Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just back from the game

Started by dawn2tusk, November 03, 2017, 11:04:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: azhog10 on November 06, 2017, 10:48:11 am
84th out of 347. Top 75% of NCAA D1 basketball. Not great but not horrible.

But with a Richardson disciple you would want that to be better.  Wasn't Richardson's motto "offense starts with defense"?  Man if Trey Thompson was a pimple on Big O's butt....

Loved that outlet pass!

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Pinto on November 05, 2017, 03:18:23 pm
Beard is definitely not the best perimeter defender we have. Hall is by far
I was referencing the non-newcomers. It does indeed sound like Hall will be the best perimeter defender, but does he play 15 minutes a game even? Beard, Macon, and Barford won't leave him many minutes.

Pinto

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 07, 2017, 09:33:11 pm
I was referencing the non-newcomers. It does indeed sound like Hall will be the best perimeter defender, but does he play 15 minutes a game even? Beard, Macon, and Barford won't leave him many minutes.

Hall will be starting and will be more valuable than Beard in the long run. He will def play 20+ mins per game

razorback1829

Quote from: Pinto on November 07, 2017, 09:48:01 pm
Hall will be starting and will be more valuable than Beard in the long run. He will def play 20+ mins per game

Agreed. Beard will be relegated to the bench probably by mid season. Same with Thompson even though I don't think he'll last until mid season, unless paired with Big Dan.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 07, 2017, 09:57:34 pm
Agreed. Beard will be relegated to the bench probably by mid season. Same with Thompson even though I don't think he'll last until mid season, unless paired with Big Dan.

How will Beard handle playing off the bench will be a big question. I'm with alot of others and think Hall will eventually be a starter.

Pinto

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 07, 2017, 10:02:30 pm
How will Beard handle playing off the bench will be a big question. I'm with alot of others and think Hall will eventually be a starter.

I mean...he should be used to it by now.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Pinto on November 07, 2017, 10:16:01 pm
I mean...he should be used to it by now.
crazy how he started his freshman year and that year could have been arguably the best team we've had since Beard was here!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Pinto

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 07, 2017, 10:26:30 pm
crazy how he started his freshman year and that year could have been arguably the best team we've had since Beard was here!

Some players peak early and regress instead of improving. Not to mention, Ky was still better than him regardless of who started