Danny Sheridan

Started by Etowah, September 02, 2015, 03:10:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Etowah

870hogfan

RazorPiggie

Etowah

fanofthehog

September 02, 2015, 03:17:10 pm #4 Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:05:33 pm by fanofthehog
Quote from: 870hogfan on September 02, 2015, 03:14:46 pm
Who?
He is the half-brother of Robert Shields and he happens to be a bama hugger.

opineonswine

nchogg

We will have to let it play out. Predict all you want.

870hogfan

Glad games are played on the field and not on paper.

LRHawg

We beat A&M and he'll be changing his tune quick.

010HogFan

Tired of predictions. It's time to ball.

opineonswine

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 02, 2015, 03:22:56 pm

They're ALL worthless.  Play a few games and THEN predictions might be more meaningful.

HogFansReunited

Honestly he doesn't seem that far off, most realistic fans are saying we win 8 and maybe 9.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 02, 2015, 03:22:56 pm

Ding, Ding, Ding.... You are the winner. Let's play the games. It is time.

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 02, 2015, 03:16:21 pm
Sports betting guy.

You said it... his job is not to be accurate, it is to get money moving!
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

McKdaddy

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 02, 2015, 04:09:38 pm
Honestly he doesn't seem that far off, most realistic fans are saying we win 8 and maybe 9.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

GolfnHog

I'll give him his opinion but wasn't he also the messenger for the "bag man" at Aubbie? Think his credibility may need some rehabilitation still.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hogzilla Killa

I think this is how a lot of people feel about our team and that's why we are being labeled as a surprise team and best case win 10 games. Our expectations are just higher than those from out of state. When we go and win our first few SEC games of this season I think people will really start to look at us as a serious contender and not just a surprise team.

scorekeeper

Worst of the worse case 0-12 (NOT HAPPENING)
Worst case scenario 4-8
Likely scenario -  8 -10 win season
Best case obviously 12-0

The questions that this team has this season are
1. Can we continue winning the Time Of Possession? Break their will
2. Can we continue getting stellar play from the defense?
3. Can we make reasonable field goals? Put points on the board
4. Can we limit drive killing penalties? DISCIPLINE
5. Can we win the close games? We are Battle Tested

I see 10 wins. We will win our first 5 and last 5. The middle is a toss up.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 02, 2015, 04:09:38 pm
It's been my experience that "realistic" usually means "agrees with me".

Hoggish1

Hog N Bama

Quote from: opineonswine on September 02, 2015, 03:23:49 pm
They're ALL worthless.  Play a few games and THEN predictions might be more meaningful.
But, but, but, they THEN get to change their "predictions". That's like changing your bet after the game is played.
I just want to see Herbie embarrassed when the wheels fall off LSU and he regrets back pedaling the Hogs.  ;D

bigbadhog

Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

HogPharmer

Quote from: fanofthehog on September 02, 2015, 03:17:10 pm
He is the half-brother of Robert Shields and he happens to be a bama hugger.

Who is Robert Shields?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Only reason people are picking 7 wins is our reputation. We would've killed Oklahoma last year yet some are picking them to make the playoffs.  Time to start shocking people this year.

Wmhog

I follow the odds makers a little.  I'm surprised Danny Sheridan keeps his job!

sickboy

7-8 wins is a pretty moderate bet. Seems perfectly logical.

CokeHog

Given our brutal schedule, that is actually a relatively optimistic prediction, especially since most outsiders believe our defense will take a step back from where we ended up (which I don't agree with).
Go Hogs!

ballz2thewall

haven't followed him in years.

at one time sheridan was one hell of a handicapper. don't know about now.

however, he's never claimed to be a genius, and always saw things on a week-to-week basis. he was very popular during the 80's and early 90's for sure. like i mentioned, i've lost track of him. but, he was well respected at one time.
The rest of the frog.

hammer66

The Vegas odds for the over/under on the hogs wins this year is 8. To me that seemed like a great bet so I put more than I should have on the over. I just can't see this team with all of the returning players we have, as well as having Herb teaching them how to improve themselves physically and mentally, we don't improve dramatically. I've never heard JJ Watt say it is Herb who taught him how to live the lifestyle he does but after hearing interviews from both herb and watt, they say the exact type things. I think we have the top athletic trainer in college football, couple that with the amount of experienced players we have returning, I think over 8 is a very safe gamble.
The early Vegas line for the Auburn game came out, the hogs -6. That's says a lot to me

jgphillips3

8 is fair.  7 is absolute low side.

reddogjcss

Talk is over time to see it on the field!

pigture perfect

Three things are guaranteed every season. Bama will be good. Auburn will be picked to be better than they really are and the Hogs picked close to the bottom.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on September 02, 2015, 06:52:12 pm
Only reason people are picking 7 wins is our reputation. We would've killed Oklahoma last year yet some are picking them to make the playoffs.  Time to start shocking people this year.
Totally depends on when the Hogs played OU. Early in the season I would've picked OU to win. Later in the season I'd have taken Hogs.

Dirty

I'm ready for Razorback football!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Etowah on September 02, 2015, 03:10:51 pm
Hogs win 7...maybe 8.

It's all a guess at this point. No one knows how the ball may bounce for us this Fall, how injuries may effect us, how weather may effect us, just a lot of factors that will effect our season and, the seasons of our opponents as well.

Danny can get back to us at mid season and I think we will all have a much better idea of where the Hogs could be headed in terms of W-L.
Go Hogs Go!

nchogg

Quote from: pigture perfect on September 03, 2015, 12:47:52 am
Three things are guaranteed every season. Bama will be good. Auburn will be picked to be better than they really are and the Hogs picked close to the bottom.
Correct, we hear the same thing almost every year.