Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remaining SEC game predictions.

Started by JDW, October 05, 2005, 02:28:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JDW

Anyone care to share their thoughts on how the SEC will turn out w/the remaining schedules? Will Alabama beat TN? Will Auburn beat Alabama? Can Alabama beat LSU? If 'bama beats TN and losses to LSU where does that put TN? Anyone have any predictions?

John

artyhog

Hogs win remaining games.  Who cares about the other teams.

JDHogg

Quote from: JDW on October 05, 2005, 02:28:22 pm
Anyone care to share their thoughts on how the SEC will turn out w/the remaining schedules? Will Alabama beat TN? Will Auburn beat Alabama? Can Alabama beat LSU? If 'bama beats TN and losses to LSU where does that put TN? Anyone have any predictions?

John

Alabama will struggle since Shula's questionable decision on playing Prothro cost him the season.  They will go 5-3 or 4-4 SEC.
Auburn will finish strong as well as LSU, either tied or one game apart at the end.  LSU and TN both should beat Alabama in defensive battle type games.  Florida finishes third behind Ga and TN.  Florida, MSU, TN and maybe Alabama will possibly be coach shopping at season's end.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

SultanofSwine

The hogs may win 2 of the remaining conference games. But if I had to bet on it, I would say one.

JDW

Quote from: artyhog on October 05, 2005, 02:31:14 pm
Hogs win remaining games. Who cares about the other teams.

Good point. But I like to refer to the old saying, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

RBLtoHOG

Quote from: JDW on October 05, 2005, 02:51:37 pm

Good point. But I like to refer to the old saying, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Im not tryin to be an ass or anything.... i was just wondering what that has to do with what he said?
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

JDW

Quote from: RBLtoHOG on October 05, 2005, 02:59:54 pm
Quote from: JDW on October 05, 2005, 02:51:37 pm

Im not tryin to be an ass or anything.... i was just wondering what that has to do with what he said?

Just wanting to break down and analize the other teams in the SEC to be prepared when/if we face them this year or next.

RBLtoHOG

In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

JDW

Quote from: JDHogg on October 05, 2005, 02:37:43 pm

John

Alabama will struggle since Shula's questionable decision on playing Prothro cost him the season. They will go 5-3 or 4-4 SEC.
Auburn will finish strong as well as LSU, either tied or one game apart at the end. LSU and TN both should beat Alabama in defensive battle type games. Florida finishes third behind Ga and TN. Florida, MSU, TN and maybe Alabama will possibly be coach shopping at season's end.

Good point about Prothro. I hated to see that happen. You sure Alabama will be looking for a new coach next year after the year they have ahd thus far? You sure 'bama can't beat LSU or TN? You think Auburn will beat AL? You think Auburn will beat LSU?

WILL CLINTON

No way Tennessee and Florida are coach shopping.  Phat Phil probably has a lifetime pass at Knoxville (winning a NC, SEC Championship and playing the in the SECCG, and having an overall winning record at an 80% clip will do that for a cocah.)  and Urban Legend is in his first year, they will give him 3, at least.  If Bama just lost their season with Prothro going down, Mike "I ain't your daddy's shula" Shula will be house hunting soon.  Sylvester wont be looking for another job simply because of the racial implications at least for another year or 2. 
What's really bad is because of the perception that "Houston does more with less than any coach in the league", one of these teams might give him a look to see what he can do for them.  Not saying it would be bad for us, just that it is bad that any respectable D-1 program would give him a chance. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Thehammer

John

Alabama will struggle since Shula's questionable decision on playing Prothro cost him the season. They will go 5-3 or 4-4 SEC.
Auburn will finish strong as well as LSU, either tied or one game apart at the end. LSU and TN both should beat Alabama in defensive battle type games. Florida finishes third behind Ga and TN. Florida, MSU, TN and maybe Alabama will possibly be coach shopping at season's end.

Auburn and LSU finish tied for first in SEC west.   LSU will play Georgia in the SEC championship. 

Hog Bounty Hunter

If the Hogs win this week it will probably be their last win this year.

JDW

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 05, 2005, 04:55:50 pm

Wanna make a bet?

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: JDW on October 05, 2005, 05:02:52 pm

Wanna make a bet?

Yeah I bet we don't win more than four games this year.

JDW

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on October 05, 2005, 05:12:18 pm

Wanna make a bet?

Kinda going back on what ya said aint ya? I thought this weekend would be their last win?

smilton90

id love to say we lose all remaining SEC games.  but Nutt will probly upset LSU giving Broyles a great excuse to keep HDN.

JDHogg

Quote from: dubyacee on October 05, 2005, 04:17:07 pm
No way Tennessee and Florida are coach shopping. Phat Phil probably has a lifetime pass at Knoxville (winning a NC, SEC Championship and playing the in the SECCG, and having an overall winning record at an 80% clip will do that for a cocah.) and Urban Legend is in his first year, they will give him 3, at least. If Bama just lost their season with Prothro going down, Mike "I ain't your daddy's shula" Shula will be house hunting soon. Sylvester wont be looking for another job simply because of the racial implications at least for another year or 2.
What's really bad is because of the perception that "Houston does more with less than any coach in the league", one of these teams might give him a look to see what he can do for them. Not saying it would be bad for us, just that it is bad that any respectable D-1 program would give him a chance.

We had a coach that won a NC, had racial implications, won many SEC tourn games, he didn't get a lifetime pass and I believe his win pct was about 73%.
Phat Fulmer was fortunate at LSU to win.  That NC was ancient history for TN fans.  It is said that he does less with more than any coach in the league!!  Florida fired a coach with a decent record for the short time he'd been there.  A three point offensive performance won't be forgotten for long if they don't turn out a win out season, Florida feels like they have as good of a talent pool as anyone in the conference.

Go Sooners!!!!
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Thehammer

Quote from: JDW on October 05, 2005, 10:04:38 pm

Wanna make a bet?

Kinda going back on what ya said aint ya? I thought this weekend would be their last win?

The man stated "probably."  Not absoutely. 

msudawgs64

Croom won't be looking for a job based on racial implications or otherwise, if he is looking for a job it will be from his own doing, i.e. the college head coaching game got old for him real fast and he resigns.  Basically he was given an extension last year after a one game improvement from Sherrill's last year.  He has two more years of what is left of Sherrill's recruits then after that he gets to show us what he can do with players he and his staff recruited.  Either way Templeton will not be firing Croom based on record, at least for a few more years and if it ever comes down to him being fired it won't be at State, Templeton is incapable of firing a coach, thus the reason Sherrill hung on for 2 years more than he should have. 
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

JDW

Quote from: Thehammer on October 06, 2005, 04:52:28 pm

Wanna make a bet?

The man stated "probably." Not absoutely.

Probably in my book is the same as everyone else giving up on the hog. Let him speak for himself. I haven't seen him post to many positive things about this season.

JDW

Quote from: Thehammer on October 06, 2005, 04:52:28 pm

Wanna make a bet?

The man stated "probably." Not absoutely.

What are your predictions?

I think that Alabama will play LSU for the West. TN vs Georgira(maybe) for the East.

HogsRule

Alabama, LSU, and Arkansas tied at 5-3 for the Western division crown.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

HogsRule

No Hate Zone

HogsRule

and here's how

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE (5-0, 3-0 SEC)      
Oct. 15   at Ole Miss              W
Oct. 22   TENNESSEE           L
Nov. 5   at Mississippi State  W
Nov. 12   LSU               L
Nov. 19   at Auburn               L

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (1-3, 0-2 SEC)      
Oct. 15   AUBURN                       W
Oct. 22   at Georgia                       L
Nov. 5   SOUTH CAROLINA [HC]   W
Nov. 12   at Ole Miss                       W
Nov. 19   *MISSISSIPPI STATE       W
Nov. 25   at LSU (CBS)                  W

AUBURN TIGERS (4-1, 2-0 SEC)      
Oct. 15   at Arkansas   L
Oct. 22   at LSU   L
Oct. 29   OLE MISS   W
Nov. 5   at Kentucky   W
Nov. 12   at Georgia   L
Nov. 19   ALABAMA   W

LSU TIGERS (2-1, 1-1 SEC)      
Oct. 8   at Vanderbilt [ESPN2]   W
Oct. 15   FLORIDA                    L
Oct. 22   AUBURN                   W
Nov. 12   at Alabama                   W
Nov. 19   at Ole Miss                   W
Nov. 25   ARKANSAS (CBS)   L

No Hate Zone

Bomis Hawg

Four-Way tie? :o

BTW, why would someone take joy in their own team losing out?

JDW

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on October 06, 2005, 05:45:14 pm
Four-Way tie? :o

BTW, why would someone take joy in their own team losing out?

If your talking to me, I don't. I don't know if AR has enough to take out LSU. Auburn yes. I think Geogria will be a handful as well.

Bomis Hawg

I was talking to someone else.

Arkansas, I don't think, can win enough games to make a difference.  They are a spoiler, at this point. 

Hog1751

Wattup, you do realize that if all four those teams go 5-3 and lose to the teams you stated, that Arkansas would end up in the SEC Title game, via its 4-1 record against the west and the head to head victory over LSU. Auburn and Alabama would both be 3-2 against the west and thus eliminatted before it started.

GrizzledHogFan

Here are my SEC team predictions for the remainder of the season:

SEC West

Auburn  9-2 (7-1)
Wins: Arkansas*, LSU*, Ole Miss*, Kentucky*, Alabama*
Losses: Georgia*

Alabama  9-2 (6-2)
Wins: Ole Miss*, Utah St., Miss. St.*, LSU*
Losses: Tennessee*, Auburn*

LSU  7-4 (4-4)
Wins: Vanderbilt*, North Texas, Appalachian St., Ole Miss*, Arkansas*
Losses: Florida*, Auburn*, Alabama*

Miss. St.  5-6 (2-6)
Wins: Houston, Kentucky*, Ole Miss*
Losses: Florida*, Alabama*, Arkansas*

Ole Miss  4-7 (2-6)
Wins: The Citadel, Kentucky*, Arkansas*
Losses: Alabama*, Auburn*, LSU*, Miss. St.*

Arkansas  3-8 (1-7)
Wins: ULM, Miss. St.*
Losses: Auburn*, Georgia*, S. Carolina*, Ole Miss*, LSU*

SEC East

Georgia  10-1 (7-1)
Wins: Vanderbilt*, Arkansas*, Florida*, Auburn*, Kentucky*, Georgia Tech
Losses: Tennessee*

Tennessee  9-2 (7-1)
Wins: Georgia*, Alabama*, S. Carolina*, Memphis, Vanderbilt*, Kentucky*
Losses: Notre Dame

Florida  8-3 (6-2)
Wins: Miss. St.*, LSU*, Vanderbilt*, S. Carolina*
Losses: Georgia*, Florida St.

Vanderbilt  6-5 (4-4)
Wins: S. Carolina*, Kentucky*
Losses: LSU*, Georgia*, Florida*, Tennessee*

S. Carolina  4-7 (2-6)
Wins: Kentucky*, Arkansas*
Losses: Vanderbilt*, Tennessee*, Florida*, Clemson

Kentucky  1-10 (0-8)
Wins: none
Losses: S. Carolina*, Ole Miss*, Miss. St.*, Auburn*, Vanderbilt*, Georgia*, Tennessee*

* denotes a conference opponent
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

HogsRule

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 07, 2005, 03:12:07 am

SEC West

Auburn  9-2 (7-1)

Alabama  9-2 (6-2)

LSU  7-4 (4-4)

Miss. St.  5-6 (2-6)

Ole Miss  4-7 (2-6)

Arkansas  3-8 (1-7)

SEC East

Georgia  10-1 (7-1)

Tennessee  9-2 (7-1)

Florida  8-3 (6-2)

Vanderbilt  6-5 (4-4)

S. Carolina  4-7 (2-6)

Kentucky  1-10 (0-8)
Losses: S. Carolina*, Ole Miss*, Miss. St.*, Auburn*, Vanderbilt*, Georgia*, Tennessee*

Wow, AR finishing behind Ole Miss and Miss St. You really think Auburn is that good.

No Hate Zone

HogsRule

Quote from: Hog1751 on October 06, 2005, 06:53:26 pm
Wattup, you do realize that if all four those teams go 5-3 and lose to the teams you stated, that Arkansas would end up in the SEC Title game, via its 4-1 record against the west and the head to head victory over LSU. Auburn and Alabama would both be 3-2 against the west and thus eliminatted before it started.

I didn't actually look at how the tie breaker would play out, but thought we would have a good shot if that scenario happens. The question is, would anyone give Houston credit for rallying the team if it did happen.

No Hate Zone

JDW

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 07, 2005, 03:12:07 am

SEC West

Auburn  9-2 (7-1)

Alabama  9-2 (6-2)

LSU  7-4 (4-4)

Miss. St.  5-6 (2-6)

Ole Miss  4-7 (2-6)

Arkansas  3-8 (1-7)

SEC East

Georgia  10-1 (7-1)

Tennessee  9-2 (7-1)

Florida  8-3 (6-2)

Vanderbilt  6-5 (4-4)

S. Carolina  4-7 (2-6)

Kentucky  1-10 (0-8)

I agree with just about everything you've said except I think Ark and 'bama can beat Auburn. Oh and TN will beat Geogria.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 09:05:57 am
I didn't actually look at how the tie breaker would play out, but thought we would have a good shot if that scenario happens. The question is, would anyone give Houston credit for rallying the team if it did happen.

As a huge HDN critic, I would absolutely give Houston credit for rallying the team if that did happen.

I will also be gracious enough to give HDN credit if he cures cancer, achieves peace in the middle east, or convinces Jessica Alba to start doing porno.

HogsRule

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on October 07, 2005, 09:45:14 am
Quote from: HogsRule on October 07, 2005, 09:05:57 am

As a huge HDN critic, I would absolutely give Houston credit for rallying the team if that did happen.

I will also be gracious enough to give HDN credit if he cures cancer, achieves peace in the middle east, or convinces Jessica Alba to start doing porno.

I'd settle for a longer Avatar video of Alba on that pole. ;)

No Hate Zone

JDW

October 07, 2005, 12:48:58 pm #34 Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 01:04:42 pm by JDW
Thinking about, here's the way I see AR's schedule playing out.

Missouri St.  49  17
Vanderbilt  24  28   
Southern California  17  70   
Alabama  13  24   
La.-Monroe  42  10       No promblems
Auburn  28  17            We can stop their passing game. We need to worry about their run game. D will step up again.
Georgia  21  28            We will play them close. Possibly pulling out a win.
South Carolina  30  10   They can stop our run and have no offense.   
Mississippi  28  14          Close game but we will win.
Mississippi St.  30  21     We can beat MS in the Rock. 
LSU  17  35                  This is the team that I don't think we will match up against well.

4/4 in SEC play.

Hog1751

The Way I see it...

LA Monroe 55-7 (I think a lot of agression will be taken out against the Indians)

Auburn 13-3 (The Hog's defense will continue to improve, and Im not impressed with a 4-1 Auburn team that has wins over
SUC Carolina, Missy State, and 2 1-aa opponents.

Georgia 24-23 (I really think UGA will be overlookin us, towards Florida, I think they were overlookin us last year and it almost cost em and I think this year Balsiero will kick a game winner with about 30 seconds to play)

South Carolina 37-10 (South Carolina is bad everywhere, offense and defense)

Ole Miss 31-13 (Ole Miss is bad)

Miss State 44-14 (I dont think State can hang with Arkansas at home)

LSU 24-35 (We dont match up well at all with LSU, but Nutt is far superioir to Miles, believe it or not)

7-4 5-3 (3rd in the west)

Oklahoma (Cotton Bowl) 21-17 (OU is not as good as we are, fo a change) 8-4 5-3

JDW

Quote from: Hog1751 on October 07, 2005, 01:16:06 pm
The Way I see it...

LA Monroe 55-7 (I think a lot of agression will be taken out against the Indians)

Auburn 13-3 (The Hog's defense will continue to improve, and Im not impressed with a 4-1 Auburn team that has wins over
SUC Carolina, Missy State, and 2 1-aa opponents.

Georgia 24-23 (I really think UGA will be overlookin us, towards Florida, I think they were overlookin us last year and it almost cost em and I think this year Balsiero will kick a game winner with about 30 seconds to play)

South Carolina 37-10 (South Carolina is bad everywhere, offense and defense)

Ole Miss 31-13 (Ole Miss is bad)

Miss State 44-14 (I dont think State can hang with Arkansas at home)

LSU 24-35 (We dont match up well at all with LSU, but Nutt is far superioir to Miles, believe it or not)

7-4 5-3 (3rd in the west)

Oklahoma (Cotton Bowl) 21-17 (OU is not as good as we are, fo a change) 8-4 5-3

I agree with your thoughts on Auburn and GA. I don't think Auburn is all that, and I feel like we can shut them down and beat'em at home. I don't think either MS team can hang with us. LSU maybe a different story though. We will be playing at LSU and that may make the difference.

John

wincrimson

John

Man, I can just see the 'Bama hate oozing off that ridiculous post.

You really believe that Urban Meyer, Mike Shula, and Phil Fulmer will be unemployed at season's end? LOL-- pass me what your smoking!!

JDW

How did you get that picture of Prothro in your sig line?

JDW

Nevermind I got it.

Fred Talley!

Run Fred! Run!

wincrimson

Good looking sig, JDW. Is that the 2003 AU/AR game? If so, I was there. Obviously, I'm a big 'Bama fan. But, I had to go up to Auburn that day to pass out political stuff for a family member.

I remember sitting amongst all that orange and blue while the Hogs ran all over them! WPS!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: JDW on October 07, 2005, 12:48:58 pm
Thinking about, here's the way I see AR's schedule playing out.

Missouri St.  49  17
Vanderbilt  24  28   
Southern California  17  70   
Alabama  13  24   
La.-Monroe  42  10       No promblems
Auburn  28  17            We can stop their passing game. We need to worry about their run game. D will step up again.
Georgia  21  28            We will play them close. Possibly pulling out a win.
South Carolina  30  10   They can stop our run and have no offense.   
Mississippi  28  14          Close game but we will win.
Mississippi St.  30  21     We can beat MS in the Rock. 
LSU  17  35                  This is the team that I don't think we will match up against well.

4/4 in SEC play.

and kids, thats why they call it dope.

NCGatorBait

Quote from: JDHogg on October 05, 2005, 02:37:43 pmFlorida, MSU, TN and maybe Alabama will possibly be coach shopping at season's end.

WOW...you cant be serious! :o

JDW

wincrimson,

Yeah that is the game. I will remember that game for along time. I wished I could have been there. I like your sig too. Too bad about Prothro. But Alabama has still got a good receiver core and a chance to win the West. I think TN will be their biggest fight. I think they will handle Auburn fairly well. Liking Alabama and Oklahoma has always been a guiltiy pleasure, disliking Auburn, Geogria, TN, and FL has always been a pleasure. Good luck with the rest of the season.

JDW

TulsaHogFan,

I've put my predicitions out there for everyone to see where I stand and I will stand behind them. If I'm wrong I'll say so, if I'm right...well I say that as well. So put up or shutup.

Hog1751

Actually the AU/AR game was in 02, I was there, It was great to see the Auburn fans leaving in the 3rd qtr, also great taht our band put theres to shame all day. Oh yeah the game was pretty good too, everthing went right for the Hogs, everything went wrong for Auburn, hell the war eagle was even sick tah day.

JDW

Hog1751,

You picked 55-7 AR vs ULM. I picked 42-10 AR vs ULM. It looks like we may be on par for the ULM score. They may pull out 15 or 18 but I don't figure anymore than that.

What are your thoughts?

JDW

Gman

I'm sticking with a close win over ULM and that will be our last win of the season...

JDW

30-8. I'd say our picks are pretty close so far.

Fletch

Based on what I have seen Alabama is as good as anyone in SEC. Their defense will keep them in every game and give them a chance to win. I think they beat Tennessee and maybe Tennessee is coach shopping next year. Hey maybe we can get him to come here since he recruits Arkansas so well. ;D
I feel like $100