Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ACL Injury Prevention

Started by imtad16, August 31, 2015, 06:54:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MissippHog

Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing.

Tortfeasor

It's interesting too that he says artificial turf, no matter how good, increases the stress load on the knee resulting in more ACL tears. I wish we would go back to natural turf like Auburn is doing.

Inhogswetrust

September 01, 2015, 10:28:34 pm #3 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:46:35 am by Inhogswetrust
Good grief. Maybe we should ban modern ski boots and bindings since they are blamed for almost all acl tears in that sport. I know half of my family and friends have had them skiing. Before modern ski boots and bindings it was broken ankles and legs.............my point is there is inherent risks in all sports no matter what is used. That being said there are ways to lessen the probability of injuries and still have a game worth watching. I DO think practice routines is where that should start.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Tortfeasor on September 01, 2015, 09:19:56 am
It's interesting too that he says artificial turf, no matter how good, increases the stress load on the knee resulting in more ACL tears. I wish we would go back to natural turf like Auburn is doing.

To my knowledge, Auburn has never had anything other than a natural turf field.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tortfeasor on September 01, 2015, 09:19:56 am

I don't think Allburn has ever had artificial turf.  Lots of other things about them are artificial, though...

Tortfeasor

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 02, 2015, 04:41:41 pm
I don't think Allburn has ever had artificial turf.  Lots of other things about them are artificial, though...

You are correct. It's Ole Miss that is going back to natural turf for 2016.