Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN: Who can actually win the College Football Playoff?

Started by HawgLife4Eva, September 02, 2015, 01:39:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgLife4Eva

Video where they quickly eliminate teams to go from 128 to the 15 they say have a chance at winning the CFP national championship this year:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13564841

presidenthog

ChiTown27

Quote from: presidenthog on September 02, 2015, 01:43:13 pm
this has nothing to do with hogs.

Thanks for saving me the time!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

NuttinItUp

The Hogs were eliminated in the second group by them saying they didn't ever win a national championship. Didn't we win one in 1964?

presidenthog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 02, 2015, 01:45:08 pm
The Hogs were eliminated in the second group by them saying they didn't ever win a national championship. Didn't we win one in 1964?
they said the first group had never won one. then eliminated us saying we had never won one either so idk.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: presidenthog on September 02, 2015, 01:46:40 pm
they said the first group had never won one. then eliminated us saying we had never won one either so idk.
The first group eliminated were non-power 5 schools. (Group of 5 schools.)

But, then they eliminated the Power 5 schools that said had never won one.

NuttinItUp

Looking it up, I guess they were going by AP national championship, and Bama won it in 1964 by that criteria:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AP_National_Championship_Trophy#Winners

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: presidenthog on September 02, 2015, 01:43:13 pm
this has nothing to do with hogs.
It has to do with the Hogs in 2 ways:
1) Why weren't they included in the 15?
2) They were mentioned when they were eliminated. (as already discussed)

HawgLife4Eva

duckman

Well there's 90 seconds of my life I will never get back....

bigred223

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

younghog

GO HOGS

HawgLife4Eva

presidenthog

Quote from: duckman on September 02, 2015, 02:11:39 pm
Well there's 90 seconds of my life I will never get back....
I tried to warn you... I felt cheated as well.

Greyhands

Calling All Hogs

aTm  made the cut because they won a National Championship in 1939? Seems legit.

HogPharmer

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on September 02, 2015, 02:16:40 pm
Better than Notre Dame.

The only reason they (along with FSU & Clemson) are understandably in this convo are because of their laughably easy schedule... They, like FSU or Clemson could fairly easily go undefeated and of course they'd be in the playoff... That's the only reason I didn't include them along with TAMU...

But to think TAMU could win the West... It's laughable. Are they still better than probably half of the other teams listed in that group of 15 that AREN'T in the SEC, maybe. But they aren't better than any of the other SEC teams listed there plus some that aren't listed (including Arkansas)
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

NuttinItUp

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 02, 2015, 02:40:19 pm
aTm  made the cut because they won a National Championship in 1939? Seems legit.
I would say if their defense improves, they should probably be in the conversation.

There are just so many unknowns at this point. (Too many to come up with a top 15, likely.)

Biggus Piggus

Don't you really want to see somebody new win a national title? That "they've never done it" argument is getting old.
[CENSORED]!

duckman

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 02, 2015, 02:54:33 pm
I'd put FSU behind some that you crossed off.

Me too but with the conference they play in they can get in the playoff.

HawgLife4Eva

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 02, 2015, 02:56:21 pm
Don't you really want to see somebody new win a national title? That "they've never done it" argument is getting old.
Has TCU ever won one?

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

nchogg

Another dah haa. Please wait until mid season before you start doing this stuff. As I said before "Really".