Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dear Cardinals fans...

Started by Beantown Razahback, October 19, 2013, 11:12:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beantown Razahback

We're coming for you again!  >:(

But in all seriousness...from one great baseball town to another, glad to be back in the World Series with you. Two great teams, two great fanbases, two great cities. Best of luck, may the best squad win!

TomasPistola

Won't be no sweep this year. The Birds pitching is very good.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

clutch

Appropriate. Two best records in baseball meeting in the World Series. Can't wait to get cranked up. Go Cards!

GolfNut57

Time to get it on! Go Red Sox!
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on October 19, 2013, 11:12:43 pm

But in all seriousness...from one great baseball town to another, glad to be back in the World Series with you. Two great teams, two great fanbases, two great cities. Best of luck, may the best squad win!

Back at you, Bean. +1
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

Quote from: clutch on October 19, 2013, 11:42:55 pm
Appropriate. Two best records in baseball meeting in the World Series.

Jackrabbit Hog

I hear it's Lonborg v. Gibson in game 1.  We've gotta keep their leadoff hitters off the bases so Yaz doesn't come up with bases jammed.  And Flood will have to play a deep centerfield due to their power.  Thank God we've got Brock running the bases, and great defense up the middle with Maxville and Javier.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogMama0604

Oh we'll be ready for you tomorrow night. It will be fun.

Blue35

Welcome to St Louis. It is going to be a grand weekend to get your ass kicked.

HogMama0604

Quote from: Blue35 on October 25, 2013, 07:50:28 pm

Yes sir re Bob

pigture perfect

I hear the bet betwen mayors will be a case of beer against 3 lbs of beans. Somebody's gonna get gassed either way.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

Hope not.
Got into st. Louis tonight to hopefully watch the sox put it on the cards tomorrow night. My first World Series game. I,m excited but gonna be cold.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

HogMama0604

Quote from: hoglady on October 25, 2013, 09:31:01 pm
Hope not.
Got into st. Louis tonight to hopefully watch the sox put it on the cards tomorrow night. My first World Series game. I,m excited but gonna be cold.

Not a chance. Keep on dreaming.

clutch

Quote from: hoglady on October 25, 2013, 09:31:01 pm
Hope not.

I'm looking forward to that game. Ole sore arm Clay Buchholz will be pitching so I like the Cards chances. Anytime your pitcher tells your manager "I might have 1 more start in me this season" it's a good sign for the opposing team.

pigture perfect

Did he really say that? Even dumber was who released it to the media.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 26, 2013, 02:20:20 pm
Did he really say that? Even dumber was who released it to the media.

Yep. They were talking about it during the last game. I couldn't believe the Red Sox let that get out.

Beantown Razahback

October 27, 2013, 11:11:56 am #17 Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:59:17 am by Beantown Razahback

ooooooooh intimidating  ;)

Blue35

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: Blue35 on October 27, 2013, 12:35:11 pm
You can talk the talk when you walk the walk. ;)

Curious, since you talked it before walking it.

Boston RedHogs

It's amazing how similar these 2 teams are.  I can't remember a World Series matchup where the teams were as closely matched as this one

Let's Go Red Sox!

clutch

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 27, 2013, 01:17:30 pm
It's amazing how similar these 2 teams are.  I can't remember a World Series matchup where the teams were as closely matched as this one

Let's Go Red Sox!

I can't remember the last time the World Series actually had the two best teams in it. Really a perfect scenario. Two teams that match up great, both tied for the most wins in MLB playing a 7 game series to determine who the real champion is.

Beantown Razahback

You were the one who said....

Quote from: Blue35 on October 27, 2013, 12:35:11 pm
You can talk the talk when you walk the walk. ;)

Still a long way to go...see you on Wednesday night!

Dr. Starcs

Beantown, don't be using their own words against them. I got called names when I called them out on complaining about the umps these past two games.

Beantown Razahback

Surprising, since the umps were wholeheartedly praised for being outstanding in Game 3  ;)

Dr. Starcs

Heard one of the talking heads (on espn and from LA) say this has been the best officiated World Series he could remember.

Even though it will be tough for StL, I still think this could definitely go 7 and could see either team winning it. (I know that's being real bold). Lol.

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 29, 2013, 06:49:34 pm
Heard one of the talking heads (on espn and from LA) say this has been the best officiated World Series he could remember.

Even though it will be tough for StL, I still think this could definitely go 7 and could see either team winning it. (I know that's being real bold). Lol.

I think the calls have been pretty good too. The botch on game 1 was really bad, but they overturned it and got it correct. And I'm a Cards fan. I thought they did a good job with the call in game 3 too in a very tough situation. I've been happy with the umpiring. I've heard a lot of complaining about the strike zone, but I don't think it's been too terribly bad. We've had a lot of guys go down looking, but that's on them. It's the World Series, you've got to be swinging.

Beantown Razahback

My only complaint with the umpiring has been Dana DeMuth. The call in Game 1 was awful, and his strike zone all night long in Game 3 was just atrocious for both sides.

Dropkick

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on October 29, 2013, 08:30:33 pm
My only complaint with the umpiring has been Dana DeMuth. The call in Game 1 was awful, and his strike zone all night long in Game 3 was just atrocious for both sides.
Agree, his strike zone was horrible for both teams.

clutch

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on October 29, 2013, 08:30:33 pm

The game 1 call was bad for sure. I'm alright with a bad strike zone if it's bad for both teams. It's still evenly matched then.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on October 19, 2013, 11:12:43 pm
We're coming for you again!  >:(

Yes, I agree!

But we will win out and celebrate on YOUR field!!!!!!!

Even sweeter than winning in St. Louis.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: Notshavin on October 29, 2013, 10:05:19 pm
Yes, I agree!

