Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News has to be breaking today

Started by mj4president, December 05, 2017, 03:26:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

SquidBilly

And if it is Kiffin he won't be able to keep it under wraps for long.

Fay-hog

I am confused, is the plan to hire an average coach to get us to average so we can fire them in 3 hires to make a splash hire? 

I thought we just  did that.

navyhog24

Morris might be a good coach, but his name will not put butts in the seats. It doesn't get people excited.

Athog

YodaHog

We are introducing the new AD tomorrow morning at 10am so I'd be surprised if anything breaks before then.

Philip Seaton

Brace yourself for a guy who had 7 wins this season with three of those coming by 4 points or fewer to teams that had records of 3-9 or worse.

Hog N Bama

Wonder if Venables is wanting to move closer to home and ready to become a head coach. I would not exclude Venables yet

Dropkick

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 05, 2017, 03:44:45 pm
Brace yourself for a guy who had 7 wins this season with three of those coming by 4 points or fewer to teams that had records of 3-9 or worse.
Took him 3 years to get SMU to 7 wins wonder how long it will take him in the SEC?

theFlyingHog

Was he coaching at a rebuild job at a school that has Ivy League entrance requirements and has been irrelevant since they received the death penalty?

LawyerHog50

Probably will break soon.

Norvell wouldn't have signed the extension if they didn't tell him no.

They would not have told him no if they had their man.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

LawyerHog50

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 05, 2017, 03:46:56 pm
Was he coaching at a rebuild job at a school that has Ivy League entrance requirements and has been irrelevant since they received the death penalty?

They were relevant two years before him for a long time under June Jones.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Calling All Hogs

It has been obvious to me that Morris would be the pick as soon as Gus went bust. They are making a big mistake hiring a coach with a losing record to replace Bielema.

LRHawg

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 03:47:33 pm
Probably will break soon.

Norvell wouldn't have signed the extension if they didn't tell him no.

They would not have told him no if they had their man.

This. His signature of his Memphis renewal says our search is over. Just announce it already!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 05, 2017, 03:42:26 pm
Morris might be a good coach, but his name will not put butts in the seats. It doesn't get people excited.

Name may not but when he puts 40 ppg on the board the fans will come and love it.

axharbor

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 03:48:09 pm

Morris is the new SMU Death Penalty...

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Dropkick on December 05, 2017, 03:46:52 pm
Took him 3 years to get SMU to 7 wins wonder how long it will take him in the SEC?

That will be determined by talent CBB left.

CDBHawg

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 03:48:09 pm

Not hardly. Two years before him they were 5-7. June Jones went 36-43 there.

Großer Kriegschwein

Ouch.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 05, 2017, 03:58:01 pm
Name may not but when his defense gives up 40 ppg  the fans will stay home and love it.

FIFY

HogsterManOgster

ur

Need some norsberries in Dallas, Boca, Clemson. Surely we have hogvillians in those areas that can sniff out some scoop from the other side.

Spektre

Spit-balling, but I figure this is legit. My guess is Norvell was holding out on word for the Arkansas job before inking the extension. That extension has been in the works for a long time... they were just waiting on him to sign it.

He probably found out that he was no longer in the running and inked it after. If they're eliminating candidates, a decision is lurking.

go hogues

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on December 05, 2017, 03:48:43 pm
It has been obvious to me that Morris would be the pick as soon as Gus went bust. They are making a big mistake hiring a coach with a losing record to replace Bielema.
The only hope we have is that Jerry buys him some ace assistants.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

SlickWilly

Chad Morris's win percentage at SMU is 39%

But disregard that, he's going to set the world on fire the moment he gets in the SEC.

HogPharmer

Quote from: ur on December 05, 2017, 04:03:06 pm
Need some norsberries in Dallas, Boca, Clemson. Surely we have hogvillians in those areas that can sniff out some scoop from the other side.

Venables is in LR
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

apcapri

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 05, 2017, 04:00:11 pm

That's a .455 win percentage. Morris is at .389. June Jones > Chad Morris.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 05, 2017, 04:00:11 pm

well, Morris is 13-24 there. Looks like June Jones was 2x the coach.

Haters gonna hate

Quote from: SlickWilly on December 05, 2017, 04:06:36 pm

But disregard that, he's going to set the world on fire the moment he gets in the SEC.

Yeah a coach that is 13-24 in the AAC is going to set the SEC on fire 🤪

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Spektre on December 05, 2017, 04:03:47 pm
Spit-balling, but I figure this is legit. My guess is Norvell was holding out on word for the Arkansas job before inking the extension. That extension has been in the works for a long time... they were just waiting on him to sign it.

He probably found out that he was no longer in the running and inked it after. If they're eliminating candidates, a decision is lurking.

Smart people like our rich, educated AD, University staff, and BOT members (rolls eyes) wouldn't eliminate people until a coach is hired. Don't burn bridges unless you have to. that being said, if we don't get an announcement soon, I will doubt that our rich educated AD, university staff, and BOT trustees are smart at all.

Swestwill66

Quote from: SlickWilly on December 05, 2017, 04:06:36 pm

Yep! He just needs to be in a tougher conference to show what he can do with 3 star recruits.( sarcasm )

B Ray

Quote from: ur on December 05, 2017, 04:03:06 pm
I might be able to handle Boca

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Haters gonna hate on December 05, 2017, 04:11:49 pm
Yeah a coach that is 13-24 in the AAC is going to set the SEC on fire 🤪

Exactly. We better get a slam dunk hire if Norvell has been "eliminated". 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 05, 2017, 03:46:56 pm
come up with about 15 more excuses for his poor performance and I think you get a free set of steak knives! That's who we want as our new coach the one we have to explain away his past poor performance.

I am not absolutely against the guy, but with the possibilities out there this side of holtz and Horton we should be going bigger.

CDBHawg