Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DEPTH CHART

Started by Uncommon, August 31, 2015, 10:46:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jb11

Quote from: LRrazorback on August 31, 2015, 11:50:44 am
My biggest surprise- Bijhon Jackson, I thought he was a starter or solid second team. This shows he is an "or" with Mitchell Loewen for second team.

And JoJo
I think a lot of the "or"s are due to wanting to acknowledge a 3rd player at the position more than equal standing.  Kind of hard to call it a 2-deep and list 3 players.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: jb11 on August 31, 2015, 12:34:03 pm
I think a lot of the "or"s are due to wanting to acknowledge a 3rd player at the position more than equal standing.  Kind of hard to call it a 2-deep and list 3 players.

It is a depth chart not a two-deep. They can list as many as they want. You should see Ole Miss's and LSU's depth charts.
[CENSORED]!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: jjdlc on August 31, 2015, 12:20:06 pm
Doesn't surprise me, Hollister is big and physical, with decent hands.  He's not great at getting separation, but is good at run blocking.  I would imagine Reed needs some more time to learn blocking schemes and routes.  I'm sure this list will adjust as the season goes on.

Good points.

HogShat

Guys... Take a breath... Relax! Its almost here! More than likely all of these hands mentioned, and some that aren't will see some action Saturday. Somebody is gonna need a breather, somebody will just be given an opportunity to get on the field. This projects the starters not the entire gamers! 

Biggus Piggus

Update: Ryan Pulley is scheduled to play this season in the secondary. Willie Sykes is a possibility at free safety.
[CENSORED]!

Arthur pigby sellers.

Anyone seen Loewen  in the practice this year? He was fun to watch him come off the end of last year.   I would guess he will be a third And Long defensive tackle for us

supersaint

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on August 31, 2015, 01:01:52 pm
Anyone seen Loewen  in the practice this year? He was fun to watch him come off the end of last year.   I would guess he will be a third And Long defensive tackle for us
Good eye. He was playing fast and physical ate the end of last year.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

dsgreen

bennyl08

Quote from: dsgreen on August 31, 2015, 01:09:36 pm
Who is Alex Voelzke?

A former walk on Tight End who was given a scholly in 2013.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

scruf

Pretty cool to see the walk-on program develop under Coach B. The Hogs have always had a walk-on or two stand out but to see two R-FR walk-ons on the offensive two-deep (Rossi, Gibson), one on defense (Harris) with another recently going on scholarship (Richardson). Good stuff. The second-order effect is that it allows the coaching staff to redshirt scholarship freshman and build even more depth for the future. A third order effect is that it pushes many of the scholarship players to continue to compete for playing time. Good stuff.

DeltaBoy

I expect Collins or one of the other backs to do this.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 31, 2015, 01:40:53 pm

I expect Collins or one of the other backs to do this.

Man I forgot how fast Knile was...

hogfan870

I sure miss seeing JWill on that. 

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 31, 2015, 01:43:40 pm
Man I forgot how fast Knile was...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89542&draftyear=2013&genpos=RB

I remember his unofficial forty time at the combine was a 4.27 before the official came out a tenth of a second slower, which is still sub 4.4.

His numbers weren't too far off from Dmac's, and he did 31 bench reps to McFaddens 13. McFadden killed him in the shuttle and was all around faster, but Knile was an absolute freak athletically. His only problems were having bones made of glass.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Uncommon on August 31, 2015, 10:49:14 am
Most interesting move is Josh Williams to mike linebacker and Khalia Hackett to sam linebacker

I was thinking that's how it should have been in the first place. I think they did some experimenting and realized it wasn't going to work.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ldfergu

I bet Korliss Marshall is really regretting not getting his act together here. He could have been huge for us this season. I still think we'll be fine but hard not to think "what if"

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 31, 2015, 01:55:14 pm
I bet Korliss Marshall is really regretting not getting his act together here.

I doubt it.  He probably hasn't pulled his head out of his rear end yet, so he has no idea what's going on.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

dsgreen

Quote from: DCimport on August 31, 2015, 01:37:59 pm
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/alex-voelzke/

Yeah, I looked him up, just surprised to see a guy I've never really heard of listed as #3/4 in front of our monster TE recruiting class.  Don't think I've seen him mentioned much at all on here or in practice updates.

snoot hoggy hog

Jo Jo is suspended for the first half of the UTEP game.

"You recruit your own problems." -CBB

ricepig

Quote from: dsgreen on August 31, 2015, 02:44:47 pm
Yeah, I looked him up, just surprised to see a guy I've never really heard of listed as #3/4 in front of our monster TE recruiting class.  Don't think I've seen him mentioned much at all on here or in practice updates.

He's played a lot. We've used him when we needed blockers, more than receivers. By lots, I mean 5-7 snaps a game, depending on the game.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 31, 2015, 02:49:12 pm

By this, if you mean that the quality of kid that CBB/staff is recruiting puts at or near the bottom of #'s of and seriousness of arrests, and that he has suspended a kid for missing some summer classes, while other HC's suspend kids for a half of the first game for assaults, thefts, etc., then, yes, you are correct.

