Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN3 blackout

Started by Hawgfan27, April 21, 2012, 11:13:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: strawhog on April 21, 2012, 02:22:31 pm
My espn3 app just acts likes it trying to load and it never shows the game.  Any ideas?
I am only finding ESPN app and not ESPN3 but I am logging on with my Xbox through my direct tv internet.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

lunchbox72703

glad it's working for you all.  I'm using hotspot and ESPN is still blacked out.  Its makingme log into cox everytime i press the watch button.  FRUSTRATED!!!

hawaiianhogster

I'm using google chrome to watch the video on ESPN3.com. Here is the link for the game http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/434968/

cmpledger

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 21, 2012, 02:24:47 pm
I am only finding ESPN app and not ESPN3 but I am logging on with my Xbox through my direct tv internet.

Everything streaming on the ESPN app is apart of ESPN3

Sed76

Nafunu32

Not exactly what you guys are looking for, but on espn3 check out the Goal Line: Spring Football link. Showing Arkansas atm

moses_007

It doesn't work...period on the computer.

majestic

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 11:22:04 am
Just download [CENSORED] and it will give you an out of area ip address and then you can watch it on ESPN3
Or don't, unless you like your browser being hijacked and your wireless connection being fubar'd. This is the biggest POS recommendation of all time.  You should be banned for recommending Hotspot.  Anyone who knows anything knows not to install that POS. 
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Keith Allen

Yes....I know it's an old thread....

I can't seem to find any info on here about the August 31st game.  I see FSN and ESPN3, but I'm wondering if this will be blacked out (Computer or Xbox) or if it will be on U-verse for the Central Arkansas area.....

I plan on having a party here at the house and would hate to not be able to get the game on TV.

Thanks for any help!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Keith Allen on August 10, 2013, 11:03:31 am

I can't seem to find any info on here about the August 31st game.  I see FSN and ESPN3, but I'm wondering if this will be blacked out (Computer or Xbox) or if it will be on U-verse for the Central Arkansas area.....

I plan on having a party here at the house and would hate to not be able to get the game on TV.

Thanks for any help!!

It should be on Fox Sports Southwest (Ch. 676 on Directv) but I don't know know about ESPN3. Game time is 3:00 PM but you probably already know that.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hawk8595

Quote from: Keith Allen on August 10, 2013, 11:03:31 am

Thanks for any help!!

Same here.  I see the game listed on ESPN3 but don't know how to determine blackouts.  Too soon?

Keith Allen

Thanks!

Forget to mention that I have U-verse in North Little Rock.

Jamie Jones

Blackouts usually apply to ESPN3 games that are on PPV. I don't remember any blackouts when the game was televised by a network. Should be able to see it on FSN.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Jamie Jones

Not only are games blacked out on ESNP3 during PPV, some areas are not allowed to even purchase the PPV because of blackouts. Again, it should be viewable on FSN. All bets are off for the Samford game, though.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

TNhogfan

The contract that the SEC has with ESPN calls for ESPN3 blackouts on the following games:
PPV games are blacked out in the state of the home team and the market for the visiting team.
FSN games are blacked out for the whole SEC footprint.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/134288/sec-television-faq.aspx

GuvHog

August 10, 2013, 01:28:56 pm #115 Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:56:18 pm by Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb
Quote from: TNhogfan on August 10, 2013, 01:24:56 pm
The contract that the SEC has with ESPN calls for ESPN3 blackouts on the following games:
PPV games are blacked out in the state of the home team and the market for the visiting team.
FSN games are blacked out for the whole SEC footprint.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/134288/sec-television-faq.aspx

Sometimes the Fox games are broadcast only in certain areas of the SEC and the rest would be blacked out. Here in Arkansas, the game should be on Fox Sports Southwest which is carried by Directv, Dish, ATT Universe, and most every cable TV provider. That's good information about  ESPN3 you posted.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TNhogfan

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on August 10, 2013, 01:28:56 pm
Sometimes the Fox games are broadcast only in certain areas of the SEC and the rest would be blacked out. Here in Arkansas, the game should be on Fox Sports Southwest which is carried by Directv, Dish, ATT Universe, and most every cable TV provider. That's good information about  ESPN3 you posted.
Which FSN games have been blacked out on TV in the SEC footprint? The FSN games are always available throughout the SEC.

The AR/ULL game is going to be seen on:  FS-South, FS-TN, SunSport and FS-SW.  These RSNs carry each of the 8 games ESPN assigns to FSN each year.

MagnasHog15

I was just told by DirecTV that the game will only be available on ESPN 3.
Chuga Chuga Chuga...Wooooo Pig

The HOG train's comin'!!!!!!!

TNhogfan

The AR/ULL game is on the following: FS-South, FS-TN, SunSport, FS-SW, plus several RSNs outside of the SEC footprint.

http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly?week=1&sportYear=football2013

scroll down to the AR/ULL game listing and click on 'RSN Affiliates' and it will list all of the regional networks carrying the game.

The ESPN3 option is only available to people who live outside of the SEC footprint.

HighTide999

Quote from: Hogbody on April 21, 2012, 11:19:21 am
I'll be pissed

Get DirecTV and season tics, you will be ok, disappointed, but ok. LOL and -----
RTR