Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo Asks the Question! Do You Still Think Arkansas is Going to a Bowl Game?

Started by Big_D, October 07, 2005, 07:24:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeirwin

It looks like they're going to win 4 or 5 games. To get to 6 they'll either have to beat Auburn or pull off an upset of Georgia or LSU while beating Ole Miss on the road (not easy) and avoiding another embarrassing loss at home (Mississippi St ?). Getting 6 wins should not be that hard but this year it seems unrealistic. If they win 5 that Vanderbilt loss is going to be the reason why they didn't go back to a bowl. However many fans don't get too excited by the kind of bowl game you get for winning 6 games so I'm not sure all this bowl talk matters anyway, not unless we're talking about a REAL bowl.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 07, 2005, 01:06:19 pm
It looks like they're going to win 4 or 5 games. To get to 6 they'll either have to beat Auburn or pull off an upset of Georgia or LSU while beating Ole Miss on the road (not easy) and avoiding another embarrassing loss at home (Mississippi St ?). Getting 6 wins should not be that hard but this year it seems unrealistic. If they win 5 that Vanderbilt loss is going to be the reason why they didn't go back to a bowl. However many fans don't get too excited by the kind of bowl game you get for winning 6 games so I'm not sure all this bowl talk matters anyway, not unless we're talking about a REAL bowl.

We haven't been to a real bowl since OU beat us in the Cotton bowl.  That's been a while, it will be a lot longer with this coach.  I think we might win 4 I don't see the five.

JDHogg

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 09:25:54 am
Quote from: pseudorabies on October 07, 2005, 09:15:25 am
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 07:45:39 am
There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to leave Europe, stand up against their old government and establish a new country. It certainly wasn't people like you who led and settled this great country. It wasn't "realistic!"

There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to fly through the air faster than the speed of sound, walk on the moon, or do a multitude of things we take for granted in our daily lives.

You and your "realism" don't create anything but a pile of dung.

If our world depended on people like you, and your "realism" we would still be back in the Stone Age!

Major flaws in your argument...First you compair people leaving europe to settle a new country to fans buying into the notion that we can still go to a bowl. Those people had options to make things better. Arkansas fans have no option or voice in making things better and don't say support for our team. Supporting our team will not get those kids to line up correctly, take good angles on people, change Nutts playcalling, or get Nutt to play the best players he has.

And the biggest flaw in your argument is that out of all the examples you listed above.....NONE, NOT ONE OF THOSE THINGS LISTED LOST TO VANDY AT HOME LIKE WE DID!

The point is about believing that things which may seem impossible, are possible; otherwise, you give up, which obviously some of you have done.

What was it Jimmy V said about not giving up? It's sad that a dying man provides much more inspiration and hope than you naysayers and quitters who are still among us.

How are you related to Nutt?  in-law?  I was staying out of it until you condemned naysayers and call us quitters if we don't believe Nutt can effectively coach the Hogs.  It is MY right to have my opinion and your right to have yours.  Jimmy V was talking about life and the battle with cancer.  He is an inspiration I agree. 
It is possible to win out yes.  But the real word is 'probable'.  It is not 'probable' that we will win out.  It is also not 'probable' that we will go to any bowl game.   
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 07:52:02 am
Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 07:34:19 am
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 07:27:38 am
Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 07:24:46 am
Is Bo Mattingly going Nutts or what.

Can he even be serious asking a stupid question like that.

Post your thoughts on this lunatic question.

I say we don't have a chance in hell l!!!!!!!, and that is the end of that.

I say you have already given up!

Are you a "quitter" in all aspects of your life?

No, not a quitter at all, in fact a very successful business owner, but also not a pie in the sky, "we're just about there , we are getting ready to turn it around" , drink the koolaid guy either.

A realist is what I am , what are you smoking to think what you see presented to us on that field is going to a bowl game.

Present your argument for us going to a bowl game, other than "I Believe, I am a Razorback to the end , I just think we are going to turn it around". All that and 5 cent will get you a cup of coffee.