Very good and astute point.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

jacobp

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 31, 2015, 02:49:12 pm

What problem would that be? He missed a couple classes in summer and this is his punishment.

I wish we could "unrecruit" some of our dumbass "fans" sometimes.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: jacobp on August 31, 2015, 02:55:40 pm
What problem would that be? He missed a couple classes in summer and this is his punishment.

Amen!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: dsgreen on August 31, 2015, 02:44:47 pm

TE Coach Lunney did mention him in an interview, saying "hey, don't sleep on Jack Krause -- he's having a great camp".

Uncommon

Quote from: jacobp on August 31, 2015, 02:55:40 pm

Don't know if he's even a fan.  He's used Arky frequently in posts.  Smells funny.

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 29, 2015, 04:47:32 pm
The Arky vs. Ole Miss preview cracked me up.

http://www.sbnation.com/a/college-football-preview-2015/sec-schedule-review?_ga=1.36532384.1674215900.1440883407

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 29, 2015, 06:22:39 pm
The Arky Bama preview describes Saban and CBB to a tee.

Bigdavis

Quote from: Uncommon on August 31, 2015, 03:04:39 pm
Don't know if he's even a fan.  He's used Arky frequently in posts.  Smells funny.

Yeah. Dead giveaway that he's a troll from another school.

HogShat

Quote from: dsgreen on August 31, 2015, 01:09:36 pm
Who is Alex Voelzke?

He also has a sister named Savannah who is a standout on the Lady Backs Volleyball team. 

snoot hoggy hog

Was a fan all my life. Even before Darrell Walker was my next door neighbor while he was in high school (watch him play basketball with a tennis ball and a chitlin bucket).  Now dead giveaway that.

rhames

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on August 31, 2015, 03:49:51 pm
Was a fan all my life. Even before Darrell Walker was my next door neighbor while he was in high school (watch him play basketball with a tennis ball and a chitlin bucket).  Now dead giveaway that.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

jb11

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 31, 2015, 12:36:16 pm
It is a depth chart not a two-deep. They can list as many as they want. You should see Ole Miss's and LSU's depth charts.
Most depth charts are two deep. Coach B even called it a two deep in his press conference today.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on August 31, 2015, 11:55:40 am
Matt Emrich - cool stuff

a deep snapper who is also a punter

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Just hope he doesn't try to do both on the same play (kidding). I am  very impressed with th potential we have this year and the future.

Lake City Hog

MissippHog

I may have missed it earlier but it's good to see Hedlund has taken the reigns on FG's. 

TheRazorback500

Good to see Gibson hanging in at 2nd team LT.
Five true freshmen on the 2-deep, two on the offensive line.
Beanum "OR" Ledbetter bodes well at DE.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

bennyl08

game 1

post-spring

pre-spring

Changes
Started Cornelius or Hollister first string, then it became Cornelius backed up by Hollister or Hawkins, now it is Hollister or Reed.

Morgan or Mitchell I believe was edited out to reflect that there is a difference between backing up Hatcher and starting in the slot. Splitting the positions allowed Rossi to be listed on the two deep.

Voelzke got an OR after spring, though it certainly appears that was more for motivational purposes. Splitting the TE's allowed Kraus to appear on the two deep. Voelzke is still the back up at TE1, implying he would come in before Kraus.

Backup LT went from Merrick to Gibson. I think that plays more into the idea that Gibson improved so much they feel comfortable playing him and allowing Merrick to RS more than they don't think Merrick can play as a 2nd stringer and will have to redshirt.

Of note is that none of the other 4 positions changed. So, while there was some shuffling going around, it appears that there has been a lot of consistency as well. Also, while Rogers is listed as the backup center, coach mentioned that he really wants to redshirt him if possible. He will travel and practice like a second stringer would and would be the center if a major injury happened to smothers, but will not come in just to give him a quick breather or two, at least that is the plan.

QB has gone from listed all 4 guys, to leaving off Ty and having it be Austin or Rafe, to now just being Austin.

RB position has lost Williams. However, pre-spring, Walker wasn't listed, post-spring, Walker got an OR with Collins, and now game 1, RW3 has an OR with Walker.

At FB, Colquitt has been replaced with Cantrell.

DE has gone from Winston and Wise as starters to Wise Jr backing up Winston post-spring and that has stayed through summer. Backups have gone from Beanum and Brown or Hall, to Beanum starting opposite Winston and Wise and Ledbetter as the backups, to now Beanum or Ledbetter starting with Roesler the third in the rotation.

NG/DT has gone from Hodge backing up Bijhon, to Hodge starting and Bijhon backing up, to Hodge starting and Froholdt or Watts backing him up.

DT/DT has gone from Johnson being backed by Ledbetter, to Johnson backed by Froholdt, to Johnson backed by Jackson or Loewen.

SLB has gone from Hackett backed by NTS, to Williams backed by NTS, to Hacket backed by Eugene.

MLB from Williams backed by Harris, to Hackett backed by Harris, and back to Williams backed up by Harris.

WLB from Ellis backed by Eugene which didn't change through spring to now Ellis backed by Greenlaw.

Cornerback had Collins-Dean, Floyd and Toliver-Ravirez at the start to Collins OR Toliver - Floyd and Dean OR Toliver - Miller post spring, and now it is Collins-Tolliver and Dean-Floyd.

FS was Liddell backed by Dobson, followed by Liddell backed by Coley, and now Liddell backed by Richardson.

SS was Gaines-Coley-McKinney, then Gaines-Ramirez which has held on to this week.

bphi11ips

Still a young team overall.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

4 days and a wake up!!!

WPS!!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Nipsey Mussle

How many, if any, guys will redshirt that are in the 2 deep? Austin Cantrell perhaps?

bennyl08

Quote from: BBsTheMan on September 01, 2015, 12:35:50 am
How many, if any, guys will redshirt that are in the 2 deep? Austin Cantrell perhaps?

Not very likely. The only one in the two deep that coach has mentioned redshirting is Rogers, but if Smothers were to miss extended time, Rogers would lose his redshirt and take over center duties.

Also, there are a few guys not in the two deep that CBB has mentioned will likely play

duckman

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 31, 2015, 01:55:14 pm
I bet Korliss Marshall is really regretting not getting his act together here. He could have been huge for us this season. I still think we'll be fine but hard not to think "what if"

Not is the same league as RW3, we are all going to be shocked at how good this kid is...

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

September 01, 2015, 03:01:19 am #91 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:19:08 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

True Freshmen listed on the Depth Chart for Game 1

Offense:

LG    Josh Allen         6-2  300   Jacksonville, Fla.        -behind-      Sr  Sebastian Tretola  6-5  334   S. Bernardino, Calif
C      Zach Rogers     6-1  310   Carrollton, Texas        -behind-      Sr  Mitch Smothers     6-3  322   Springdale, Ark.
RB    RWIII              5-10  215   Dallas, Texas            -behind-      Jr   Alex Collins          5-11 215   Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
FB    Austin Cantrell  6-4   250    Roland, Okla.           -behind-      Jr   Kody Walker         6-2  256   Jefferson City, Mo 

Defense:

DT    Hjalte Froholdt    6-4   299    Svendborg, Denmark  -behind-    Sr   DeMarcus Hodge   6-1  340   Monroe, La
WLB  Dre Greenlaw     6-0   222     Fayetteville, Ark        -behind-     Jr   Brooks Ellis           6-2  242   Fayetteville, Ark

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 01, 2015, 12:55:22 am
Not very likely. The only one in the two deep that coach has mentioned redshirting is Rogers, but if Smothers were to miss extended time, Rogers would lose his redshirt and take over center duties.

Also, there are a few guys not in the two deep that CBB has mentioned will likely play

From Bielema's presser yesterday it sounded as if they would like to R/S Cantrell if they can. Sounded like he was on the bubble for that. Keep in mind that one of the reasons he is listed as #2 at FB is because Colquitt has been nursing an injury but I think Bielema said that they thought he would be ready for this weekend. At least I believe that is what he said.
Go Hogs Go!

PorkRinds

With Cantrell being a bit banged up for fall camp, I bet he redshirts. 

WorfHog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 31, 2015, 02:04:09 pm
I doubt it.  He probably hasn't pulled his head out of his rear end yet, so he has no idea what's going on.

Sounds like he's practicing and competing for the RB job at EIU. I doubt he's too worried about what going on here.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: WorfHog on September 01, 2015, 08:56:32 am
Sounds like he's practicing and competing for the RB job at EIU. I doubt he's too worried about what going on here.

He may be practicing and competing for the RB job at wherever university, but he's got his head up his rear.  With his considerable talent he'll probably run for a tons of yards (a ton being over 1000) even with his head up his rear end, and that's pretty impressive if you think about it.

azhog10

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 31, 2015, 03:03:20 pm
TE Coach Lunney did mention him in an interview, saying "hey, don't sleep on Jack Krause -- he's having a great camp".
Remember all the talks to OT for Krauss? He's at 235.........

hawginbigd1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 01, 2015, 07:20:06 am
From Bielema's presser yesterday it sounded as if they would like to R/S Cantrell if they can. Sounded like he was on the bubble for that. Keep in mind that one of the reasons he is listed as #2 at FB is because Colquitt has been nursing an injury but I think Bielema said that they thought he would be ready for this weekend. At least I believe that is what he said.
He also said Kendrick Jackson was playing FB which shocked me, I hadn't heard that anywhere before.

azhog10

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 01, 2015, 09:07:22 am
He also said Kendrick Jackson was playing FB which shocked me, I hadn't heard that anywhere before.
BC it's new. Said Kendrick came to them and asked to give it a try. He wants to play and thinks he can help the team in that spot considering hew as a QB in high school.

Biggus Piggus

Best news is that Josh Williams earned the middle linebacker job by improving his athletic ability and practice performance. They also feel Khalia Hackett is a solid starter at strongside linebacker, more comfortable there. Both played those positions last season. Williams upped his game and showed he could handle the MLB role.
[CENSORED]!