Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Nutt Observations

Started by BuschHawg, October 08, 2005, 12:36:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BuschHawg

Houston Nutt's loyalty became highly questionable when he transferred from the University of Arkansas to play at Oklahoma State University.

Houston Nutt has no previous head coaching experience at a major university or major conference prior to Arkansas.

Most of Houston Nutt's assistant coaches have no previous experience at a major university or major conference prior to Arkansas.

Houston Nutt has been in full charge of the program for eight years. Every athlete on the team was recruited by Houston Nutt and/or his staff. Every assistant coach was chosen and hired by Houston Nutt. Houston Nutt has full accountability for the current status of the program.

Houston Nutt's best seasons were his first two while using Danny Ford recruits. He obviously has no perception of looking beyond one year when recruiting.

Houston Nutt failed miserably in 2003 when the team was loaded with talent.

Houston Nutt cannot develop players. He cannot take raw talent and coach them to the next level.

Houston Nutt has no concept of special teams play.

Houston Nutt's record would have been even more dismal had it not been for players such as Clint Stoerner and Matt Jones' natural play making ability, which cannot be attributed to Nutt's coaching. Houston Nutt has never successfully recruited and developed a pure passing quarterback. Arkansas has one of the worst passing offenses in the nation.

Houston Nutt is guilty of failing to successfully recruit a higher percentage of top tier Arkansas high school athletes, and allowing countless quality players to enroll at other major schools.

Houston Nutt has repeatedly campaigned to lower expectations of the fans.

Houston Nutt caused irreparable damage to the program, and lost credibility and fan support when he entertained offers from LSU and Nebraska.

Houston Nutt is guilty of failing to accept blame or responsibility after a loss or a losing season. He continually fails to answer questions from his critics.

Houston Nutt is guilty of failing to hire an Offensive Coordinator even after it was obvious he is an inept play caller. His inflexibility undermines the program.

Houston Nutt is guilty of a utilizing an ultra conservative and predictable playbook and frequent inept play calling. Opposing defenses find the Arkansas offense easy to defend. There is no killer instinct. Remember the comment from Alabama – "after the first five plays we'll know what they'll do rest of the game". Houston Nutt plays "Not to Lose" as opposed to "Playing to Win". Eg a 5 yard out route when its 3rd and 15, and successive draw plays. He does the same thing over and over and expects different results.

Houston Nutt is guilty of poor use of time outs and play clock awareness. He is horrendous at making halftime adjustments.

Houston Nutt allowed the team to lose to the cellar dweller Vanderbilt – At home.

Houston Nutt is responsible for the embarrassing nationally televised 70-17 loss to Southern California.

Houston Nutt is the ONLY SEC coach to lose to both, Vanderbilt and Kentucky.

Houston Nutt has never won an overall SEC championship.

Arkansas has not been consistently ranked in the top 20 during Houston Nutt's tenure.

Arkansas is on the waiting list for ESPN's Bottom 10.

Arkansas is likely to finish with 1 to 3 wins this season.

BuschHawg

hog tied

Solid points!!!

Now, I want a Nutt Supporter on this message board to calmly and rationally defend their postion against all the points you have made.

C'mon Nutt fans, step to the plate ..... 

PintailKiller

Definition of insane - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  Sounds like Nutts offense to me.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

mopork

I like Nutt personally, and I like the enthusiasm he has.  However, I'm sick of a lot of things, as other people are:

People are just sick and tired of hearing about how we should settle for this.  That this is the best we can do.  People are sick of excuses.  People are sick of lies.  People are sick of blocking in the back penalties.  People are sick of a secondary that gets burned more than toast, yet celebrates like idiots when they occasionally luck their way into a tackle.  People are sick of 5 yard outs, handoffs up the middle, and draws on 3rd and 8.  People are sick of at least one inexplicable loss each year.  People are sick of hearing about next year.  People are sick of having to blitz to get "light" pressure on the quarterback.  People are sick of burning two timeouts in a row and getting a delay of game penalty or a handoff after the timeout. 

That sums up what I hear people in "the 5%" say.

idochog

You should FAX, MAIL, EMAIL that to the following people:

Jim lindsey
JFB
John White
BO, schmo
Wally
Clay H
Otis K

Not that any would care, especially Jim Lindsey.
I love Jesus!

hogken

who should we get next? so we can question every decision he ever makes. Its not like NUtt is intentionally making decisions to create all this unrest!
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

secthumper

Great post Buschhawg!!   FIRE NUTTZ!!!!!!!!!!    GO HOGS!!!!
"It is only through adversity that we can test the strength of our soul."<br /><br />"What we've got here is failure to communicate." Strother Martin  Cool Hand Luke<br /><br />Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic of men.  General George S. Patton, Jr.<br /><br />'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."  Tuco  The Good the Bad and the Ugly<br /><br />"There ain't much of a future in dyin' boy!!"  Outlaw Josey Wales  3rd Place 2005-2006  Hogville Basketball Pickem Champion

pigfoot

Quote from: hogken on October 08, 2005, 08:35:59 am
who should we get next? so we can question every decision he ever makes. Its not like NUtt is intentionally making decisions to create all this unrest!

If he's not doing it intentionally (and I don't believe he is), then these things happen because he is totally inept (which I do believe he is).
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

kremlinhog

not many nutt supporters here, one posted yesterday that he was well respected nationally, i asked what this got us, more wins, more points, better officiating and why they care if some forrest gump in alabama respects nutt. in other words so what.  i asked the question three times and no answer.

any hugger want to try to answer this after this fourth request.

oldbalddude

If we're going to send Nutt packing, let's send his buddy Broyles with him......

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: kremlinhog on October 08, 2005, 09:31:36 am
not many nutt supporters here, one posted yesterday that he was well respected nationally, i asked what this got us, more wins, more points, better officiating and why they care if some forrest gump in alabama respects nutt. in other words so what. i asked the question three times and no answer.

any hugger want to try to answer this after this fourth request.

You won't get a "real" answer because there is none.  That is just a "feel good" statement that some make when they know that there is not a lot of "real' good things to say now that the "most wins in the SECW since 1998", "longest bowl streak in the SECW", and "undefeated in LR" statements no longer apply.  This is the fall back "statement" that has been circulated by the administration to be used when asked a direct statement that requires an answer about HDN's coaching abilities.  In this instance when asked a direct question, those asked the question (administration staff, RF board members, certain media, etc.) can no longer fall back on the tried and true "if you don't have anything good to say about someone, then just don't say anything" and are backed into a corner that requires a response. 

This statement is what you will continue to get over the next couple of months until at least this season plays out and it may continue yet another year if HDN remains the HC for next year.  I heard Harold Horton give this response yesterday when asked a direct question on the radio (103.7 The Buzz) by Nathan Christian as to if he thought HDN was the right man for the job.  I have tremendous respect for Coach Horton and know that when he has to fall back on this type of response (as a RF board member) the future is indeed not set into stone and we (and everyone else) just have to sit back and see how things play out at the end of this year.  All of the support by JFB at this time is just a calculated hedge bet on his part and is really the smart thing to do to buy time and see how things go the rest of the season.

JoeBobHog

Quote from: oldbalddude on October 08, 2005, 09:51:26 am
If we're going to send Nutt packing, let's send his buddy Broyles with him......

go ahead and get started with that.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

PerryHog

Good post.
May I add that nuttsy hasn't won an sec west crown, on the field, either. We backed into that one because bama was on probation.
Also, just how many sec games would we have won if not for Matt? 1-2 per year at most over the last 4 years.
The hope for a miracle offense won't work anymore.
The miracle is gone.

BuschHawg

Hogken,

There is quite a selection of proven head coaches that can be considered. Some of the even have prior experience at major universties and actually know what they are doing. For your information, my choice would be Butch Davis. But there are several I would be pleased with. Houston Nutt is a failure and must be replaced before he causes more destruction than he already has. I'll also be happy to give the next coach 8 years as we have Houston Nutt.

Houston Nutt IS making these decisions intentionally! He is doing so by default. His inept capabilities allow him to make poor decisions which are intentional actions on Nutts part.

Why don't you post a rebuttal that has some length and substance? Let's debate the points one by one. Make a legitimate case that I can agree with and I'll retract any of my errors.

BuschHawg