Started by OkieHog, October 07, 2005, 07:28:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OkieHog

I heard this at work today but dont believe it. :razorback:
FIRE STOOPS!!!!HIRE NUTT!!!!

hognelson

Quote from: OkieHog on October 07, 2005, 07:28:06 pm
I am pretty sure your joking, but I'll bite.  Hogs 26 1/2 point favs.

MCPeePants

Quote from: hognelson on October 07, 2005, 07:44:56 pm
I am pretty sure your joking, but I'll bite. Hogs 26 1/2 point favs.

They won't cover that. They'll win 31-13 or 34-13 or something like that. ULM will keep it fairly close during the 1st half. 

hognelson

Quote from: MCPeePants on October 07, 2005, 07:50:40 pm
Quote from: hognelson on October 07, 2005, 07:44:56 pm
I am pretty sure your joking, but I'll bite. Hogs 26 1/2 point favs.

They won't cover that. They'll win 31-13 or 34-13 or something like that. ULM will keep it fairly close during the 1st half.
Yeah, you're probably right.  But it is what it is.  I am gonna stick to 37-17 Piggies.

TulsaHogFan

hognelson

OkieHog

You think the Hogs got a chance against Auburn and Georgia and LSU

hognelson

Quote from: OkieHog on October 07, 2005, 08:01:22 pm

No not really, but I do against ULM and the Mississippi sisters.

OkieHog

I think we might even see some action from Mortensen and Barthel.The deep pass might even be attempted.

hognelson

Quote from: OkieHog on October 07, 2005, 08:07:23 pm
I think we might even see some action from Mortensen and Barthel.The deep pass might even be attempted.

Now I like the sound of that, getting Mortensen and Barthel some reps with the dive right play.
Deep pass, hmmmm don't know about that.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: OkieHog on October 07, 2005, 08:07:23 pm

You mean by ULM right?  Cause we dont have that play availaible to Arkansas QB's.  Anything over 15 yards is considered a Hail Mary by the coaching staff and is inexcusable. 

Hell with 30 seconds left on our own 20 and on 3rd and long, what will we call?  Draw up the middle.  Oh and forget about Timeouts, we will have burned those in the 3rd quarter.

Hog6

Quote from: hognelson on October 07, 2005, 08:02:14 pm
Quote from: OkieHog on October 07, 2005, 08:01:22 pm

No not really, but I do against ULM and the Mississippi sisters.

In for a penny, in for a pound I say.  Yes, we have a chance and it could be a darn good chance against those SEC bubbas.  If we figure out how to continue with the improvement at defense that we saw at Alabama...(yes that one totally blown play on the goal line hurt) and we figure out how to make some passes down field.... then, we might be looking to kick a couple of teams' asses who think we don't have a chance.

Boarcephus

This ought to be a game to work on things that need working on, like the passing game,  but you know Nutt will go conservative and jam the ball down LaMo's throat with the run.   Should win this one going away in the 4th when we "overpower" an underdog with our superior talent.   Auburn looms on the horizon, stuffs the run, we can't pass, Nutt blames the loss on an inexperienced qb, and we go merrily on our way towards a second sub-500 season. 

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Bomis Hawg

October 07, 2005, 08:39:35 pm #13 Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:00:18 pm by Bomis Hawg
The line has jumped from 24.  Guess people are putting money down on Arkansas.  I fully expect an air tight first half, one that people will be pulling their hair and already using four-letter words for Nutt.

With that said, Arkansas should win, but I doubt a cover.  Something like a 35-20 type game.  If Arkansas does what it did earlier in the season, turnovers in bunches, very conservative play, or bonehead play calling, the Indians could keep it within reach until late.

The Sun Belt leaders aren't a bad team, but not a good team.  At this point of the season and opponent, it might not be the time and place to decided you want to work on things -- unless you're up big.  Unfortunatley for them, they average less than 4 a game on the ground, while giving up nearly 5.  Arkansas might rush it 50 times on Saturday.  But, Arkansas might give up 250-275 through the air unless they get pressure.  I think Jyles is #15 in the nation in rushing yards by a QB.  Ironically, Jay Cutler is #14.

The fans will want Arkansas to go deep, or extend the field.  I doubt it will happen tomorrow.  Arkansas will probably top their 46 carries/game. 

Another little stat note:  Arkansas has a nearly 2:1 ratio in first downs Rushing to Passing.  Opponents have a 1.7:1 ratio in first downs passing to rushing.  ULM is nearly even (47 passing first downs; 40 first downs). Same for their defense (55 passing and 53 rushing).  Looks like Arkansas won't be extending the field much.  The fact that ULM is #1 in the nation in picking off passes might be part of that also.  Former RB Kevin Payne (Junction City, AR) is leading the team in tackles with 42 (8.4/game), also an INT, FF, and RF.  (where is the outcry about this guy) ;D

JoeBobHog

Arkansas plays their best game of the season.

Offense looks extremely sharp--Johnson reminds of Joe Montana, completing passes to 7 different receivers.

Defense holds ULM to under 300 total yards, and 13 points.

Balsairo kicks a 48 yard field goal that would have been good from 55.

Next week, Auburn stomps a mudhole through us.
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

jblack19

Im not a gambler because I have better places to spend my money but can someone explain these odds?

UL Monroe 54o -110
Arkansas  -26.5 -110

Thanks.

filthyswine

Quote from: JoeBobHog on October 07, 2005, 09:20:47 pm
Arkansas plays their best game of the season.

Offense looks extremely sharp--Johnson reminds of Joe Montana, completing passes to 7 different receivers.

Defense holds ULM to under 300 total yards, and 13 points.

Balsairo kicks a 48 yard field goal that would have been good from 55.

Next week, Auburn stomps a mudhole through us.

Frank, I can't believe you'd talk about your program like that.