Your 5 cent cup of coffee comment shows how out of touch with reality you are.

You say we don't have a chance in hell of making a bowl game? That is ludicrous. You simply don't know that for sure yet. Your comment and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee in some places too.

You think Robert Johnson has reached his potential after 4 games? I say there is a good chance he will continue to improve throughout the year, as will a lot of our other guys.

IMO, the Auburn game will tell the tale as to our chances of qualifying for a bowl game. To say we don't have a "chance in hell" is ludicrous and uninformed.

Sure hope our players have quit like you have.

I hope they have.  I'd hate to see them waste their energy and effort playing for a sub-par coach who has quit on them.  Save it for a coach that knows what he's doing.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

JDHogg

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 07, 2005, 01:06:19 pm

Thank you Irwin.  You are truly OBJECTIVE.  Your ability to separate feelings as a fan and fact as objective reporter have switched me to 5 news.  I have listened to you on 1190 for a long time..........I'm #18 from your old show.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 08:05:37 am
Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 07:59:31 am
Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 07:54:54 am
Quote from: Big_D on October 07, 2005, 07:49:05 am
Quote from: Sound the Horns on October 07, 2005, 07:32:01 am

No, he is just realistic in all aspects of life. Get a clue, we don't deserve a bowl game regardless of what we do from this point on.

There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to leave Europe, stand up against their old government and establish a new country. It certainly wasn't people like you who led and settled this great country. It wasn't "realistic!"

There were people who thought it wasn't "realistic" for people to fly through the air faster than the speed of sound, walk on the moon, or do a multitude of things we take for granted in our daily lives.

If our world depended on people like you, and your "realism" we would still be back in the Stone Age!

You bring out my point, All those things you mentioned were possible, Arkansas goint to a bowl is NOT!!!!!

And you sir know not whereof you speak.

There are people on here whose opinions are respected who have presented the case that Arkansas could wind up with 6 or 7 wins.

Maybe it won't happen, but to say it's not possible is preposterous, and quite frankly, sickening!

7 Wins, now you really are losing it.

Find the person who says we will end up with 7 wins and let us drum them out of Hogville. You must not have had your cup of coffee this morning.

Name us your next six wins for the year.

I am not saying that we WILL win 5 or 6 more games.  I am saying it is POSSIBLE.

The game that will tell the tale is Auburn, assuming we beat ULM.  We have a chance against Auburn.  To say we don't is simply uninformed.  After that, we are capable of beating SC, and both Mississippi schools.  It is unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility that we could pull off an upset at AThens or Baton Rouge.  Stranger things have happened.

Bet you didn't think we had a chance against OU in the 78 Orange Bowl did you? Or in Austin in 03?

You're right, it is possible.  However, I think the Chicago Bears have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl this year and going on to become the next great NFL dynasty team.  It's also possible that we could lose to ULM on Saturday.  In fact, I think there's a greater chance of that happening than us going to a bowl game.  I don't think it's very likely, but, as you said, stranger things have happened.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: TulsaHawg on October 07, 2005, 09:22:13 am
Quote from: Creole Hog on October 07, 2005, 09:07:35 am

No, he is just realistic in all aspects of life. Get a clue, we don't deserve a bowl game regardless of what we do from this point on.

How can they not deserve a bowl IF they turn this season around? The key is IF :razorback:

That type of hyperbole is a common malady of the Nutt-busters. Possessing such cynicism and negativity must be a miserable way to live; having no hope.

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"

or you hear them saying, "I think I can't! I think I can't!"

There is a saying, "If you believe you can, or if you believe you can't, either way you are right."

I'll tell you what's miserable--living with HDN as the head coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks.

HawgWyld

Here's all we need to know when it comes to speculating about bowl games. Remember when the Hogs won the SEC West? Where did they wind up? That's right -- the pitiful Music City Bowl because the team's post-season performance is downright woeful these days. Oh, and then the Hogs went out and promptly lost the Music City Bowl, so that didn't help things, in terms of image.

