Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henri Murphy

Started by #1 STUNNA, May 06, 2016, 10:09:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 STUNNA

Former Dollaway Cardinal... anyone have any info on him? I know their was a post on here a while ago from someone saying  he was the fastest kid they had ever seen on a football field. Ended up going the juco route...and now it looks looks like he has picked up some D1 offers recently... anyone know if we are recruiting him?

Air Show

May 08, 2016, 10:51:32 pm #1 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:06:01 pm by Air Show
Henri has one more year at East Central Mississippi JUCO. He's 6-1 185 and playing DB now after a pretty good season at WR. Projected has a D1 cover corner and switched to DB during the off season. Has offers from Miss State, West Virginia, Minn and a host of FCS's. Invited to Alabama camp on June 5, and Georgia on June 11.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3243792/henri-murphy

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3243792/highlights/301930391

hogfan2000

Actually...what I said after watching him play in October of 2014 was that he was the fastest player on the field I had seen out of the state since Jarius Wright....at that point I thought he should have been offered, but was laughed off the board.  His speed was different and I remember being picked apart...funny how he won by over 3/10's in the meet of champs later that spring and nobody came back and apologized!!! I too thought he was high level  corner...he would have been the fastest player on the roster if he would have been brought in last fall and he will be if he's ever offered.

Peter Porker

There's a reason he went JUCO. Arkansas is very aware of him.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hogfan2000

It is my humble opinion, that Arkansas's lack of offer during the process was as much about football as the ACT or whatever.  I think it is fair to say that the hogs weren't as bullish on him  from a athletic and football standpoint in the fall and winter of 14 as I was at that time.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogfan2000 on May 09, 2016, 06:02:13 am
It is my humble opinion, that Arkansas's lack of offer during the process was as much about football as the ACT or whatever.  I think it is fair to say that the hogs weren't as bullish on him  from a athletic and football standpoint in the fall and winter of 14 as I was at that time.
a

So are you saying you know more than the coaches?

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 09, 2016, 06:35:05 am
a

It's the Hogville way........try you some!

GuvHog

It very well could be that Bielema suggested to Henri that he go the JUCO route and the Hogs would offer him a scholarship later.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Air Show

As I said in the original post months ago, Henri is a late bloomer, on the field, ACT scores (not in the classroom), and physical development. He always possessed the speed and athletic ability in football, baseball, and track. Also, Dollarway's offensive schemes didn't compliment is talent. This combination is why he entered JUCO. Sharp eye Hogfan2000!

hogfan2000

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 09, 2016, 06:35:05 am
a

As far as this kid is concerned, absolutely. 

Peter Porker

I agree.

I tried to talk the young man into running track in college, but he was determined to play football.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

colbs

Quote from: hogfan2000 on May 09, 2016, 10:49:06 pm

As far as this kid is concerned, absolutely. 
Haha ok.

hogfan2000

I believed they missed on him.  His speed is as legit as it gets...especially for this state.  He was also very good and tough football player.  I watched him play a high level opponent, and his athleticism was elite on a field full of it.  He stuck out like a sore thumb in that game as being different.  Maybe the kid didn't lace em up other weeks like he did that night, but that night he showed me all I needed to see to know he was SEC worthy.  I think it's obvious now that others are starting to see what I saw. If they saw it all along, it was kept s very good secret.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Richard Davenport

tophawg19

even the best coaching staffs miss on kids every year . they don't always get a good chance to evaluate all of them either . kids fall through cracks every year . that is why a NO. Dakota st. gets a great QB . How a Jerry Rice goes to Miss. valley st. ? it happens .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Peter Porker

RAZORHOGG15

Quote from: hogfan2000 on May 10, 2016, 09:46:59 am
I believed they missed on him.  His speed is as legit as it gets...especially for this state.  He was also very good and tough football player.  I watched him play a high level opponent, and his athleticism was elite on a field full of it.  He stuck out like a sore thumb in that game as being different.  Maybe the kid didn't lace em up other weeks like he did that night, but that night he showed me all I needed to see to know he was SEC worthy.  I think it's obvious now that others are starting to see what I saw. If they saw it all along, it was kept s very good secret.
I dont know whether this kid is truely a playmakeer or not, but my question is this.  Have you been posting and argueing for this kid for over two years because you watched him play in ONE game?
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

hogfan2000

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on May 10, 2016, 08:36:52 pm
I dont know whether this kid is truely a playmakeer or not, but my question is this.  Have you been posting and argueing for this kid for over two years because you watched him play in ONE game?

You dang right!  I'm that dang right and that dang good! I'm sorry if that bothers you.  Sucks that I was right 2 years ago doesn't it? 

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan2000 on May 10, 2016, 09:46:41 pm
You dang right!  I'm that dang right and that dang good! I'm sorry if that bothers you.  Sucks that I was right 2 years ago doesn't it? 

Right about what?

Lights Out

Hogs know about Henri, he camped up there 3 years. Ran a 4.41, 4.38, 4.32  he was fasrest in camp. The thing was he was an late qualifier. He didn't get ACT score until after NSD.  He signed with Henderson on NSD. He had offers come in late from Memphis, UNLV, California, Miss St. after he made score but he coudnt get a release from henderson  so he decided to go Juco route instead of henderson. Now he is one of the top Juco DB/WR coming out next year with offers as of now from Virginia Tech, Miss State,  West Virginis, Miami. He has been invited to Alabama & Georgia camp next month.  He is an legit game changer with the ball in his hands and he is an lock down corner.  Played both positions in juco.

ricepig

Pork Twain

Quote from: hogfan2000 on May 10, 2016, 09:46:41 pm
Nice to see you are still hanging on to being right about something like this.  Mom must be so proud.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

zebradynasty

Quote from: Lights Out on May 11, 2016, 12:20:18 am
Hogs know about Henri, he camped up there 3 years. Ran a 4.41, 4.38, 4.32  he was fasrest in camp. The thing was he was an late qualifier. He didn't get ACT score until after NSD.  He signed with Henderson on NSD. He had offers come in late from Memphis, UNLV, California, Miss St. after he made score but he coudnt get a release from henderson  so he decided to go Juco route instead of henderson. Now he is one of the top Juco DB/WR coming out next year with offers as of now from Virginia Tech, Miss State,  West Virginis, Miami. He has been invited to Alabama & Georgia camp next month.  He is an legit game changer with the ball in his hands and he is an lock down corner.  Played both positions in juco.

That is what happened. Him late qualifying is why we missed. Had Henderson release him ::)  UA probably would have signed him late.

The_Boot_stops_here

Virginia Tech offered yesterday. They've done pretty good at DB over the years, no?

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on May 12, 2016, 09:24:36 am
Virginia Tech offered yesterday. They've done pretty good at DB over the years, no?
Yeah, but it'll be interesting how they transition. Bud Foster is still there, which is huge, but everyone else is new I believe.
ched come back pls

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson on May 12, 2016, 10:01:30 am
Yeah, but it'll be interesting how they transition. Bud Foster is still there, which is huge, but everyone else is new I believe.

The most important piece is still there. Foster. Its a really good offer for Murphy. Will be interesting to see what offers follow

songofthesword

I remember in 2005 going to Mills  oak Grove home game. had no ducking idea who d Mac was.  I had a date later that nught, I was bored, I went to Mills, we had a home game

After the first possession of the game, on defense,  I turned to my best friend and said I don't know who the duck number 5 is but he better be wearing a hog uniform next year dude is a freak of nature athletically.

After the next possession, in which he was the running back ran 80 yards untouched in about  8 strides lol..he just  didn't move like everyone else. .and Mills had Elton ford on that team.. I left the stadium right then with one misoon in life lol. .to get number 5 for oak Grove at Arkansas lol. How I don't know. Then I got home and realized  I. About 1 min of Internet searches he was the 2nd highest rated athlete in the country,  a 5 star, and already an Arkansas commit

Switzer once said if I can't tell who a player is in 5 plays we won't recruit him.

College recruiting is not NFL scouting. It doesn't take long. ..at all..to realize if a player in high school projects to college

ricepig

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogfan2000

Feel good for the kid. I've been there before so I'm not going to say anything else other than I'm happy for the kid

draftkings33

Saw him run track and highschool and he ran a 10.5 100.  Was wondering why we werent recruiting him then

draftkings33

Quote from: songofthesword on May 13, 2016, 05:13:41 am
I remember in 2005 going to Mills  oak Grove home game. had no ducking idea who d Mac was.  I had a date later that nught, I was bored, I went to Mills, we had a home game

After the first possession of the game, on defense,  I turned to my best friend and said I don't know who the duck number 5 is but he better be wearing a hog uniform next year dude is a freak of nature athletically.

After the next possession, in which he was the running back ran 80 yards untouched in about  8 strides lol..he just  didn't move like everyone else. .and Mills had Elton ford on that team.. I left the stadium right then with one misoon in life lol. .to get number 5 for oak Grove at Arkansas lol. How I don't know. Then I got home and realized  I. About 1 min of Internet searches he was the 2nd highest rated athlete in the country,  a 5 star, and already an Arkansas commit

Switzer once said if I can't tell who a player is in 5 plays we won't recruit him.

College recruiting is not NFL scouting. It doesn't take long. ..at all..to realize if a player in high school projects to college
5 plays huh?  If that was the case Agim would not be a hog.  I saw that kid do nothing on several plays in a row.  Switzer is an idiot

azhog10

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 25, 2016, 01:16:24 pm
IMPORTANT UPDATE!!
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/may/25/wednesday-recruiting-tidbits-another-juco-prospect/
Getting Murphy for 2016 would be huge IMO. Our secondary is improving but adding a player with his speed would make losing on guys like Putu forgotten.

hogsfan31

Hope we land Murphy. Would be great.

smokeyB_blues

This is really a position of high importance in this class. This guy could really fill a need that we desperately have for corners.

JackJohnson

Quote from: azhog10 on May 25, 2016, 01:46:20 pm
Getting Murphy for 2016 would be huge IMO. Our secondary is improving but adding a player with his speed would make losing on guys like Putu forgotten.

Agreed.  Being able to land 2 JC CB's that can come in next year with 4 years to play 3 in Tutt and Murphy after signing day would be really beneficial for us since we are going to be losing our top 2 CB's after this year in Dean and Collins the depth behind them would have been really scary.  This is the kind of break we really need to make sure there is little to no drop off for 2017 in the secondary

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogfan2000 on May 09, 2016, 01:18:02 am
Actually...what I said after watching him play in October of 2014 was that he was the fastest player on the field I had seen out of the state since Jarius Wright....at that point I thought he should have been offered, but was laughed off the board.  His speed was different and I remember being picked apart...funny how he won by over 3/10's in the meet of champs later that spring and nobody came back and apologized!!! I too thought he was high level  corner...he would have been the fastest player on the roster if he would have been brought in last fall and he will be if he's ever offered.
i offered it up in the other thread, just couldn't remember who said it. Yes he is indeed fast as well.

Gold Hogvillian

Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
@KenSlackBledsoe is on Twitter!
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Wednesday recruiting tidbits-5/25/16
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 11:01:28 pm »
ReplyQuoteModifyModify
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 25, 2016, 01:17:00 pm
Just added a Henri Murphy update:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/may/25/wednesday-recruiting-tidbits-another-juco-prospect/
Looks like some of you were right after all, just a couple years late. Kid is definitely fast. Sign him up!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Lights Out

Quote from: azhog10 on May 25, 2016, 01:46:20 pm

If Henderson St. release Murphy he would be eligible to enroll and play D-1 immediately. If they don't, he has to go back to JUCO for fall semester then he will be eligible to enroll in D-1.

factchecker

Quote from: Lights Out on May 28, 2016, 08:58:34 am
If Henderson St. release Murphy he would be eligible to enroll and play D-1 immediately. If they don't, he has to go back to JUCO for fall semester then he will be eligible to enroll in D-1.

He's already been in JUCO.  Why would Henderson have to release him?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Lights Out on May 28, 2016, 08:58:34 am
I honestly don't know the provisions for such. However, IF that were the case and the young man committed to the Hogs I strongly suspect HSU would be persuaded to release him from any further ties.

zebradynasty

It was my understanding that HSU could have released him back when UA offered and he would have been eligible immediately but since HSU didn't his only alternative would have been to pay his own way at UA or go to JUCO. Either way HSU does not have to release him now that he has been to JUCO. At least that is my understanding.

Now what I don't understand or knew is I read where his high school coach said he could transfer this summer. 

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 28, 2016, 12:59:55 pm
It was my understanding that HSU could have released him back when UA offered and he would have been eligible immediately but since HSU didn't his only alternative would have been to pay his own way at UA or go to JUCO. Either way HSU does not have to release him now that he has been to JUCO. At least that is my understanding.

Now what I don't understand or knew is I read where his high school coach said he could transfer this summer. 

Since he was a qualifier, although late, he is eligible to move from JUCO to D-I after one year.

Air Show

Why would Henderson have to release him?

Enrollment in a Junior College (Two-Year College) - After Signing an NLI

If a prospective student-athlete signs an NLI and later attends a junior college, the prospective
student-athlete would have to graduate from the junior college under the following
conditions:
 To satisfy NCAA 2-4 or 4-2-4 transfer rules, if necessary to meet NCAA, conference or
institutional regulations.
 To fulfill a previously signed NLI. In this case, the previous NLI is considered fulfilled if the
prospective student-athlete graduates from the junior college. The NLI can be signed prior
to graduation.

Or

Be released from the letter of intent (Henderson State), which is what Coach Cortez Lee is refering too.

GuvHog

Quote from: Air Show on May 28, 2016, 05:35:14 pm
Why would Henderson have to release him?

Enrollment in a Junior College (Two-Year College) - After Signing an NLI

If a prospective student-athlete signs an NLI and later attends a junior college, the prospective
student-athlete would have to graduate from the junior college under the following
conditions:
 To satisfy NCAA 2-4 or 4-2-4 transfer rules, if necessary to meet NCAA, conference or
institutional regulations.
 To fulfill a previously signed NLI. In this case, the previous NLI is considered fulfilled if the
prospective student-athlete graduates from the junior college. The NLI can be signed prior
to graduation.

Or

Be released from the letter of intent (Henderson State), which is what Coach Cortez Lee is refering too.

But what happens if a player goes to JUCO and becomes D1 eligible after 1 year and receives D1 offers??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Oklahawg

Quote from: draftkings33 on May 25, 2016, 12:49:22 pm
5 plays huh?  If that was the case Agim would not be a hog.  I saw that kid do nothing on several plays in a row.  Switzer is an idiot

Disqualifying comment.

I remember someone I trust a lot saying they doubted Jake Bequette would play a down at UA. Based on watching middling-level HS football.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Lights Out

Quote from: GuvHog on May 28, 2016, 06:02:06 pm
But what happens if a player goes to JUCO and becomes D1 eligible after 1 year and receives D1 offers??
The player can leave, if the player didn't previously sign a NLI with another school. Murphy...has to do  graduate from JUCO to free him from the NLI he sign with Henderson. Now the other part to this is...Henderson can release him today, tomorrow, or week from now and that would immediately make him eligible to sign with any D-1 and can enroll

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Lights Out on May 29, 2016, 08:10:42 am
The player can leave, if the player didn't previously sign a NLI with another school. Murphy...has to do  graduate from JUCO to free him from the NLI he sign with Henderson. Now the other part to this is...Henderson can release him today, tomorrow, or week from now and that would immediately make him eligible to sign with any D-1 and can enroll
As I said previously, I have a very strong suspicion that IF it came down to his being released by HSU in order to sign with the Hogs THAT wouldn't be a factor. It would definitely get done.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 29, 2016, 10:07:22 am
As I said previously, I have a very strong suspicion that IF it came down to his being released by HSU in order to sign with the Hogs THAT wouldn't be a factor. It would definitely get done.

Hmm.....they didn't want to release him last summer, we'll see.