Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo being negative

Started by twistitup, February 08, 2018, 06:18:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HatfieldHog

I heard Bo when he first came on Thursday afternoon.  He said, this years recruiting class is the worst in memory, tell me why this class isn't putting Coach Morris behind the 8 ball, that he may never get out from behind!"

Bo was negative, there's no doubt about that.  But, I think he was just trying to spur conversation on his show more than anything else...

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

twistitup

Quote from: HatfieldHog on February 09, 2018, 10:58:58 pm
I heard Bo when he first came on Thursday afternoon.  He said, this years recruiting class is the worst in memory, tell me why this class isn't putting Coach Morris behind the 8 ball, that he may never get out from behind!"

Bo was negative, there's no doubt about that.  But, I think he was just trying to spur conversation on his show more than anything else...

See ya

This....all a person has to do is go back and listen to the show from Thursday. It was throughout the program....

I think there is a way to go back and listen to old shows - if not, why not?  I went to his webpage for the show - still a pic of CBB not updated since Aug 24 2017.....so maybe you can't go back and listen to old shows.

http://www.sportstalkwithbo.com/

Great website Bo

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

(notOM)Rebel123

2 threads and 6 pages talking about Bo, and yet, he makes fun of Hogville posters. He couldn't buy this much publicity. Ha!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rtr

I really enjoy Press Row when Grant Hall and Mike Irwin are together.  Most of all though, I really miss the Ugly Uncle Show.  I say it is time to bring back Ugly Uncle to the airways in NW Arkansas.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

rtr

Clay Henry, Dudley Dawson and Mike Irwin are the only reason I listen to Bo.

twistitup

February 10, 2018, 07:57:44 am #155 Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:30:36 am by twistitup
Bo promises a positive after taste? I've never heard it put 'quite' that way......

"Positive After-Taste-
Spinning false information into truth is not something you will find on Sports Talk. But leveraging the positive will be a staple. Too much negative weighs us all down. We will tackle the hard issues but we will not reside only on the negative side of the debates and conversations. We want you to expect us to always leave you with a positive after-taste."

http://www.sportstalkwithbo.com/about/what-we-offer/

ICEman

Quote from: Wayne Watson on February 08, 2018, 06:43:58 pm
I went out and checked my truck.  Sure enough, the radio had buttons so the channel could be changed.   ;D
I occasionally see an ole boxChevy puttering around on the backroads.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hoghiker

Lots of folks on Hogville seem to take pleasure in dissing any and all sports media. Bo is mostly very supportive of any thing Hog. He at least makes some attempt at being  objective. He doesn't always nail it but it's not that bad. Pretty sure he's got his life back together on the drinking thing. I commend him for it.

Hog N Bama

Bo's show is far better than those clowns in LR on 103.7. I'll give credit where due.
It's become obvious Bo has an anti Arkansas agenda.
No, we don't want sunshine pumping non stop. Nor do we want to hear negatives exclamated every 2 minutes either. It's like he wants to ensure anybody that just tuned in hears his condescending remarks by repeating over and over again.
We understand as fans there is much work to do.
Everything is NOT doom and gloom.
I believe this new staff will make the best of the players and recruits we have and the Razorback program will improve. Overnight? Of course not.
Just quit the constant negative poison.

hogsanity

New coach, only 16 or 17 signees all recruited on short notice, when trying to institute a totally different philosophy than the last staff. How can anyone not see that could be a huge problem.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 12:54:42 pm
New coach, only 16 or 17 signees all recruited on short notice, when trying to institute a totally different philosophy than the last staff. How can anyone not see that could be a huge problem.
Nobody said it wasn't.

GuvHog

Quote from: HatfieldHog on February 09, 2018, 10:58:58 pm

See ya

Yeah, Bo is still a little butt-hurt over CBB's firing. He'll get over it though.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog N Bama on February 10, 2018, 12:59:02 pm
Nobody said it wasn't.

Yet Bo saying that means he is being negative and still hurt over BB being fired? 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: rtr on February 10, 2018, 07:41:15 am
I really enjoy Press Row when Grant Hall and Mike Irwin are together.  Most of all though, I really miss the Ugly Uncle Show.  I say it is time to bring back Ugly Uncle to the airways in NW Arkansas.

I doubt Ugly Uncle will be back on the air in NWA unless a Church up there calls him as Pastor. His Ministry is where his heart is.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Rambo Hog

The signal for Bo's show in Little Rock is horrible and acts like North West Arkansas is the only metro area in the state worth covering. He must be trying out for MSNBC or CNN  with all the one sided fake news crap he pushing against Chad Morris  . How does Bo have the highest rated show when nobody can hear his show in central Arkansas or even want to. I find drive time sports alot better  especially the Trey Biddy part that debunks all the fake crap that Bo puts out there  just need to get rid of idiot sunshine Rick .

Mike Irwin

Sometimes you can confuse a media person laying out possibilities with that person actually wanting something to happen. I know Bo well and I don't think he had issues with Bielema being fired. I also don't think he was tied to Long.

He may have defended both over certain claims but that doesn't mean he tried to save their jobs. Some clown who calls himself Tim From LR tried to claim that I was trying to save Bielema job right down to the end. That's pure BS.

I said after the South Carolina game that he was in job trouble and if he didn't get control of things in a hurry he was gone.

What Tim may have been referring to is a remark I made after the Ole Miss game. I said that with three games left if Arkansas won out, went to a bowl and won that game it would finish the season with a five game winning streak and even though the record would be the same 7-6 as the year before Bielema might be able to sell the idea to Long that winning five straight at the end including a bowl game is a lot better than blowing back to back games at the end of 2016.

That wasn't me saying Bielema should keep his job. It was me explaining a scenario where he might not get fired.

rtr

February 24, 2018, 03:50:05 pm #166 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:04:15 pm by rtr
Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 24, 2018, 03:33:59 pm
Sometimes you can confuse a media person laying out possibilities with that person actually wanting something to happen. I know Bo well and I don't think he had issues with Bielema being fired. I also don't think he was tied to Long.

He may have defended both over certain claims but that doesn't mean he tried to save their jobs. Some clown who calls himself Tim From LR tried to claim that I was trying to save Bielema job right down to the end. That's pure BS.

I said after the South Carolina game that he was in job trouble and if he didn't get control of things in a hurry he was gone.

What Tim may have been referring to is a remark I made after the Ole Miss game. I said that with three games left if Arkansas won out, went to a bowl and won that game it would finish the season with a five game winning streak and even though the record would be the same 7-6 as the year before Bielema might be able to sell the idea to Long that winning five straight at the end including a bowl game is a lot better than blowing back to back games at the end of 2016.

That wasn't me saying Bielema should keep his job. It was me explaining a scenario where he might not get fired.
Mike, did it all begin go wrong for Bielema when he ran off Chaney? That led to loss of Pittman or did the lack of OL and Defensive recruiting make his decline inevitable.

oldhawg

Quote from: rtr on February 24, 2018, 03:50:05 pm
Mike, did it all begin go wrong for Bielema when he ran off Chaney? That led to loss of Pittman or did the lack of OL and Defensive recruiting made his decline inevitable.

Well, his first season he was 0-8 in conference play, lost to Rutgers, and beat Samford by ten points.  Perhaps those were early indications that the Razorback program was in decline.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Hog N Bama on February 10, 2018, 12:08:24 pm
Bo's show is far better than those clowns in LR on 103.7. I'll give credit where due.
It's become obvious Bo has an anti Arkansas agenda.
No, we don't want sunshine pumping non stop. Nor do we want to hear negatives exclamated every 2 minutes either. It's like he wants to ensure anybody that just tuned in hears his condescending remarks by repeating over and over again.
We understand as fans there is much work to do.
Everything is NOT doom and gloom.
I believe this new staff will make the best of the players and recruits we have and the Razorback program will improve. Overnight? Of course not.
Just quit the constant negative poison.

Solid points.

I know what most people of Hogville would want Bo to say every day, and that's something along the lines of firing up his microphone everyday and talking about how Arkansas was going to win 10 games this year and every year no matter what.

Then, when that inevitably did not come true, those same fans would be calling his show and posting on here pissed off as to how "Bo was wrong" and "Why did he get our hopes up?" Typical darned if you do, darned if you don't situation.

What I want is realism. I don't care if the realism is as negative as 0-12 or as positive as 12-0, or (likely) somewhere in the middle. Just give me an honest view.

Don't sugar coat it. Don't dumb it down. Don't prop me up. That insulting to the listener. And honestly, I think Bo does a pretty good job of seeing things objectively and giving his opinion on how things are. Now, he is human and it was obvious he was in love with CBB and JL and was upset they got fired. But I'm willing to bet once season starts and he gets to know Morris that will change.

I'm not one of those fans that needs to be coddled and told how good everything is going to be. That's the problem with a lot of people who don't like his show.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on February 24, 2018, 08:11:32 pm
Solid points.

I know what most people of Hogville would want Bo to say every day, and that's something along the lines of firing up his microphone everyday and talking about how Arkansas was going to win 10 games this year and every year no matter what.

