Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game day parking

Started by pa_rob424, August 29, 2015, 08:49:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pa_rob424

Hotel I will be staying at will be 2 miles away. Is there a shuttle to the stadium close to Holiday Inn on Shiloh Dr??  Really don't wanna walk 2 miles with kids!  Any help would be appreciated.  Woo Pig!!

dahogfan

Free parking at Baum East. That's the parking lot on the east side of Razorback Rd by Baum Stadium. There is a free shuttle running to and from the game.

in the residential neighborhood's west of Razorback Stadium some home owners will let you park in their yards. My guess is between $15 - $30.

pa_rob424

FANONTHEHILL

Another option is Fayetteville HighSchool.  It's $15 and just up the hill from Bud Walton.  You can park, walk down to the museum and gift shop in the arena, check out The Gardens tailgating and then head up to the stadium. Parking at Baum is alright, but shuttle can take forever after the game and the traffic in that lot is takes forever as well.  Hope this helps out and enjoy the game.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hawgbawb

can someone please advise me on the process for getting a vehicle into the tailgate area?
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: hawgbawb on August 29, 2015, 09:43:47 am
can someone please advise me on the process for getting a vehicle into the tailgate area?

:D

pa_rob424

Great info!  My daughter said last night, "I am watching football with you next Saturday and there is nothing you can do about it."  So I surprised her this morning with tickets. It will be my daughter and wife's first Hog game, making the trip from Illinois. I am so pumped!!!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: pa_rob424 on August 29, 2015, 09:59:50 am
Great info!  My daughter said last night, "I am watching football with you next Saturday and there is nothing you can do about it."  So I surprised her this morning with tickets. It will be my daughter and wife's first Hog game, making the trip from Illinois. I am so pumped!!!

Best post of the year

That's awesome man

HawgLife4Eva

Donate lots of $$$ ?

hawgbawb

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on August 29, 2015, 01:26:32 pm
Donate lots of $$$ ?
I know you need a hang tag, just not sure how to get one. You're probably right though, via Razorback Foundation maybe?
I post, therefor I am.

RazorbackRon

just ride your hoverboard between the cars.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgbawb on August 29, 2015, 01:46:18 pm
I know you need a hang tag, just not sure how to get one. You're probably right though, via Razorback Foundation maybe?

Seriously, you don't know?

hawgbawb

Quote from: ricepig on August 29, 2015, 02:23:36 pm
Seriously, you don't know?
I'm serious. I just moved back to Arkansas a couple of years a go and have been too busy and too financially strapped  with launching a business to go to any games.
I post, therefor I am.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgbawb on August 29, 2015, 03:15:01 pm
I'm serious. I just moved back to Arkansas a couple of years a go and have been too busy and too financially strapped  with launching a business to go to any games.

Then yes, you need to see the RF. I believe it takes a $750 donation along with your season ticket purchase to acquire one. The more you give, the closer you get to the stadium.

hawgbawb

Quote from: ricepig on August 29, 2015, 04:07:47 pm
Then yes, you need to see the RF. I believe it takes a $750 donation along with your season ticket purchase to acquire one. The more you give, the closer you get to the stadium.
Thanks, Ricepig.

I promise to eat even more rice.  ;)
I post, therefor I am.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgbawb on August 29, 2015, 04:35:55 pm
Thanks, Ricepig.

I promise to eat even more rice.  ;)

I don't care if you eat it, as long as you buy it! 

arkbuck

It's an extra $600 per spot for the tailgating spots. Which lot depends on donor level.

CampuspostmanHOG

You can park at Harmon Ave Parking Garage for $10. Easy leaving from there on to Dickson Street.

20hog11

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on August 29, 2015, 08:03:24 pm
You can park at Harmon Ave Parking Garage for $10. Easy leaving from there on to Dickson Street.

My preferred place to park. Unfortunately, my wife gets tired from having to walk a pretty good distance to the stadium. We will try Baum stadium parking this year.

Edit: The walk back to the Harmon garage after a loss is the worst. I personally refer to it as the walk of shame.

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: 20hog11 on August 29, 2015, 08:18:16 pm
My preferred place to park. Unfortunately, my wife gets tired from having to walk a pretty good distance to the stadium. We will try Baum stadium parking this year.

Edit: The walk back to the Harmon garage after a loss is the worst. I personally refer to it as the walk of shame.

The walk to the stadium isn't bad, it's down hill most of the way. But it's a hell of hill going back from the Stadium.

hawgbawb

Quote from: ricepig on August 29, 2015, 04:39:47 pm
I don't care if you eat it, as long as you buy it! 
I buy it. I cook it. I eat it.  Not a potatoes man--I'm a stir fryin dude.
I post, therefor I am.

Reservoir Hogs

also a bunch of houses up off Cleveland or Razorback that rent spots in their yards.  Plenty of people tailgating back there.  We always set up here, lots of tailgates and everyone very accommodating to guests, pig fans or opponents. 

http://www.clevelandhillparking.com/

George S. Pigton

Quote from: hawgbawb on August 29, 2015, 01:46:18 pm

If you go early to the Baum Lots no hang tang is required and it is free.  I think the Garden's have some first come first come spots but
you might call the foundation to double check that.  The rest of the spots around the campus usually are associated with a specific parking spot
but there are spots on Maple that people just pull up to, jump out with their gear and tailgate.  I'm sure they have to park some distance away but
if you are okay with waiting for the traffic to clear after the game that would not be a problem.

