Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just not a fan of Jimmy Dykes

Started by checkraiser88, December 16, 2017, 08:22:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

He's just overly critical about everything. I enjoy some of the personalities on SEC network, including Pat Bradley. Dykes was overrated as a commentator, a coach, etc. I'm sure I'll get basted because he's got supporters on here but he's just not um NOT FUN??

IronMountainHog

My opinion of him changed last year over the players kneeling during the anthem. And for supporting his players, they repaid him how? Some quit, some transferred, they played like darn and cost him his job.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I like Jimmy. Overrated as a coach? I didn't think anyone considered him that great.

He is a very good color guy IMO

swineology

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 16, 2017, 08:22:45 pm
He's just overly critical about everything. I enjoy some of the personalities on SEC network, including Pat Bradley. Dykes was overrated as a commentator, a coach, etc. I'm sure I'll get basted because he's got supporters on here but he's just not um NOT FUN??

His faith and his political views don't line up.

Glad he's back at ESPin.
Jimmy is his biggest fan.

#talkinghead

HogFoo

I always thought he was a decent commentator. Not so much coach.  His allowing of the team to kneel cost him his job. The only team that did that was the Razorbacks. And like previous poster said they repaid him by leaving. But from what I heard there are other reasons why they left.  But him being ok with the kneeling BS definitely did NOT sit well with some powerful people.  Glad he got a job tho.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Dr. Starcs

Sucked as a coach. Decent commentator. Another boyfriend of Jeffy

hawgfan4life

He always makes me want to throw stuff at the TV.  Zero respect for him as a commentator.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: HogFoo on December 16, 2017, 09:01:17 pm
I always thought he was a decent commentator. Not so much coach.  His allowing of the team to kneel cost him his job. The only team that did that was the Razorbacks. And like previous poster said they repaid him by leaving. But from what I heard there are other reasons why they left.  But him being ok with the kneeling BS definitely did NOT sit well with some powerful people.  Glad he got a job tho.

I definitely turned against him over it.  I immediately stopped following the team.  Thrilled with the coaching change so I can follow them again.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

jdlew

I don't have to like him...but he knows what he's talking about..

hawginbigd1

Sorry I can't name 10 better, he knows what he's talking about and is very well spoken, does great in studio and court side.

hogfanny

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 16, 2017, 09:06:27 pm
Sucked as a coach. Decent commentator. Another boyfriend of Jeffy
Yep. Spineless bustard. Tell em stand up or hit the road!!

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: HogFoo on December 16, 2017, 09:01:17 pm

he was not okay with them kneeling

he hated that they kneeled

wpswillriseagain

Have a buddy who coached against him when he coached high school. My buddy was 1-1 and the time he won he said Jimmy was the biggest jerk, wouldn't talk to him, said he cheated. When Jimmy won he wanted to act like his best friend.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on December 16, 2017, 10:04:38 pm
he was not okay with them kneeling

he hated that they kneeled
He was their leader, and he folded like a cheap WalMart tent. He failed not only as a leader, but also as a coach.

traffordhog

What does his faith and politics have to do with this? His coaching was suspect but an all around decent and respected guy. 

You pansies and your kneeling. You protest more than the kneelers.

Athog

Quote from: hogfanny on December 16, 2017, 10:01:21 pm
Yep. Spineless bustard. Tell em stand up or hit the road!!

What does that mean? Makes no sense but not surprised!

bobohog

Quote from: traffordhog on December 16, 2017, 10:12:43 pm
What does his faith and politics have to do with this? His coaching was suspect but an all around decent and respected guy. 

I mean come on I don't like the kneeling and he wasn't good as a coach but people with the glass houses...

WorfHog

Haha you anti-kneelers, you'd be lamenting the waste of good tea after the Boston Tea Party. Get over it!

Science Fiction Greg

I don't even care about the kneeling that much.  What I hated was that it's totally inappropriate to be personally protesting something while representing your team, university, and state.  And I stand by that.

I really couldn't care less that any of you are bothered by it.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: WorfHog on December 16, 2017, 10:36:14 pm
Haha you anti-kneelers, you'd be lamenting the waste of good tea after the Boston Tea Party. Get over it!

That's exactly like telling the kneelers to get over whatever they're upset about.

WorfHog

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 16, 2017, 10:43:20 pm
I don't even care about the kneeling that much.  What I hated was that it's totally inappropriate to be personally protesting something while representing your team, university, and state.  And I stand by that.

I too hate it when people exercise their Constitutionally granted rights in a completely peaceful, non-violent and respectful way. It's a travesty and totally inappropriate.

Our founding fathers would be ashamed.

Science Fiction Greg

PygmalionEffect2

I was against the kneeling.

This country wasn't made great by independent thought and free speech.

This country was made great by brainwashing enough citizens to believe in anything you told them and to question nothing.

Just be sure to position a couple of flags in the backgroud.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

bigred223

Quote from: swineology on December 16, 2017, 08:37:32 pm

Glad he's back at ESPin.

#talkinghead

Give me a break.

Wooderson

Glad he's back at ESPin.

#talkinghead

I didn't know he was a democrat
Give me liberty, or give me death!

HotlantaHog

This, obviously didn't work out as a coach, but as announcers go, there is a reason ESPN chose him for prime time spots. He's good.