Why would that be sweeter than winning out at home? We would have much rather clinched in Boston than in St. Louis in 2004.

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on October 30, 2013, 05:28:42 pm
Why would that be sweeter than winning out at home? We would have much rather clinched in Boston than in St. Louis in 2004.

That's actually a compliment.  Red Sox fans know the game well, just like Cards fans.  So watching them watch us celebrate would be great.  We've already won at home before.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Blue35

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on October 28, 2013, 10:30:12 pm
You were the one who said....

Still a long way to go...see you on Wednesday night!
Well here we are Wednesday night. I think the Sox win in 6. Matheny is getting out managed. Why in the world does he pitch to Ortiz, why does he let Wainwright go 100 pitches, why did he put a green rookie who does not listen in as a runner?  Bad decisions. Sox are playing much better than the Cards. It will be a long winter for the Redbirds.

hoglady

Looking for a Red Sox win tonight.
Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: hoglady on October 30, 2013, 06:33:19 pm
Looking for a Red Sox win tonight.
Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not a REAL Hog fan!!!

j/k

dacskc

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on October 30, 2013, 05:28:42 pm

I was at game 4 in '04. We sat up in the nether-regions of old Busch behind the right field foul pole (just awesome seats, lol), right in the middle of a bunch of Sox fans. It was really great fun. There were actually some fully decked-out Yankees fans there taunting them lol. As much as I hated losing, their reactions at breaking the curse were awesome and I honestly didn't mind losing so much (besides, when you're down 0-3, you're not coming back from that anyway). Hopefully, we win tonight, but if not, I'll live.

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: Notshavin on October 29, 2013, 10:05:19 pm
Yes, I agree!

And.....nope.

hoglady

Quote from: dacskc on October 30, 2013, 06:43:20 pm
I was at game 4 in '04. We sat up in the nether-regions of old Busch behind the right field foul pole (just awesome seats, lol), right in the middle of a bunch of Sox fans. It was really great fun. There were actually some fully decked-out Yankees fans there taunting them lol. As much as I hated losing, their reactions at breaking the curse were awesome and I honestly didn't mind losing so much (besides, when you're down 0-3, you're not coming back from that anyway). Hopefully, we win tonight, but if not, I'll live.

You lucky dog.
Sounds crazy but for long time Sox fans 2004 was an emotional win. The first thing I thought of was my Dad - and I wish he was alive to see it.
I went to game 3 this year sat in right field terrace the last row. The absolute best sporting event I've ever been to. Something special about baseball.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hoglady on October 31, 2013, 06:54:43 am
You lucky dog.
Sounds crazy but for long time Sox fans 2004 was an emotional win. The first thing I thought of was my Dad - and I wish he was alive to see it.
I went to game 3 this year sat in right field terrace the last row. The absolute best sporting event I've ever been to. Something special about baseball.
It's a beautiful game.  Congrats to all you sorry-arsed Sox fans. ;)

Beantown Razahback

Either team could have won this series just as easily as the other did...it was the type of series that reminds you how hard it is to win a World Series. May we meet again next year...

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on October 31, 2013, 11:22:23 pm
Either team could have won this series just as easily as the other did...it was the type of series that reminds you how hard it is to win a World Series. May we meet again next year...

The All-Star game unfortunately played a part in this series - what a dumb way to determine home field advantage.  Bud Selig needs to go.

I agree, it could have gone either way.  The Cards have a good chance of making it back to the World Series.  We are young and our pitching will only improve.

McKdaddy

The all-star game worked to our advantage in the 2011 WS -- and it was a dumb idea then too.  Change for the sake of change is all Selig did there.

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 01, 2013, 05:03:17 am
The all-star game worked to our advantage in the 2011 WS -- and it was a dumb idea then too.  Change for the sake of change is all Selig did there.

It doesn't make sense and I don't think it makes either team want to win it any more than before.  I would much rather see them just play it more laid-back, like the NBA does - I remember Ozzie Smith and others just having fun with it.  Behind the back catches, etc., just have fun with it.  I wouldn't even use starting pitchers, just throw it down the middle like in batting practice - that would be awesome.  But don't decide home-field advantage for the World Series!

Dr. Starcs

I refuse to watch any all star festivities/games of any sport. Waste of time.

gutshot

Quote from: Notshavin on November 01, 2013, 11:21:07 am
But don't decide home-field advantage for the World Series!

Especially when any uninformed "fan" can influence the roster by a computer vote. 

clutch

Quote from: Notshavin on November 01, 2013, 04:50:39 am
The All-Star game unfortunately played a part in this series - what a dumb way to determine home field advantage.  Bud Selig needs to go.

I agree, it could have gone either way.  The Cards have a good chance of making it back to the World Series.  We are young and our pitching will only improve.

I don't really have a problem with it. No worse than an alternate year system. Either system could work out to your advantage or to your disadvantage.

Needs to be team with the best record or higher seeding, however, this year that wouldn't have worked because both were even. Would have pretty much been determined by a coin flip.

clutch

Quote from: gutshot on November 01, 2013, 11:38:36 am
Especially when any uninformed "fan" can influence the roster by a computer vote. 

Now that part does suck when people vote in guys that haven't suited up all year just because that's the only name they know. Jeter has benefitted from this greatly.

Quote from: clutch on November 01, 2013, 11:43:59 am
I don't really have a problem with it. No worse than an alternate year system. Either system could work out to your advantage or to your disadvantage.

Needs to be team with the best record or higher seeding, however, this year that wouldn't have worked because both were even. Would have pretty much been determined by a coin flip.

In case of a tie like this year, how about that team's overall record in inter- league play?

Then if that is still a tie, then toss up the bat, and go hand over hand like we used to as kids.