Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIG NEWS! Heath gets WEEMS!

Started by batmanfan, October 07, 2005, 10:12:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

This was to big to just go into the recuiting forum, as Heath pulled off the unthinkable landing Weems.  This looked like it wasn't going to happen close to a month ago but today Weems chose the Hogs.

I know a couple of guys that we recuited were worried about Heaths job security, so I'll be cheerin like hell for this guy to start winning this year, and the recuiting will just continue to get better and better.

Midnight Madnes is in a week and I can't wait!  And the only reason I'm even going to the AU game next week is to see the team practice.......GO HOGS

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

LA HAWG

Maybe I am out of the loop but could you give me some information on this kid?  Thanks.  ;D

LA HAWG

PigMan

dotnet

Weems is now ranked the #1 juco player in the country by rivals.

Inigo Montoya

Real cool.  Can he play football also?   ;D

hawgfan_18

wonder if Heath is interested in covering recruiting for football too?

Ben Steiger

Hey, Scout's yanked him off the commit list... Sorry to crash the party, but's it true. :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Kevin n Hog Heaven

This is great news! Im really rooting for Coach Heath this year. Things might be coming together this year for hog b-ball.

Patch

Quote from: Ben Steiger on October 07, 2005, 11:14:56 am
Hey, Scout's yanked him off the commit list... Sorry to crash the party, but's it true. :P

He has a 1:30 press conference I believe. Maybe they have been instructed not to officially add him until he announces at the presser.

Ben Steiger

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

94 Hawg

being a JUCO transfer, is he immediately eligible, or @ the semester break, or next season?   anyone know for sure?
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Cajun Hog

Quote from: HoopHog on October 07, 2005, 10:32:42 am
Sonny Weems - (6-6/200) Arkansas - Ft. Smith:  A shooting guard/small forward that averaged 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 17 points a game as a freshman for UA - Ft. Smith.  Originally from West Memphis, Weems is ranked the #3 overall JUCO player in the country and a 4 star recruit on Rivals and Scout. He received offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Memphis, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M & Tennessee.  Plus, as a JUCO player, Weems brings college playing experience to the Razorbacks.

The key to me is college experience to the hoop hogs. good info thanks. Go  :razorback: go

Sound the Horns

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 07, 2005, 12:46:17 pm
Quote from: Patch on October 07, 2005, 11:16:45 am
Quote from: Ben Steiger on October 07, 2005, 11:14:56 am

He has a 1:30 press conference I believe. Maybe they have been instructed not to officially add him until he announces at the presser.

Yes, there is a 1:30 press conference at UAFS.

And for those asking, Weems will play this season at UAFS and next season at whichever school he selects. UAFS is the preseason No. 1 in their JUCO division. Weems is the No. 3-ranked player in the nation according to a Web site that tracks JUCO hoops.
Nice, atleast Heath's stepping it up. Looking forward to basketball season this year.

mbgrulz

THATS GREAT THAT WE GOT WEEMS. NOW IF WE CAN ONLY LAND TY. ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON HIM? THERE IS ALSO THE 6-6 GUY FROM HARGARVE THAT PLAYS WITH WELSH. I THINK WERE ON HIS LIST AS WELL. THAT COULD BE A TOP 3 CLASS IF ALL THINGS GO WELL. IN MY OPINION; ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE HEATH RECRUITS HIS WAY TO A TITLE.

JDHogg

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on October 07, 2005, 11:01:24 am
Real cool. Can he play football also? ;D

6-6, 200, sounds like a good wide receiver too, man.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Swino

silvertip

Weems is a great "wing-man" which is exactly what Heath's staff has been targetting---a 2 or 3 that can shoot outside as well as slash to the basket. He's also a tough defender. A "combo guard"? Whatever. A great recruit!!! WPS!!!

Jim Harris

Quote from: batmanfan on October 07, 2005, 10:12:27 am
This was to big to just go into the recuiting forum, as Heath pulled off the unthinkable landing Weems. This looked like it wasn't going to happen close to a month ago but today Weems chose the Hogs.

I know a couple of guys that we recuited were worried about Heaths job security, so I'll be cheerin like hell for this guy to start winning this year, and the recuiting will just continue to get better and better.

Midnight Madnes is in a week and I can't wait! And the only reason I'm even going to the AU game next week is to see the team practice.......GO HOGS

BAT

So, Bat, does this mean   you'll finally lay off Heath and give him a chance? ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

sage_dragoon

XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Shizzle

Awesome I was hoping Heath would recruit good this year. You talk about being left with a bare cupboard. A school coming off the death penalty would have been in as good of shape Nolan left Arkansas.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Eric Sullivan

This was to big to just go into the recuiting forum, as Heath pulled off the unthinkable landing Weems. This looked like it wasn't going to happen close to a month ago but today Weems chose the Hogs.

Midnight Madnes is in a week and I can't wait! And the only reason I'm even going to the AU game next week is to see the team practice.......GO HOGS

BAT
talked to Sonny Weems just a few hours ago.. I like this kid and his game.. He's a very versitile guard slash small forward combo.. He's one hell of a defender, Jermey Cox (UAFS Head Coach) says he is SEC ready right now defensively, just needs to be more consistent from the 3, he's a streaker shooter.. Stand up kid though, he was beaming from ear to ear when he slipped that HOG hat on today..

ESully

Yardhog1

Heath may be a questionable game coach but he is undeniably a great recruiter. As a long time hog B-ball fan who has been frustrated for years I hope he gets us back where we belong from here on out.  :)

MCPeePants

I've seen Weems play some and this is good news for the program. But Dudley and Chuck are getting a little bit ahead of themselves when they start discussing whether he's going to be here for both years or whether he's a here 1 year and then the NBA guy, as they did today. Firsts things first - I just want him to be better than Dontell Freakin' Jefferson!!   

MCPeePants

Quote from: Eric Sullivan on October 07, 2005, 05:40:36 pm

BAT
talked to Sonny Weems just a few hours ago.. I like this kid and his game.. He's a very versitile guard slash small forward combo.. He's one hell of a defender, Jermey Cox (UAFS Head Coach) says he is SEC ready right now defensively, just needs to be more consistent from the 3, he's a streaker shooter.. Stand up kid though, he was beaming from ear to ear when he slipped that HOG hat on today..

ESully

In a lot of respects, he reminds me of Old Lou Farmer Timmy, except that, from what I've seen anyway, he seems to have a better mid-range game. I think he'll prove to be a better player for us than Famutimi though (he better be, anyway)...

Gman

Does anyone know when he will be eligible?

Bomis Hawg

Awesome.  This class is shaping up to be a solid foundation.  Either for Heath, or as some would want, whoever comes up.

I like the group they have in, to mix with the current youngsters.  Modica needs to be a leader.

Good to get Weems.  He and Washington add some homestate flavor! And, Stephan Welsh is one of my favorites through out the recruiting process.

Feralhog

Quote from: drakehog on October 07, 2005, 02:45:12 pm

BAT

So, Bat, does this mean   you'll finally lay off Heath and give him a chance? ;D

I was about to predict that Bat will bail on Heath quicker than Nutt running a 3rd down draw!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Feralhog on October 07, 2005, 09:52:12 pm
Quote from: drakehog on October 07, 2005, 02:45:12 pm

BAT

So, Bat, does this mean you'll finally lay off Heath and give him a chance? ;D

I was about to predict that Bat will bail on Heath quicker than Nutt running a 3rd down draw!

Have scientists finally been able to measure a time period that small?

Arazorbacknut

And for those asking, Weems will play this season at UAFS and next season at whichever school he selects. UAFS is the preseason No. 1 in their JUCO division. Weems is the No. 3-ranked player in the nation according to a Web site that tracks JUCO hoops.

Here's the answer to when he will be eligible.......post #15