Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UTEP coach press conference - Ark Preview

Started by North hog, August 31, 2015, 08:43:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

YtownHog

On an unrelated note, when I pulled that site up the Miners Nike dri-fit shirt that showed on the ad is pretty sweet!

BOAR_N2BWILD

I like what he had to say about the Hogs. Very respectful.
Now let's kick their butts.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

lahawg1

I like Kugler, very much to the point and serious about what he's doing.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: lahawg1 on August 31, 2015, 09:31:49 pm
I like him too!  Seems like a good coach!

SamBuckhart

He is. I have no doubt that his team will play hard.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

donk

Ditto

TexHog188

Very intense no nonsense guy. I bet his team plays hard.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Greyhands

pigture perfect

He mentions that Mack Leftwich will be the starting QB. Is he the son of Byron?

Great PC. I like that guy as well.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rzrbackramsfan

I don't think I've ever heard an opposing coach talk about the hogs for 9 straight minutes.

Paul

maybe BB should put his name on the list he keeps in his desk should an opening on the staff opens up a la Enos ;)

verticalhog

I know Coach B has watched this PC and is impressed.  If he has an opportunity to run up the score, he won't do it.  He will respect this guy as he is a Coach B type of coach.  I'll be pulling for UTEP after they play the Hogs.

NuttinItUp

This guy is a class act. Hope we win, but don't embarrass them.

oldhawg

A press conference that is worth the time to watch.  The guy is very realistic about how his team matches up against the Razorbacks, but off camera I would bet that he assures his team that no outcome is predetermined (unless SEC refs are involved).  The guy has good presence in his interview.

Wild Boarnado

Thanks for the link. Great Analysis of our Hogs! I was impressed with him.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

DeltaBoy

Classy guy so let's keep it under 50 points.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Laughing Hog

I like hearing how this coach describes the Hogs. Makes you think we won the seccg last year. He appears to be a no nonsense, hard nosed coach.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Tortfeasor

I feel sorry for sucker that took the last plate of brisket.

010HogFan

swinemaster

hammer66

He is a very good representative as a coach. I know next to nothing about him but he seems like a great coach when hearing him talk about the game.
Of course, as highly as he spoke about the hogs, I think all hog fans will have an admiration for him.

lahawg1

If the ball team has the same attitude we must take them seriously.

The NewEra

Kugler is impressive.  His team will show up to compete.  They are going to be outmatched for sure, but he's trying to build a mini Bielema team over there.  Kugler is probably going to be a guy moving up the ranks of college coaches.  It will be fun to watch his career.

DeltaBoy

I know this he such a good guy that I will follow them this Season on the side.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

lahawg1

Very interesting how his time at UTEP and CBB's time with us are remarkably alike

Year    Team    Overall    Conference    Standing    Bowl/playoffs    Coaches#    AP°
UTEP Miners (Conference USA) (2013–present)
2013    UTEP    2–10    1–7    7th (West)          
2014    UTEP    7–6    5–3    T–2nd (West)    L New Mexico       
2015    UTEP    0–0    0–0    (West)          
UTEP:    9–16    6–10    

razorsharptusk

I like this Coach.  Very respectful and tells it like it is.  Sounds like another Coach I know.    BTW - Dennis Dodd picked UTEP to win according to CBS picks. 
GO HOGS!!

DeltaBoy

island hog

Dodd picks them against that spread ....not straight up.  33 points is a dang big spread. 

gibby

"Most physical team in the country."  Outstanding brand to have.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Thanks for posting.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: island hog on September 01, 2015, 02:49:50 pm
Dodd picks them against that spread ....not straight up.  33 points is a dang big spread. 

True that.
GO HOGS!!

HogShat

Nice interview. He'd be worth doing a little research on.

31to6

Quote from: verticalhog on September 01, 2015, 12:03:07 am
I know Coach B has watched this PC and is impressed.  If he has an opportunity to run up the score, he won't do it.  He will respect this guy as he is a Coach B type of coach.  I'll be pulling for UTEP after they play the Hogs.
Good sentiment, but never play with your food.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: 31to6 on September 01, 2015, 04:46:41 pm
Good sentiment, but never play with your food.

Yep. Even though their coach seems like a likeable guy, we still need to beat them, no matter if it's 70-10.

KennyForAD

Quote from: gibby on September 01, 2015, 02:52:46 pm
"Most physical team in the country."  Outstanding brand to have.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.  Thanks for posting.

"Most physical team... in the country."   Not Bama.  Not LSU.   Arkansas.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Kugler played unnamed Cobra Kai member in The Karate Kid
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Svrdhd

Talking about Arkansas for 9 minutes was to make sure expectations for a Miner win were quashed with prejudice.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Potosihog

He is a friend of one of our coaches.  Sounds like he got the script directly from them.  lets beat them by 40 and help them to their feet and off the field when it is over.

The Boar War

presidenthog

Quote from: Potosihog on September 01, 2015, 09:36:11 pm
He is a friend of one of our coaches.  Sounds like he got the script directly from them.  lets beat them by 40 and help them to their feet and off the field when it is over.
are you sure of this or just guessing? I would believe it because our staff has talked about him as if they know a little bit about his career knowing he used to be an oline coach (I believe in the nfl).

HogShat

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 01, 2015, 06:29:06 pm
Kugler played unnamed Cobra Kai member in The Karate Kid

Very clever +1... My Dumb arse looked it up... It's early shutup... However, IMDB did turn up that he was listed as an actor in a movie! He played himself as a UTEP Miners Guard in the 1988 Independence Bowl. Other notables in that production were Brett Favre who played himself as the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles Quarterback, and Andy Reid who played himself as the UTEP Miners Offensive Line Coach.

http://www.imdb.com/find?ref_=nv_sr_fn&q=sean+kugler&s=nm

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: HogShat on September 02, 2015, 08:23:19 am
Very clever +1... My Dumb arse looked it up... It's early shutup... However, IMDB did turn up that he was listed as an actor in a movie! He played himself as a UTEP Miners Guard in the 1988 Independence Bowl. Other notables in that production were Brett Favre who played himself as the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles Quarterback, and Andy Reid who played himself as the UTEP Miners Offensive Line Coach.

http://www.imdb.com/find?ref_=nv_sr_fn&q=sean+kugler&s=nm

Man, I love the fact that you looked it up.  Won't give you a hard time because it made me laugh.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: island hog on September 01, 2015, 02:49:50 pm

If the D is as good as most of us are anticipating, we'll keep them out of the end zone and cover this. 

HillBillyHogfan

I do too, but I really liked him when he used to spear people

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

hogwild6700

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Polecat

Dude looks like he belongs on the World Armwrestling League circuit lol. Seems like a no BS coach
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum