Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Season

Started by razorbackkid, September 02, 2015, 08:54:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackkid

A time out may be in order.

Like myself, many of us have dreams of a great season.  Gotta happen, it's our time.  Been riding this rolllercoaster forever.  It has to stop.

I'm tired of the ups and downs.  I'm dizzy from the coaching merry-go-round.   I used to love Sonic burgers, I used to enjoy riding my motorcycle.  I have always----and still do......love blondes.

The magic that makes every beginning of a college football season is real.  Of the 300 odd teams that begin the season undefeated, only one day....the first day, reduces that dream by half.

My team is good, great, .....the best.

It's funny how our wants, our dreams and desires are often measurably deeper than reality.  Nothing wrong with dreaming, but keep the dreams in context while awake.

I can't think of any thing better than the Arkansas Razorbacks going undefeated and beating the brakes off teams like Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Missouri.  Unless it's seeing these young student athletes fall short of the football side of life and excel in the world after the egg shaped football.

Mostly, we are football fans.  Saturdays' matter.   Sunday isn't the same with a loss on Saturday.  We still pray, but our prayers change from thank you Lord to Lord help us.

I'm thinking this year I'll not let my prayer change on any given Sunday, I'll just let the Lord know I appreciate the effort given and let the season unfold without losing my cool.

I believe Coach B. has us on the right path, if a misstep occurs during the season that doesn't change the path he's taken.

God Bless and Go Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:razorback:

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HawgLife4Eva

Of all the threads I have ever read...this is one of them.

hammer66

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on September 02, 2015, 09:01:46 pm
Of all the threads I have ever read...this is one of them.

That is fantastic!!

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.