Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Totally Understand A.A.'s Frustration

Started by damgoodestuffyhog, October 07, 2017, 05:42:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

damgoodestuffyhog

Sometimes the nonverbals coming from our QB are obviously a little frustrated or hopeless, which can be hard to watch. But you know what, I honestly can't blame him at all. He presumably has worked his butt off and is hoping for an NFL career. The amount of hits that he and his brother have taken over the last five years is mind boggling, and it appears to only be getting worse.

At the risk of over simplifying things, our biggest offensive issue is pass pro, and B.B. and company are asking A.A. to do the impossible. The play calling, knowing that our O line is struggling is ridiculous. I am no offensive genius, but a totally vanilla pro style offense with this O line is comical.

TNhawgfan

I feel sorry for AA having to play behind this line
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PrimHawg

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: damgoodestuffyhog on October 07, 2017, 05:42:01 pm
Sometimes the nonverbal's coming from our QB are obviously a little frustrated or hopeless, which can be hard to accept. But you know what, I honestly can't blame him at all. He presumably has worked his butt off and is hoping for an NFL career. The amount of hits that he and his brother have taken over the last five years is mind boggling, and it appears to only be getting worse.

At the risk of over simplifying things, our biggest offensive issue is pass pro, and B.B. and company are asking A.A. to do the impossible. The play calling, knowing that our O line is struggling is ridiculous. I am no offensive genius, but a totally vanilla pro style offense with this O line is comical.

I've been critical of AA as of late, but this is 100% true.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

damgoodestuffyhog

I am concerned about A.A.'s ability to stay healthy on the field moving forwards. If he has ANY change of going pro (I know many on here will post against this chance) BB needs to do the right thing and start spelling him for long stretches during the rest of the season. The least he can do for the kid is allow him to be healthy going into the draft evaluation process. The writing is on the wall and BB, if he really cares about these kids and this program, needs to start coaching a lot differently.

There is no reason to go into next year not knowing what Cole Kelley has to offer. BB owes it to whomever our next coach may be.

hawganatic

Maybe if AA displayed more leadership and less disdain for his team, they would play better.

Lack of leadership on the field is as much a problem as the lack of leadership from the sideline.

SuckingSow

damgoodestuffyhog

Quote from: hawganatic on October 07, 2017, 05:54:27 pm
Maybe if AA displayed more leadership and less disdain for his team, they would play better.

Lack of leadership on the field is as much a problem as the lack of leadership from the sideline.

That's largely how I felt until this game. This game, plus hindsight, cleared it up for me.

TeufelHog

Quote from: SuckingSow on October 07, 2017, 05:54:45 pm
He brings a lot of it upon himself.
TRUTH . . . quit whining, put the team on your back, tuck the ball and FREAK'in RUN IT AA!  You're going to take the hit anyway.

pigmania

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 07, 2017, 05:43:22 pm
I've been critical of AA as of late, but this is 100% true.
Both Brandon and Austin will probably get Parkinson's before they hit 50 from all the hits to the head they have taken as Arkansas QB's.

david464

I dont.. he under throws Jones by 5 yards..if you hit in stride it's a touchdown. Ogrady was open for 10 yards before Allen finally decided to throw it..except it was to the other team.

rzrbackramsfan

Between the players on offense and defense how can we as fans point fingers.  It seems like our coaches are so bad at playcalling and getting players prepared, it's hard to know which players are doing bad and which are just victims of this Bielema mess.

wachhog

Quote from: damgoodestuffyhog on October 07, 2017, 05:42:01 pm
Sometimes the nonverbals coming from our QB are obviously a little frustrated or hopeless, which can be hard to watch. But you know what, I honestly can't blame him at all. He presumably has worked his butt off and is hoping for an NFL career. The amount of hits that he and his brother have taken over the last five years is mind boggling, and it appears to only be getting worse.

I totally agree with you. What other talented kid is going to let B.B. ruin his prospects?

hawganatic

Quote from: TeufelHog on October 07, 2017, 05:57:38 pm
TRUTH . . . quit whining, put the team on your back, tuck the ball and FREAK'in RUN IT AA!  You're going to take the hit anyway.

THIS...  There's no excuse for a poor attitude, especially from your QB, who is suppose to be the on-field leader...

Make a play and get your teammates fired up.  It might help them raise their level of play...

pigelow

Kelly should start every game the rest of the season

rzrbk4life

I doubt Austin makes it the rest of the season. All those hits will catch up with him
Let's call those hogs!!!!

The Boar War

I can understand Allen's frustration with our line.  I can also understand our receiver's frustration with Allen.

bondhue

Quote from: pigelow on October 07, 2017, 06:55:21 pm
Kelly should start every game the rest of the season
After game one I told my brother CK would be the starter before the season was over.  He told me I'm crazy.  We were both right.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.