Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cliff Lee, Chase Utley, and Ryan Howard experience

Started by bigpigpimpin, July 22, 2014, 08:11:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Attending a game in Tampa Bay, a buddy of mine took his son to see the Rays play the Phillies. His son, who is a very good baseball player himself, but only 10, approached Chase Utley outside the stadium to see if he would sign his ball and Utley was a complete dick to him and began to walk away. Standing there was Cliff Lee. The boy went up to Lee and was excited since Lee was from Arkansas. He said " Mr. Lee, will you please sign my ball? I know you are from Arkansas and I'm from Arkansas too and I'm celebrating my Birthday!" Lee told him that since Chase wasn't signing that he wasn't going to either. The kid was crushed, and turned away in tears. Apparently Ryan Howard saw the whole thing and walked over and said "hey buddy! Do you play baseball?" Fighting back tears, he answered yes. Howard said " well come here man I will be happy to sign for you!" Looking to the parents he said I'm sorry, as to apologize for the other twos actions. The boy went on to have a great birthday, getting several of the Rays to sign including Longoria, who was very nice, talked to him and signed for him. He went on to get 23 of 25 Phillies signatures over two nights. Pretty dissappointing that a guy from Arkansas would forget where he came from. Ryan Howard gained some new fans though.

pigture perfect

It surprises me about Cliff. I've been around him in Benton and I've known him to sign bunches of stuff.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

dhornjr1

Yeah, that's a little surprising about Lee, but not about Howard. I've always heard he's a class act. Too bad he couldn't have been a Cardinal.

clutch

Considering hes hitting .224 he'd fit right in.

jrulz83

Quote from: clutch on July 23, 2014, 12:11:57 pm
Considering hes hitting .224 he'd fit right in.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1 Post of the day in MLB.  :)
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.