Then, when that inevitably did not come true, those same fans would be calling his show and posting on here pissed off as to how "Bo was wrong" and "Why did he get our hopes up?" Typical darned if you do, darned if you don't situation.

What I want is realism. I don't care if the realism is as negative as 0-12 or as positive as 12-0, or (likely) somewhere in the middle. Just give me an honest view.

Don't sugar coat it. Don't dumb it down. Don't prop me up. That insulting to the listener. And honestly, I think Bo does a pretty good job of seeing things objectively and giving his opinion on how things are. Now, he is human and it was obvious he was in love with CBB and JL and was upset they got fired. But I'm willing to bet once season starts and he gets to know Morris that will change.

I'm not one of those fans that needs to be coddled and told how good everything is going to be. That's the problem with a lot of people who don't like his show.

Good points and that brings to mind this question, why does anybody need to listen to a radio tlak show?  Do you listen to learn something, for entertainment value, to be coddled, embarrassed, angered?   

rtr

Bo had a lot invested in Bielema (Long too to a lesser extent) he comes across as somewhat bitter.

rtr

Drew a smite on that one, the girls are a little emotional.

idochog

It must be that time of the month for that little sissy called BO
I love Jesus!

rtr

Quote from: idochog on February 24, 2018, 09:10:19 pm
It must be that time of the month for that little sissy called BO
You are right, drew another one.  Such silly girls.

Melancholy_Pigg

I am just curious - is Bo one of those guys who bought in - all in for Bielema?

I don't listen to the guy's show.

When does it air and what is easiest way to tune in from Dallas?

rtr

Quote from: Melancholy_Pigg on February 24, 2018, 10:14:45 pm
I am just curious - is Bo one of those guys who bought in - all in for Bielema?

I don't listen to the guy's show.

When does it air and what is easiest way to tune in from Dallas?

He did.  He even produced a reality youtube series around Bielema.  The title was Being Bret Bielema.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 24, 2018, 08:53:15 pm
Good points and that brings to mind this question, why does anybody need to listen to a radio tlak show?  Do you listen to learn something, for entertainment value, to be coddled, embarrassed, angered?

For me, its to be entertained as well as to hear discussion on developing news stories. During spring and fall camp the practice reports are nice to try and keep up with what's going on. During season its nice to hear discussion on the matter. I like other people's takes on the season as enjoy it when the idiots call in. It can be a form of entertainment for sure

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 10, 2018, 07:08:24 am
2 threads and 6 pages talking about Bo, and yet, he makes fun of Hogville posters. He couldn't buy this much publicity. Ha!

Well, I used to listen to him,  and now I don't.

So I don't know how much this "publicity" is helping him.

idochog

I get to make fun of him without wasting part of my day listening.  How awesome is that
I love Jesus!

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 24, 2018, 08:53:15 pm

I listen for the entertainment. And I get that in 2 forms. 1- Bo does get some really good interview subjects. They bring a perspective you just cant get from homers. And they often talk about broader topics than just the Hogs or SEC. 2- I get a really kick out of some of the callers, and I enjoy how Bo or Mike often smack them down.

twistitup

Quote from: rtr on February 24, 2018, 10:22:25 pm
He did.  He even produced a reality youtube series around Bielema.  The title was Being Bret Bielema.

Why did the show end?

He's still being Bret Bielema....I've always thought the part of the show after he was fired would be the best.

Ratings would be through the roof as him and Bo get plowed at the East Side Grill all while taping the show.

Mike Irwin

Bo cut his teeth in the Miami radio market. He learned the business from a guy who knew how to get ratings. His current show is toned way down from what he was doing as a kid barely out of high school but he knows more about how to put together a show and make it work that anybody I've been around.

I hosted a show for about two years and it was a PIA to deal with. I much prefer to come on, say a few things and go away. Bo works at it. He's doing show prep most of the morning. He puts in more than an 8 hour day, I know that.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 26, 2018, 03:28:06 pm
Bo cut his teeth in the Miami radio market. He learned the business from a guy who knew how to get ratings. His current show is toned way down from what he was doing as a kid barely out of high school but he knows more about how to put together a show and make it work that anybody I've been around.

I hosted a show for about two years and it was a PIA to deal with. I much prefer to come on, say a few things and go away. Bo works at it. He's doing show prep most of the morning. He puts in more than an 8 hour day, I know that.

he works at having the same callers on day after day, letting them ramble.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DeltaBoy

Bo just doing what he needs to keep the Ratings up.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgboy64

Honestly, I was hoping CBB would have found a landing spot already and taken Bo with him.....
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain