Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Hogville.net CFB Pick'em

Started by WilsonHog, August 03, 2015, 08:23:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

August 03, 2015, 08:23:25 am Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:51:06 pm by Tom Bennett
Hogville.net will once again do a weekly college football pick 'em in 2015. All you need to do to participate is go to the top of MMQB, click on the "Football" button under Quick Links, and proceed.

I will sticky a post on MMQB each week to announce the results from the previous week and the opening of the pick 'em for the upcoming week. 

Here are the general rules: 

(1) The first week of games will start on Thursday, September 3rd. Games for that week will be posted in the next couple of weeks.

(2) The pick 'em for each week will be opened no later than Sunday evening, which will allow me time to return from Fayetteville on home game weekends. Standings will also be updated no later than each Sunday evening. The exception to this rule will be the first week of the season, which will include games on Sunday and Labor Day. Deadline to submit picks will be 6:00 p.m. on Thursdays, unless earlier games require an earlier date (i.e., Thanksgiving). If that is the case, posters will be notified by sticky on MMQB.

(3) There will be 15 games per week. I may select those games from Division I-A, Division I-AA, and small college. Most games will involve BCS schools, but I reserve the right to pick at least one non-BCS game every week. Preferences will be given to SEC games and to rivalries. Arkansas games may be included, unless we're playing directional schools (i.e., we ain't gonna pick Arkansas vs. UT-Martin). I spend about an hour each week selecting the games to be picked; my goal is to pick games you'll have to put some thought into. If that means I need to throw Harvard and Yale in there, so be it.       

(4) The winner will be determined by the total number of games picked correctly over the course of the entire season, which will end conference championship weekend. I also anticipate putting together a separate Hogville.net Bowl Pick 'em this year. More on that later.   

(5) Winner-take-all, with the prize money being $300.00 this season.

If anyone has any questions, please either post them in this thread or PM me and I will be glad to help.

The summer doldrums are almost over!

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

razorbackfan86

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on August 03, 2015, 10:41:19 am
Still $10,000 for the winner?  8)

Pretty sure I got $25,000 for winning.

LRRandy

I enjoy the pick em contest. Thanks for putting it together.
This is fun, isn't it.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

reddogjcss

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

HOGfaninLA

Quote from: Tom Bennett on August 03, 2015, 08:23:25 am
Hogville.net will once again do a weekly college football pick 'em in 2015. All you need to do to participate is go to the top of MMQB, click on the "Football" button under Quick Links, and proceed.

I will sticky a post on MMQB each week to announce the results from the previous week and the opening of the pick 'em for the upcoming week. 

Here are the general rules: 

(1) The first week of games will start on Thursday, September 3rd. Games for that week will be posted in the next couple of weeks.

(2) The pick 'em for each week will be opened no later than Sunday evening, which will allow me time to return from Fayetteville on home game weekends. Standings will also be updated no later than each Sunday evening. The exception to this rule will be the first week of the season, which will include games on Sunday and Labor Day. Deadline to submit picks will be 6:00 p.m. on Thursdays, unless earlier games require an earlier date (i.e., Thanksgiving). If that is the case, posters will be notified by sticky on MMQB.

(3) There will be 15 games per week. I may select those games from Division I-A, Division I-AA, and small college. Most games will involve BCS schools, but I reserve the right to pick at least one non-BCS game every week. Preferences will be given to SEC games and to rivalries. Arkansas games may be included, unless we're playing directional schools (i.e., we ain't gonna pick Arkansas vs. UT-Martin). I spend about an hour each week selecting the games to be picked; my goal is to pick games you'll have to put some thought into. If that means I need to throw Harvard and Yale in there, so be it.       

(4) The winner will be determined by the total number of games picked correctly over the course of the entire season, which will end conference championship weekend. I also anticipate putting together a separate Hogville.net Bowl Pick 'em this year. More on that later.   

(5) Winner-take-all, with the prize money being $300.00 this season.

If anyone has any questions, please either post them in this thread or PM me and I will be glad to help.

The summer doldrums are almost over!

Awesome! Thanks for doing this!