You can also buy a spot from one of the private lots to the north and west of the stadium and tailgate there.  I think there are some private
spots to the east of Bud Walton as well.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

FANONTHEHILL

We have always arrived early and pulled into Lot 56B.  On Leroy Pond Dr. just south of Bud Walton.  Be early, before lot begins filling up.  Tell them "we're just unloading" at the entrance.  Go unload, have someone stay with the gear and go park up at Fayetteville High for $15.  We leave our setup during game time.' TV, generators, etc. and no one has ever messed with any of it.  After the game, go back to the tailgate, relax for a few minutes and then head back to get your car when traffic clears.  Normally about 30-40 minutes.  Pull back into 56B, load up and head home. We've done this since the Gardens opened.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ImHogginIt

Are they still requiring students to move their cars to Baum the night before games ? When they do that they tend to park next to a lot of green grassy areas they we could use for tailgating.  >:(

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on August 31, 2015, 06:43:19 am
Are they still requiring students to move their cars to Baum the night before games ? When they do that they tend to park next to a lot of green grassy areas they we could use for tailgating>:(

you'll need it

razorrog1

Does anyone know what time shuttle runs begin from Baum?

GolfnHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 29, 2015, 04:07:47 pm

That is not necessarily a true statement! I transferred 2 tickets to my younger brother and he got parking N of the Stadium between Maple & Douglas off of Lindell St. I've been stuck in Lot 56 since 2001. He's only been donating for 3 years now and he got that spot his first year.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

RazorbackRon

Quote from: razorrog1 on August 31, 2015, 02:19:51 pm

I think it's about 3-4 hrs before kickoff.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

ricepig

Quote from: GolfnHog on August 31, 2015, 02:33:27 pm
That is not necessarily a true statement! I transferred 2 tickets to my younger brother and he got parking N of the Stadium between Maple & Douglas off of Lindell St. I've been stuck in Lot 56 since 2001. He's only been donating for 3 years now and he got that spot his first year.

Maybe he's donating more than you think, lol......

widespreadsooie

Quote from: pa_rob424 on August 29, 2015, 08:49:19 am
Hotel I will be staying at will be 2 miles away. Is there a shuttle to the stadium close to Holiday Inn on Shiloh Dr??  Really don't wanna walk 2 miles with kids!  Any help would be appreciated.  Woo Pig!!

Find the corner of Cleveland and Oakland, I'll be parking cars for $15. I have about 20 spots and will be out there by 10AM. Short walk to the stadium, less than 10 minutes. May even give you a cold one to enjoy on the first day of football, that goes for any Hogville member who would like to park in my yard.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 31, 2015, 04:19:56 pm
Find the corner of Cleveland and Oakland, I'll be parking cars for $15. I have about 20 spots and will be out there by 10AM. Short walk to the stadium, less than 10 minutes. May even give you a cold one to enjoy on the first day of football, that goes for any Hogville member who would like to park in my yard.

I may take you up on this offer.

widespreadsooie

dahogfan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on August 31, 2015, 05:44:56 am
We have always arrived early and pulled into Lot 56B.  On Leroy Pond Dr. just south of Bud Walton.  Be early, before lot begins filling up.  Tell them "we're just unloading" at the entrance.  Go unload, have someone stay with the gear and go park up at Fayetteville High for $15.  We leave our setup during game time.' TV, generators, etc. and no one has ever messed with any of it.  After the game, go back to the tailgate, relax for a few minutes and then head back to get your car when traffic clears.  Normally about 30-40 minutes.  Pull back into 56B, load up and head home. We've done this since the Gardens opened.

Unfortunately, the RF has changed policies and Hang Tags this year. If you do not have a hangtag for the lot you are trying to drop off in, you will not be allowed in to that lot. The Foundation has issued individual parking passes for each game just like individual tickets for each game. If your ticket is used to get into the game you are not supposed to leave and re-enter. Same will go for your parking pass. Once you enter, if you leave you will not be allowed to re-enter.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on August 29, 2015, 08:03:24 pm

AND it is a beautiful walk.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

RazorbackRon

Quote from: razorrog1 on August 31, 2015, 02:19:51 pm

Looked it up in the Fan Guide .... shuttles begin 4 hrs before game time.

GolfnHog

Quote from: ricepig on August 31, 2015, 04:10:08 pm
Maybe he's donating more than you think, lol......

Good point but I know what he gave the 1st year and that was to match what I had been giving just so he could get the tickets transferred.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

ricepig

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 01, 2015, 07:19:09 pm
Good point but I know what he gave the 1st year and that was to match what I had been giving just so he could get the tickets transferred.

Who knows, maybe he isn't as difficult as you, lol. You could ask, you know??

GolfnHog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 31, 2015, 04:19:56 pm

Great parking location and the walk DOWN is a breeze but that trek up after the game is a calf and lung burner but worth the effort.  :) :)

ricepig

Quote from: GolfnHog on September 01, 2015, 07:22:54 pm
Great parking location and the walk DOWN is a breeze but that trek up after the game is a calf and lung burner but worth the effort.  :) :)

Yeah, my oldest had a Maple Hill parking permit, quick down the hill, slow coming up.

TheHogWhisperer

The Grease Pig next to Wendy's... ask to back up to the building in the front, walk over to the handicap shuttles to ride up to your gate... You will have to walk back to the car but it's all down hill!!! Cost you $20 to park... easy out back to the freeway.. my 2 cents...

rangertaunton

Mess with the boar,get the tusks!!!

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Quote from: pa_rob424 on August 29, 2015, 09:59:50 am
I agree! Best post so far this year! WOO PIG !!!!!!!