That being the case, even if the Hogs manage to cobble together another four or five wins, what bowl would want them? The team's not been held in high regard nationally (Las Vegas Bowl, Music City Bowl), and this season hasn't helped things one bit.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Bet you didn't think we had a chance against OU in the 78 Orange Bowl did you? Or in Austin in 03?

Boy you should be slapped for comparing the 2003 team to the 78 team.  I made money on that win,  we had a real coach then.

Sound the Horns

I agree, a very limited amount of  posters on this board think they can shed some positive light on our program because we "might be able to get lucky" and get to Nashville or Shreveport. Their arguments are a cry of how desperate they are to make a positive point. Even if we some how strike a miracle and get to a bowl, we will get smoked as we've done in the past.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 07, 2005, 11:05:33 am
Not this year - But next year, Houston will lead us back to a bowl game!!

Assuming Houston is still the coach next year, I think he very well might "lead" us back to a bowl game.  But it won't be a BCS bowl or a New Year's Day bowl, and when we get there, we'll get blown out.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 11:15:21 am
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 08:07:19 am

You bring out my point, All those things you mentioned were possible, Arkansas goint to a bowl is NOT!!!!!

There are people on here whose opinions are respected who have presented the case that Arkansas could wind up with 6 or 7 wins.

Maybe it won't happen, but to say it's not possible is preposterous, and quite frankly, sickening!

Find the person who says we will end up with 7 wins and let us drum them out of Hogville. You must not have had your cup of coffee this morning.

I am not saying that we WILL win 5 or 6 more games. I am saying it is POSSIBLE.

The game that will tell the tale is Auburn, assuming we beat ULM. We have a chance against Auburn. To say we don't is simply uninformed. After that, we are capable of beating SC, and both Mississippi schools. It is unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility that we could pull off an upset at AThens or Baton Rouge. Stranger things have happened.

I'll give you 10-1 odds that we don't go to a bowl game, either put up or shut up. I am really getting tired of your fantasy world.

Can I get in on that? my $10 to your $100. $20 to $200?

I want some  odf this action at 10 to 1 odds.   ;D  :)  :)

HogsRule

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 12:46:03 pm

The game that will tell the tale is Auburn, assuming we beat ULM. We have a chance against Auburn. To say we don't is simply uninformed. After that, we are capable of beating SC, and both Mississippi schools. It is unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility that we could pull off an upset at AThens or Baton Rouge. Stranger things have happened.

I'll give you 10-1 odds that we don't go to a bowl game, either put up or shut up. I am really getting tired of your fantasy world.

Yeah how much you want of it?

I'll put my $20 to your $200
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 02:27:31 pm

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=29439.msg299253#msg299253

GorillaJMonsoon

I know how Tulsa feels, because I felt before the season started that people were being too negative and critical of Nutt as a coach.  But after the Vandy game, I had to step back and ask myself what was going on.  Is Nutt playing to win, or not to lose?  If this is one of the "down seasons" that Nutt got a pass for, then why not play balls-out instead of retreating into a shell of conservative play-calling that never serves us well.  Against Florida the past 2 years, we start conservative, get spanked in the first half, then open it up in the second half, playing like we have nothing to lose, and almost pull those games out.  Why not start out that way instead of waiting til its too late to come back?  It was really the Vandy game that did it for me this year.  Our freshmen stud RB's are nowhere to be seen.  We ditch a running game that Vandy cannot stop and end up with only 11 yards total for the 4th quarter calling conservative, "play-not-to-lose" football that ends up losing it for us.  I still cannot believe that our entire running game did not gain more yards against Vandy than Wake Forrest's backup RB did. (UA-190 vs. WF backup RB-254) The reason?  We didn't use 2 our our weapons at all, and that, my friends is a coaching decision.  And its one that I cannot figure out and it has made me doubt that Nutt is up to calling all the plays.  Not to mention the creative goalline calls.  Have we ever faked the draw to Hillis and had Johnson and the HB go outside on the option?  Ever?  Have we even used RJ in the option at all?  How about the option pass?  If RJ doesn't ever get to pass, shouldn't he be allowed to do something other than just hand it off?  Let him run some and maybe that would give our offense some variety.  Hell, Im not a coach but we just seem so one dimensional and predictable.  I am not a negative person and I understand that this is just entertainment, a game, but I think there are legitimate questions that can be asked about the play calling and the overall ultra-conservative strategy.  As a coach, a 1-3 record opens you up to questions and criticism, its the nature of any job.  I just wish we could have some Mora-like honesty from those that are responsible for the direction of the team.  It might get more respect from fans than a statement like "if you give less than $5,000 a year, then your opinion doesn't mean squat"

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on October 07, 2005, 02:44:10 pm
I know how Tulsa feels, because I felt before the season started that people were being too negative and critical of Nutt as a coach. But after the Vandy game, I had to step back and ask myself what was going on. Is Nutt playing to win, or not to lose? If this is one of the "down seasons" that Nutt got a pass for, then why not play balls-out instead of retreating into a shell of conservative play-calling that never serves us well. Against Florida the past 2 years, we start conservative, get spanked in the first half, then open it up in the second half, playing like we have nothing to lose, and almost pull those games out. Why not start out that way instead of waiting til its too late to come back? It was really the Vandy game that did it for me this year. Our freshmen stud RB's are nowhere to be seen. We ditch a running game that Vandy cannot stop and end up with only 11 yards total for the 4th quarter calling conservative, "play-not-to-lose" football that ends up losing it for us. I still cannot believe that our entire running game did not gain more yards against Vandy than Wake Forrest's backup RB did. (UA-190 vs. WF backup RB-254) The reason? We didn't use 2 our our weapons at all, and that, my friends is a coaching decision. And its one that I cannot figure out and it has made me doubt that Nutt is up to calling all the plays. Not to mention the creative goalline calls. Have we ever faked the draw to Hillis and had Johnson and the HB go outside on the option? Ever? Have we even used RJ in the option at all? How about the option pass? If RJ doesn't ever get to pass, shouldn't he be allowed to do something other than just hand it off? Let him run some and maybe that would give our offense some variety. Hell, Im not a coach but we just seem so one dimensional and predictable. I am not a negative person and I understand that this is just entertainment, a game, but I think there are legitimate questions that can be asked about the play calling and the overall ultra-conservative strategy. As a coach, a 1-3 record opens you up to questions and criticism, its the nature of any job. I just wish we could have some Mora-like honesty from those that are responsible for the direction of the team. It might get more respect from fans than a statement like "if you give less than $5,000 a year, then your opinion doesn't mean squat"

You are so right Gorilla, thus the reason Nutt hates message boards. If not for this forum noone would ever know how the average fan feels.  We would be fed mostly BS like we were from the "closed practices" told what to think and how to think it.

HogsRule

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 02:30:22 pm

Well I posted at 11 am your post in I guess the wrong thread was at 1 pm. That's ok I'll let you out of it. Just admit that you're all talk.

No Hate Zone

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 03:02:03 pm
Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 02:30:22 pm

Well I posted at 11 am your post in I guess the wrong thread was at 1 pm. That's ok I'll let you out of it. Just admit that you're all talk.

Not all talk, but I doubt any of you Nutt apologist would pay up anyway.

Kevin

tulsahawg, you need to take off those fatty mcgee glass you could on. yeah anything is possible, but let us look realistically at probable
auburn
georgia
lsu
that would make 6 losses no bowl.

come on into the real world
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Kevin on October 07, 2005, 04:03:31 pm
tulsahawg, you need to take off those fatty mcgee glass you could on. yeah anything is possible, but let us look realistically at probable
auburn
georgia
lsu
that would make 6 losses no bowl.

come on into the real world

Those 3 are going to hand our a$$es to us.  Not going to be pretty. 

Jim Harris

Yes, we're going to win five of our last seven and go to the Houston Bowl or some darn and Nutt and Broyles and the apologists like Bo and going to proclaim it a wonderful accomplishment considering, and it's going to be mediocre business as usual. We'll lose the bowl game by two touchdowns in 30 degree weather.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

JDW

Thinking about, here's the way I see AR's schedule playing out.

Missouri St.  49  17
Vanderbilt  24  28   
Southern California  17  70   
Alabama  13  24   
La.-Monroe  42  10       No promblems
Auburn  28  17            We can stop their passing game. We need to worry about their run game. D will step up again.
Georgia  21  28            We will play them close. Possibly pulling out a win.
South Carolina  30  10   They can stop our run and have no offense.   
Mississippi  28  14          Close game but we will win.
Mississippi St.  30  21     We can beat MS in the Rock. 
LSU  17  35                  This is the team that I don't think we will match up against well.

4/4 in SEC play.

Bowl Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

if that happens give nutt a lifetime contract. no way that happens. and they don't believe it can happen on the hill either or they would let auburn ppv go ahead. jfb wants to limit the showing of the poor excuse for a team.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JDW on October 07, 2005, 04:11:34 pm

Missouri St. 49 17
Vanderbilt 24 28
Southern California 17 70
Alabama 13 24
La.-Monroe 42 10 No promblems
Auburn 28 17 We can stop their passing game. We need to worry about their run game. D will step up again.
Georgia 21 28 We will play them close. Possibly pulling out a win.
South Carolina 30 10 They can stop our run and have no offense.
Mississippi 28 14 Close game but we will win.
Mississippi St. 30 21 We can beat MS in the Rock.
LSU 17 35 This is the team that I don't think we will match up against well.

4/4 in SEC play.

Another guy wearing Fatty McGee's, we won't win more than two conference games. 

JDW

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 04:14:49 pm

Missouri St. 49 17
Vanderbilt 24 28
Alabama 13 24
Auburn 28 17 We can stop their passing game. We need to worry about their run game. D will step up again.

4/4 in SEC play.

It's all in the hunt, huh?

Hog Bounty Hunter I don't think you know how to hunt. You don't post anything that has any backbone to it. You just spout off crap like you're some big guru.

We ain't a gonna win cause I says we aint a gona win. That's about your speed right there.

HogsRule

Quote from: drakehog on October 07, 2005, 04:08:02 pm

Yes, we're going to win five of our last seven and go to the Houston Bowl or some Shiite and Nutt and Broyles and the apologists like Bo and going to proclaim it a wonderful accomplishment considering, and it's going to be mediocre business as usual. We'll lose the bowl game by two touchdowns in 30 degree weather.

I would welcome any bowl at this point. That would be an improvement over last year without Matt Jones. And does anyone on here think we will be worse next year? The thing is, all the Nutt haters are hoping for a 3-8 season, then whoever the next guy is will get credit for "turning the program around" because he inherited an experienced group and a great recruiting class. I would rather see the Hogs win out.

No Hate Zone

Kevin

experienced group of what. our d cannot stop anybody and there is only a handful of offensive players a real coach would want to keep. mcfadden, jones, hillis, monk. the rest cannot play in the sec.

HogsRule

Quote from: Kevin on October 07, 2005, 04:22:08 pm
experienced group of what. our d cannot stop anybody and there is only a handful of offensive players a real coach would want to keep. mcfadden, jones, hillis, monk. the rest cannot play in the sec.

Wait a minute everybody keeps telling me that we had top 25 recruiting classes and Nutt can't develop them, now its that we don't have the players. hmmm. yeah noone would want anyone off of our offensive line. How do you think Mcfadden gets through those holes genius

No Hate Zone

MarieHogFan

Quote from: Boarcephus on October 07, 2005, 07:30:51 am
Maybe just things he has no control over.

Don't you know anything?  It's the fans negative attitude that's the problem.

All we have to do is close our eyes real tight, click our heels together 3 times, and say "there's no coach like Houston", "there's no coach like Houston", "there's no coach like Houston". 

And when we open our eye we'll be in a bowl!!

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 04:20:09 pm

Yes, we're going to win five of our last seven and go to the Houston Bowl or some Shiite and Nutt and Broyles and the apologists like Bo and going to proclaim it a wonderful accomplishment considering, and it's going to be mediocre business as usual. We'll lose the bowl game by two touchdowns in 30 degree weather.

I would welcome any bowl at this point. That would be an improvement over last year without Matt Jones. And does anyone on here think we will be worse next year? The thing is, all the Nutt haters are hoping for a 3-8 season, then whoever the next guy is will get credit for "turning the program around" because he inherited an experienced group and a great recruiting class. I would rather see the Hogs win out.

That's not true - I want Nutt fired and I want to win out.  If he does and turns things over to an offensive coordinator...I mean REALLY turns things over to an OC, I can feel comfortable with him. 

Being a Nutt-hater does not mean you want to lose.

Bacon out...

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JDW on October 07, 2005, 04:18:24 pm

Missouri St. 49 17
Vanderbilt 24 28
Alabama 13 24

4/4 in SEC play.

Hog Bounty Hunter I don't think you know how to hunt. You don't post anything that has any backbone to it. You just spout off crap like you're some big guru.

We ain't a gonna win cause I says we aint a gona win. That's about your speed right there.

You shouldn't think, you might hurt yourself. 

HogsRule

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 07, 2005, 04:53:32 pm
Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 04:20:09 pm

That's not true - I want Nutt fired and I want to win out. If he does and turns things over to an offensive coordinator...I mean REALLY turns things over to an OC, I can feel comfortable with him.

Being a Nutt-hater does not mean you want to lose.

Bacon out...

Sorry, Didn't mean all Nutt Haters, but there are quite a few who have made statements like this.

No Hate Zone

JDW

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 04:54:36 pm

Missouri St. 49 17
Vanderbilt 24 28
Alabama 13 24

4/4 in SEC play.

And you're such a mental giant? Tell you what, you've made your predications and I've made mine. We'll see at the end of hte season.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JDW on October 07, 2005, 04:58:11 pm

Missouri St. 49 17
Vanderbilt 24 28
Alabama 13 24

4/4 in SEC play.

And you're such a mental giant? Tell you what, you've made your predications and I've made mine. We'll see at the end of hte season.

Take a look under your post.  Watch and see who is closer at the end of the year.   

JDW

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 07, 2005, 05:00:03 pm
Quote from: JDW on October 07, 2005, 04:58:11 pm

Missouri St. 49 17
Vanderbilt 24 28
Alabama 13 24

4/4 in SEC play.

Take a look under your post. Watch and see who is closer at the end of the year.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're on dial up cause I've already posted back to your thread. But I figure its just that you have the mental capacity of a 3rd grader.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JDW on October 07, 2005, 05:04:01 pm

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're on dial up cause I've already posted back to your thread. But I figure its just that you have the mental capacity of a 3rd grader.

JDW you don't really want to get into a battle of wits with me, you don't have the wit nor the intellect to compete.  I will let your little comments slide this time. 

whatsshakinbacon

Hey guys, if you get into a feud could you both at least "intelligently" remove the long list of posts that you continue to quote?  It makes it so much easier for us to see which one of you we think might be smarter.

Bacon out...

Boarsnest

Just making it to a bowl game doesn't impress me. There are way too many bowls now days. Look at the record it takes to get into a bowl these days. It is more important to me to be in the top 25 consistently with maybe 1-2, years in the top top 10 during a 10 year period.  Compete for sec championship some years. Be competitive against the Top Ranked teams(USC's) now and in the future To hell with the weed whacker bowl. I realize NC's are very hard to come by and they are maybe 1 in 20 to 30 year occurrences for programs like Arkansas. There is in my opinion no excuse for Arkansas not being ranked it the top 25 on a consistant basis, with the rich football tradition we have from the 60's 70's and 80's. I feel that those are reasonable expectations for this program and for my expectation's as a razorback fan.

MCPeePants

4/4 in SEC play.

That's a rosy prognosis. Hopefully it will happen that way but I see it more like this:

ULM:  W 31-13 (they play us tougher than we want for a half or so)

AUB:  L 21-28 (they're better than us talentwise and coachingwise and our home field
advantage won't be enough to overcome it)

GEO: L 10-34 (thrashed - never in the game)

USC: W 24-23 (I'll predict a win here because SC is just as bad as we are but at 2-5 and 0-4 in the SEC, we may be so in the doldrums by then that we drop this game)

MISS: L 22-25 (Ole Miss will take an ugly game between 2 bad football teams)

MSU: W 38-9 (we'll play our best game of the year against a team that could be beaten by Springdale)

LSU: L 11-50 (whipped and embarassed)

Overall: 4-7, SEC 2-6

No bowl.   

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Kevin on October 07, 2005, 04:22:08 pm

Really?  Isn't Roper on some watch list?  hmmmm?

Gman

Those that think we will still go to a bowl game have evidently been watching a different team play.  Hey we are the guys with the hogs on the side of the helmet.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: pseudorabies on October 07, 2005, 09:53:04 pm
If by some stroke of luck we go to a bowl game this year....I say we should be a poster child for there being too many bowl games and they should get rid of about 10 of them. Oh, me and my dad will not be there tomorrow because he would rather stay at home and work around the house and I would rather go out to the cabin. See you guys at the Auburn tailgate.

I am more excited about Sunday's matchup than tomorrows lol.

vstar

6 WINS!! Boy lofty goals we have now as Razorback fans! After we win this weekend the spin out of the U of A will start (or as you can see already has). Let's all pull together Hog nation and maybe we can have a 6-5 season and  play in Shreveport.
That's the problem, 8 years of HDN and some "Hog Fans" would consider that to be a success.

hogken

6 wins and a shreveport bowl would be a success right now! and besides thats only 30 miles from me! easy commute
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

Fletch

Based on where we are now I would say a bowl game is unlikely. Possible of course, but still unlikely. Based on where we are right now I would be extremely satisfied with any bowl because it would undoubtedly show that there have been vast improvements since the beginning of the year and something to build on. It still would not make it a successful season or anything to be proud of, but compared to where we are sitting at this very moment would be a major change in the right direction. I am looking for big improvements in the passing game and on defense before I pass final judgement on this team. I am very disappointed in this year as my expectations are always high going into a football season but I am not ready to let go of the rope just yet because I still hold out the hope that a strong finish to this season will set the stage for an overall rebound in the program regardless of who the head coach is.
I feel like $100

hogken

where are all you positive fans when i need you? most of the time iam getting pummeled with insults and hatred
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

Fletch

Quote from: vstar on October 08, 2005, 08:10:35 am
6 WINS!! Boy lofty goals we have now as Razorback fans! After we win this weekend the spin out of the U of A will start (or as you can see already has). Let's all pull together Hog nation and maybe we can have a 6-5 season and play in Shreveport.
That's the problem, 8 years of HDN and some "Hog Fans" would consider that to be a success.
6 wins based on where we sit now means going 5 and 2 through the meat of your conference schedule. That doesn't mean anyone is happy with a 6-5 record just happy that it would mean a major improvement from our current position. Nobody is happy with mediocrity, minor bowls or 6-5 records. People are just optimistic that things can and will improve one way or the other. I have never even once read where any hog fan would consider 6-5 a success but it's nice that you feel you can speculate on the feelings of those that don't share your opinion.
I feel like $100

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hogken on October 08, 2005, 08:45:25 am
where are all you positive fans when i need you? most of the time iam getting pummeled with insults and hatred

You are in the minority now.  Many of us had been positive until we saw the team this year.

But I've not pummelled you with insults and hatred, just disagree with your prognosis for our team.

GO HOGS!!!  BEAT NUTT!!!

Bacon out...

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

JDW

Quote from: hogken on October 08, 2005, 08:45:25 am

Ken,

Right here. I'm already getting stones thrown my way. But I got good feet work and have always been quick enough to stay out of harms way. I think we can make a bowl this year. I've put my predicitions in writing and will stand behind them.

GO HOGS!!