Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Butler vs Arkansas

Started by BannerMountainMan, March 16, 2018, 02:24:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

systemroot

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on March 16, 2018, 02:37:24 pm
Don't know what happened in the Dustin Thomas deal but this team hasn't been right since.

He could not stay off the weed!

Hogsolo

Crap... this team always plays bad when they get cocky. Had a bad feeling about this listening to the player interviews this week.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: elksnort on March 16, 2018, 02:35:09 pm
okay will you tell us when it's time to complain. Getting beat 21-2 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament 2 team that your higher seed than.
It's the typical Mike Anderson coached inconsistent b*******
No need to tell you, thats literally what you guys do

Tejano Jawg

I just got in a about 10 minutes ago...and it was 12-2. When I turned the TV on, in the first 5 seconds of our offensive possession, we looked strange. Can't explain it, just odd, uncertain, unorganized. And it's gone downhill sense.

If we don't figure it out, we'll be done by half. The last 2 minutes have looked better.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TNhawgfan

Don't know what happened in the Dustin Thomas deal but this team hasn't been right since.
We played good against Florida
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

TomasPistola

He was a glue guy. You don't see him a bunch in the stats, but he kept things together.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

BigSexyHog

Couldn't have asked for a better start....Geez.... Still plenty of time just gotta take 1 possession at a time.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

steveaustin69

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 02:37:05 pm
not one of their threes are open! Have you even watched, they are all with 3 seconds on the shot clock!

Have you watched? They are open threes.

Sho Nuff

So this is what we get with a senior laden team in the tournament.  I don't think we will ever do anything significant under Mike, this was his best chance.

Oliver

Is it illegal for us to run plays to set up open 3s against one of the worst three defending teams in college basketball

HeyHogs

LRHawg

Hall's rebound sums up this game so far. Can't even grab a soft loose ball.

trippigs

Leaving this thread.....hogs look bad but don't want to multiply the pain by ill wind on here

HawgHeadCheese

I think we will be ok Butler doesn't look that great against the pressure.

gchamblee

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on March 16, 2018, 02:35:09 pm
Yep fire Mike

you're an idiot. you should have been banned when you said Beard is a black eye to the university. Anyone that thinks you have a clue about what you are talking about regarding Arkansas Sports deserves their jimmy being rustled.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

HamHands

One day at a time.

elkhog

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 16, 2018, 02:35:49 pm
I don't think we even got off the bus. Wow no life in this team.

I noticed that.  It's like they all just crawled out of bed.  No energy and clumsy as hell.
GO HOGS!!!

ishankem

Hey, at least we made the tournament

KentuckyFan

The_Iceman

All this media hype about "Unfinished Business" and looking at what suit and tie Mediocre Mike was going to wear.....how about just frickin preparing your team for their biggest game of the year?!?!?

Tejano Jawg

Small guy having his way with Gafford, pushing him around. So he's ready for the League?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hawgdavis

gchamblee

oh look. everyone that claimed the game was over in the first 5 minutes might be emotional reactionary tools lol

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

elksnort

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 16, 2018, 02:34:50 pm
Butler can't miss a three!!!
you got to be kidding it's all about Butler huh

99toLife

Quote from: KentuckyFan on March 16, 2018, 02:39:52 pm
The game isn't over fellas.

I agree, bad start, but coming back in a hurry.

RaisinHog

I think the press may be good here... Butler looks a little scared of it

LJHOG

Can't watch the game.  Just checked the score on ESPN.  The refs must really be hosing us, LOL!

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 02:38:35 pm
Is it illegal for us to run plays to set up open 3s against one of the worst three defending teams in college basketball

I hear you. We have the two best 3pt shooters in the league but we don't try to get them good looks.

collins4heisman

make these 2 free throws were only down by 9. Game is far from over

elkhog

I'm going to do something I never do during a game.  Go get a drink.
GO HOGS!!!

Oliver

Quote from: LJHOG on March 16, 2018, 02:40:51 pm
Can't watch the game.  Just checked the score on ESPN.  The refs must really be hosing us, LOL!

It's always the refs

LRHawg

We're going to need Gafford to win this one. It is winnable.

PonderinHog

HawgHeadCheese

We have tighted up on defense. They aren't that great off the dribble besides Baldwin so the switch defense is working. We just have to stop helping so much

LRSmitty79

So sick of Anderson's bulls......he needs to be gone.  This year was mediocre and next year is going to be really bad with no Barford, Macon or Gafford. 

Hog Pharm

Quote from: KentuckyFan on March 16, 2018, 02:39:52 pm
The game isn't over fellas.

Going to have to a better job on d. They're still getting wide open looks.

Oliver

Quote from: elkhog on March 16, 2018, 02:41:11 pm
I'm going to do something I never do during a game.  Go get a drink.

I can't fathom being a Razorback fan that doesn't drink.  Sado-masochist?

razorbackchamps94

They will get it going .. But like Tenn game might have dug a hole early.

hog47

Can't stand to watch! Turned off when we're down 18.  We just don't usually come back from that.

artyhog

They just need to settle down.  Get the last 10 minutes behibd them.

Beaverfever

Not too sure why it took so long to get Hall in the game but I'm glad he's in now.

BannerMountainMan

Down 11 with 30 minutes left!! Oh no it's over
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

AHorseWithNoName

We wanted to lull them to sleep.  Get them over confident.  Then come storming back.  Yeah, that's what i'm telling myself as i kick my couch and chug another beer!
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

razorbackchamps94

HawgHeadCheese

Great help side block by Hall. I initially thought that was a foul.

hoglady

We miss him terribly. I understand their are rules that have to be enforced but man it's hurt the team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

elksnort

Obviously the game is not over but the inconsistent start it's just so painful to watch and it makes it much harder on yourself