAA is nuts.  He would basically be implicating himself and unless he wants to make a life out of working for the NCAA it would be career suicide to go after your former employer.  Lots of other mitigating circumstances as well such as conflicts of interest and UofA claiming it's BS and vindictive and that JL just has an axe to grind.  If he goes to the NCAA he is not going to do or say $hit about the U of A unless it's to brag about something he did or accomplished here.  Some of you need to get a grip, join the real world and use some GD common sense.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

cjack

Quote from: AP85 on November 13, 2017, 07:18:49 pm
Yawn......

You are a sleepy boy, yawning your way through two different threads. Still celebrating the big victory in the Catholics v Convicts bowl?
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Danimal

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:29:01 pm
Anyone worrying about Jeff Long trying to start something if he is hired by the NCAA is nuts.  He would basically be implicating himself and unless he wants to make a life out of working for the NCAA it would be career suicide to go after your former employer.  Lots of other mitigating circumstances as well such as conflicts of interest and UofA claiming it's BS and vindictive and that JL just has an axe to grind.  If he goes to the NCAA he is not going to do or say $hit about the U of A unless it's to brag about something he did or accomplished here.  Some of you need to get a grip, join the real world and use some GD common sense.
So if Gus comes in and cheats it'll be ignored?.. Well hell -- COUNT ME IN!!... ;)

ShadowTheHedgehog

Will he stay in the playoff committee?

dmaxfan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:29:01 pm

Yeah, I'm sure if you were working for an ex, you wouldn't be fearful of reprisal. Gtfo. Just like when Al davis was still running the raiders, they weren't the most penalized team in the NFL because Davis kept suing them. Or the great game we played against auburn when they were undefeated and we had 1 loss against Alabama and it was blatantly obvious that the sec officials were screwing us to make sure to get a team in the national championship. Nah. Reprisal never happens
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Idahog

Quote from: dmaxfan on November 13, 2017, 08:42:30 pm
Yeah, I'm sure if you were working for an ex, you wouldn't be fearful of reprisal. Gtfo. Just like when Al davis was still running the raiders, they weren't the most penalized team in the NFL because Davis kept suing them. Or the great game we played against auburn when they were undefeated and we had 1 loss against Alabama and it was blatantly obvious that the sec officials were screwing us to make sure to get a team in the national championship. Nah. Reprisal never happens

You don't go to the NCAA and then point out the dirty laundry in a program you branded with #Integrity
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Kneph13

The NCAA saw how he destroyed Arkansas football and wants him to do the same nationwide.  Makes more room for succer.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Pork Twain

Quote from: tusked on November 13, 2017, 03:32:09 pm
Who's the AD candidates?  Is it HDN on the list?
Well according to Hogville, it must be a good ole Arkansas boy, just like JFB...wait...

Butch Davis
Tommy T
HDN
Strong
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Tusks

Maybe he has his sights on running the NCAA.  After the FBI scandal there may be an opening.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit