Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

COLLEGE GAMEDAY

Started by hogfan13, October 07, 2005, 04:35:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

Is there an earthly chance that ESPN college game day will be @ a hog game this year or next

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: hogfan13 on October 07, 2005, 04:35:08 pm
Is there an earthly chance that ESPN college game day will be @ a hog game this year or next

I would think next year would be a strong possibility, but this year I just don't see them coming. If we start out well next year I could maybe see them coming for UA vs USC.

whatsshakinbacon

Bwhaaahaaahaaahaaahaaaa

Bwhaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaaaa

LMAO

Bacon out...

three

Every time we get close to hosting Gameday, we botch it up somehow.  The rematch against Tennessee in 99 had all the makings for a great Gameday game, until we lost to Kentucky!  We probably should have gotten the Texas game here last season, but in the end, ESPN decided it wouldn't be a good game, that we didn't have a chance......wish we had pulled it out and made the Network eat it.  The only way I see us getting one next year is if we really struggle this year, I mean 3 or 4 wins, and are undefeated next season when Tennessee plays here, or, if the LSU game remains scheduled for the Saturday after Thanksgiving rather than Friday, we could get it for that one.  USC is only the second game of the year, no way will we even be considered for that one, it may not be on anything other than regional TV, kind of like this year.  I think Tennessee and LSU are the best bets for next season, but we have to be in the top 15 and/or undefeated, and that's asking a whole lot.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

PAHog

Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

whatsshakinbacon

LSU v Arkansas is somehow permanently set for Fridays - I don't like it but that's the way it is.

Bacon out...

three

True, it's always been on Fridays.  But, the last two years it's been 43-14 and 55-24.  If it's like that this year, which it should be, then CBS may not want it on Friday next year.  It hasn't been a game since the Miracle on Markham.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

BUTU

If we win the rest of our games this year yes

Turnberry

You're joking right?   Seriously.   There's a 0% chance.
aka PlanoHog