Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teach the children well ...

Started by hog tied, October 08, 2005, 03:52:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog tied

As Razorback fans we have two responsibilites to the next generation. Root for the Hogs at all costs and hate Texas. As I write this, Texas is beating Oklahoma 45-12, so badly that ABC has taken it off its national game coverage and opted for the Mich-Minn game. But, my eight year old son came into the living room before the OU-TX game started and asked me what I was doing? I told him that I was getting ready to watch the OU-TX game. Then a bonding unlike any other occurred.

I explained to him how its not right to root for Texas. He was a little puzzled. So I then told him that there are some things in life that are just right because God made them that way. Rooting for Arkansas is just right ... because it's just the right thing to do. He then asked, knowing that we had lived in Ft. Worth, TX at one point, if we could root for the Rangers or the Mavericks? I told him yeah, that's different. But, never under any circumstances can you root for Texas. I doesn't matter how good Vince Young is or how you might like Roger Clemens, you can't root for the Longhorns.         

We then practiced the inverted hook'em horns gesture, and enjoyed some other anti-Texas moments. It was a great day, as one more hog fan was catechized in the ways of Razorback football.

My only regret, was that we did not have the conversation sooner.         

dirty stanchez

My dad did the same thing for me.

memphishog

Thats a beautiful moment man, brought tears to my eyes! I hope your son remembers moments like that forever.