Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comparing #18 Arkansas to the Best Preseason #18's in College Football History

Started by edemire, September 03, 2015, 02:02:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

edemire

No college coach worth his contractual country club membership encourages looking beyond the next game. Even when it's warranted, as is the case this week with a UTEP team whose leaders aren't even pretending the program has a realistic shot at an upset.

No doubt, the Miners are major underdogs in No. 18 Arkansas' season opener.

But in the big scheme of things, so are the Hogs...

Entire piece here: http://www.arkansasfight.com/2015/9/3/9255547/comparing-no-18-arkansas-to-the-best-preseason-no-18s-in-college

It was fun going back to compare and contrast the Top 4 No. 18-ers all-time (UCLA, Georgia, Washington & Dartmouth(!)) w/ these 2015 Razorbacks. I was a little surprised to learn '71 Georgia's starting QB ended up playing almost a decade at RB in the NFL.

Who is the most recent starting college QB to convert into a full-time RB at the NFL level? (not counting dual-threat QBs)
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

razorbackkid

Interesting......but pointless.  Our preseason ranking is painted with a broad brush simply because of the strength of our conference.  Put us one or two spots higher or lower and the same "reflections" could be made, of course with different teams involved.

These tidbits are fun to look at and read, but really don't mean squat.  Imo.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

popcornhog

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 03, 2015, 02:19:02 pm
Interesting......but pointless.  Our preseason ranking is painted with a broad brush simply because of the strength of our conference.  Put us one or two spots higher or lower and the same "reflections" could be made, of course with different teams involved.

These tidbits are fun to look at and read, but really don't mean squat.  Imo.

Yeah. I don't think the OP was suggesting otherwise.
WPS