Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why would Mustain subject his future to Nutts detriment?

Started by oldbalddude, October 08, 2005, 10:17:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbalddude

Can Nutt and staff do anything good for the future possibilities of Mustain and other quality athletes? It doesn't appear to me that Nutt and staff have much of a program to produce mature, quality, college players for the pro scouts to look at.

JoeBobHog

it makes me think Mitch knows something the rest of us don't.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

PerryHog

1. Mitch is a huge hogfan.
2. Mitch knows he'll be set as a former hog, for life.
3. Likes the coach(Malzhan).
4. He's dating a hot chick who's going to ua next year?

I can't think of any other reasons at all. 

Fletch

Quote from: oldbalddude on October 08, 2005, 10:17:00 am
Can Nutt and staff do anything good for the future possibilities of Mustain and other quality athletes? It doesn't appear to me that Nutt and staff have much of a program to produce mature, quality, college players for the pro scouts to look at.
Have you missed the production of Jones,Carroll,Hamlin,Kennedy,Bua,Miller,Andrews,Cobbs,Burlsworth etc.? It seems to  me there have been plenty of high quality athletes produced by this program in the last 8 years.
I feel like $100

mikeirwin

Just a thought. Maybe he's been told that Nutt will not be directing the offense.

PintailKiller

Quote from: Fletch on October 08, 2005, 10:58:54 am
Have you missed the production of Jones,Carroll,Hamlin,Kennedy,Bua,Miller,Andrews,Cobbs,Burlsworth etc.? It seems to me there have been plenty of high quality athletes produced by this program in the last 8 years.

Too bad that all those players were just as good as freshmen as they were as juniors or seniors.  Nutt did nothing at all to improve any of those players.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

JoeBobHog

Quote from: PintailKiller on October 08, 2005, 11:55:21 am
Quote from: Fletch on October 08, 2005, 10:58:54 am
Have you missed the production of Jones,Carroll,Hamlin,Kennedy,Bua,Miller,Andrews,Cobbs,Burlsworth etc.? It seems to me there have been plenty of high quality athletes produced by this program in the last 8 years.

Too bad that all those players were just as good as freshmen as they were as juniors or seniors. Nutt did nothing at all to improve any of those players.

to a point I agree with you, and that baffles me the most about this staff--some of the best talent we get we don't make better.

but you're wrong about Bua, Miller, and Burlsworth--other wise they'd have been more highly recruited.  You can also add George Wilson, Tom Crowder, Eddie Jackson, Steven Harris, and Bo Lacy to that list.

JoeBobHog

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 08, 2005, 11:31:03 am
Just a thought. Maybe he's been told that Nutt will not be directing the offense.

my point exactly.

clemensrules01

he wants to go because he will have two of the best running backs in the country playing with him.  he will also have probably the best fullback in the nation, along with marcus monk, some speed receivers, and his best friend andrew norman. and if gus gets on the coaching staff, that is just another reason for him to come.

Fletch

Quote from: hogapalooza on October 08, 2005, 11:05:13 am
Plenty..... yeah so many the we have a Winning record in the SEC, have been ranked in the Top 25 every year, and Have Won the SEC Championship, and played in 2 BCS bowls in the last 8 years under HDN! 

OH that's right,  NOT!!!!

FIRE HDN!!!
Because the only result your feeble closed mind will accept was not accomplished shouldn't detract from the success many of our players have achieved for themselves. I thought that was the point at least, quality players that pro scouts look at. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe it was a post begging for your tiresome input.
I feel like $100

Torqued pork

I think if Malzahn is our OC next year, it will be in job title only. Nutt will still be calling the shots imo. As for Mustain, I doubt Nutt and his staff will recruit enough talent to put around him to reach his full potential as a Hog.
I would not be surprised to see D. Williams have a better career at Florida than Mitch will have at the UofA.

Fletch

I would not be surprised to see Herring have a much improved defense and the Razorbacks win 8 games next year. If MM does flop at the UA I am sure it will be because Nutt didn't develop him properly. It doesn't matter to me who calls the plays as long as we start winning.
I feel like $100

WilsonHog

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on October 08, 2005, 12:27:35 pm
I think if Malzahn is our OC next year, it will be in job title only. Nutt will still be calling the shots imo.

What if such restrictions aren't a part of the conditions under which Nutt may remain employed?

JoeBobHog

I think if Malzahn is our OC next year, it will be in job title only. Nutt will still be calling the shots imo. As for Mustain, I doubt Nutt and his staff will recruit enough talent to put around him to reach his full potential as a Hog.
I would not be surprised to see D. Williams have a better career at Florida than Mitch will have at the UofA.

why would Malzahn accept that?

WilsonHog

Quote from: JoeBobHog on October 08, 2005, 12:43:56 pm

why would Malzahn accept that?

That's what some of us are slow to figure out.  Malzahn is not without some pretty significant chips in this game. He ain't exactly coming to the table with his hat in his hand.

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: Fletch on October 08, 2005, 12:30:29 pm
I would not be surprised to see Herring have a much improved defense and the Razorbacks win 8 games next year. If MM does flop at the UA I am sure it will be because Nutt didn't develop him properly. It doesn't matter to me who calls the plays as long as we start winning.

That will only happen if MM steps up and learns to call his own plays. Mitch wont make the Draw any better of a play.
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

JoeBobHog

Quote from: hogapalooza on October 08, 2005, 01:03:18 pm
AHHH poor little baby got his feelings hurt. Well go and run to the HEAD OF FEEBLE MINDS, the Coach of the HOGS!!  Heck he has proved it for the last 2 years.  You are so silly, YES LETS BE AVERAGE AND LOVE IT!! May I suggest you take you oh so average accomplishments and shove them up your HDN kissing texASS!!!  There feel better? Or does your incompetent, rose colored glass wearing, can't see the truth, Nutt sucking, wannabe a big boy, need his HDN Cool-aid filled bottle!! I say keep sucking NUTT and his personal Cool-aid filled bottle...

FIRE HDN!!!!

real nice, and you completely missed his point.

oldbalddude

October 08, 2005, 02:06:28 pm #17 Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 02:09:56 pm by oldbalddude
the success many of our players have achieved for themselves

Thanks Fletch, you have unwittingly stated my point exactly. Nutt and staff have done NOTHING to enhance the caliber of the people you have mentioned