Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now about that $15 mill buyout?

Started by HogsBalls, November 14, 2015, 10:53:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsBalls

Looks pretty good now huh? Where's all the guys that wanted him gone?

We won't keep Enos long that's for sure.

Großer Kriegschwein

We'll keep him longer than you think. He wasn't an overly successful HC.
This is my non-signature signature.

moses_007

Pay Enos $1 million plus to keep him.  His play calling tonight was phenomenal.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TM Hog

Isn't that $15 million buyout only if the U of A wants to get rid of him? His buyout should he decide to leave is much lower. I can't remember the amount. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Hogarusa

Yes, its  $4 million if he wants to leave
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

BigSexyHog

I will admit that I was on CBB some at the start of the year. Losing to Toledo and Texas Tech is not acceptable to me just like losing to Rutgers and ULM.  Glad to see him and the rest of the coaches keep grinding away and getting better each week.. Looks like things are on track right now.  Next 2 weeks could be alot of fun... I want to destroy Miss St.  I want them crying when the clock is at 0:00....
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

NuttinItUp

Quote from: TM Hog on November 14, 2015, 10:57:44 pm
Isn't that $15 million buyout only if the U of A wants to get rid of him? His buyout should he decide to leave is much lower. I can't remember the amount. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, that is correct.

If he leaves, he would owe only a fraction of the amount that Arkansas would have to pay to fire him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25061764/arkansas-gives-bret-bielema-raise-extension-through-2020

"As illustrated by ArkansasFight.com, the contract's buyout terms are extremely friendly to Bielema, who would be owed $15.4 million if he's fired any time before 2018 and a minimum of $7.9 million if if he's fired any time before 2020. But Bielema would only owe Arkansas $4 million if he leaves in 2015 and would owe progressively less over the course of the contract down to only $500,000 on Jan. 1, 2019."

hammer66

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 14, 2015, 11:02:29 pm
Yes, that is correct.

If he leaves, he would owe only a fraction of the amount that Arkansas would have to pay to fire him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25061764/arkansas-gives-bret-bielema-raise-extension-through-2020

"As illustrated by ArkansasFight.com, the contract's buyout terms are extremely friendly to Bielema, who would be owed $15.4 million if he's fired any time before 2018 and a minimum of $7.9 million if if he's fired any time before 2020. But Bielema would only owe Arkansas $4 million if he leaves in 2015 and would owe progressively less over the course of the contract down to only $500,000 on Jan. 1, 2019."

If that's what it took to get him than it was well worth the risk, IMO