RoyInSpringdale/MizzouFan

I think he is a great commentator. I hated that coaching here didn't work out. His opening press conference even got me fired up about the girls BB program. He would probably make a great recruiter for a team if he ever decides to get back into coaching as an assistant.

AlmaHog2011

Why don't you kneelers just get up and leave? The people living here using this great country and then want to kneel are free to leave..LOL you are wasting a lot of your energy and people hate you kneeling pukes!! This country is just not worthy of you kneelers..

AlmaHog2011

I do know people that worked with him don't like how he treated people. Including his players. From people that know and work with him he's a prick to regular working people.

cableguy

Right! Some people are jerks. If they don't like someone because their opinion is different than theirs and it doesn't affect their life directly, they are what you call a hater.

3kgthog

Go ask his former players what they think about his treatment of them as human beings. I guarantee you decent and respect won't be the words they'll use.

popcornhog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 16, 2017, 08:22:45 pm

I have always liked Dykes as a commentator. Not so much as a coach. Haha
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 16, 2017, 08:30:54 pm
My opinion of him changed last year over the players kneeling during the anthem. And for supporting his players, they repaid him how? Some quit, some transferred, they played like darn and cost him his job.

Why we get upset about players sharing their religious faith or making a stand for social justice, etc is beyond me. Sometimes I agree with players'/coaches' politics and sometimes I don't.

What I DO NOT do is get my panties in a wad when I disagree with my coaches or favorite players on political and religious topics. I respect athletes and coaches for their athletic and coaching abilities — I'm not looking at them as if they are Congressional candidates.

I just don't get it.
WPS

popcornhog

Glad he's back at ESPin.

#talkinghead

What does that mean and why should we care what his religious or political views are?
WPS

IronMountainHog

Quote from: popcornhog on December 17, 2017, 09:38:13 am
Why we get upset about players sharing their religious faith or making a stand for social justice, etc is beyond me. Sometimes I agree with players'/coaches' politics and sometimes I don't.

What I DO NOT do is get my panties in a wad when I disagree with my coaches or favorite players on political and religious topics. I respect athletes and coaches for their athletic and coaching abilities — I'm not looking at them as if they are Congressional candidates.

I just don't get it.
Seems like you the one with their panties in wad.

WorfHog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 17, 2017, 09:04:00 am
Why don't you kneelers just get up and leave? The people living here using this great country and then want to kneel are free to leave..LOL you are wasting a lot of your energy and people hate you kneeling pukes!! This country is just not worthy of you kneelers..

It's their country too and our founding fathers saw fit to give them the right to kneel.

Why don't go live in a totalitarian police state live Russia if you think it's so awesome? That is not what America is about.

Professional and collegiate athletes are not using this country. AT best they're the ones being used.

Inhogswetrust

What? I know Jimmy. He's a devout Christian. I know a lot of Christians that are either very liberal or very conservative. One doesn't have to be one or the other exclusively to be a Christian. With so many different views and interpretations of the Bible it is real easy to understand how it is not a religion for one political viewpoint only. He is so dogmatic sometimes that it can be overwhelming and perceived as arrogant.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

checkraiser88

I just wish the guy would quit talking about "shot selection". Makes me believe he doesn't believe in our team we have. Mike gives our guys the green light more often than not and it's our style

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 16, 2017, 10:43:20 pm

This is what I've been saying all along. What one does on their own time in their own clothes is fine. What they do while "on the clock" and/or while wearing a uniform to represent an organization should be the organizations time and not for personal reasons. As I said I know Jimmy but disagreed vehemently with allowing those girls while in uniform to protest. While in uniform they are representing the Alma Mater and there to play game and not make personal use of that time to make a personal statement. IF they wanted to protest while wearing their own clothes and on their own time then fine.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 16, 2017, 10:50:38 pm
That's exactly like telling the kneelers to get over whatever they're upset about.

Bingo! +1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WorfHog on December 17, 2017, 11:30:14 am
It's their country too and our founding fathers saw fit to give them the right to kneel.

Why don't go live in a totalitarian police state live Russia if you think it's so awesome? That is not what America is about.

Professional and collegiate athletes are not using this country. AT best they're the ones being used.

Then let them all pay their own way through school IF they want to make personal statements while wearing the schools uniform and while asking people to pay to come watch them play a game. It's kind of like a job. A company uses employees and the employee uses the company BUT while on company time the company takes precedence not the individual.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WorfHog on December 16, 2017, 10:51:12 pm
I too hate it when people exercise their Constitutionally granted rights in a completely peaceful, non-violent and respectful way. It's a travesty and totally inappropriate.

Our founding fathers would be ashamed.

Constitutional rights are not given in all places at all times for any reason. They also carry consequences sometimes. Our founding fathers knew that.

HogsonHicks

Wow. Equating a bunch of spoiled athletes kneeling with the Boston Tea Party?  Moronic.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NostraHOGus

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 17, 2017, 11:49:57 am
What? I know Jimmy. He's a devout Christian. I know a lot of Christians that are either very liberal or very conservative. One doesn't have to be one or the other exclusively to be a Christian. With so many different views and interpretations of the Bible it is real easy to understand how it is not a religion for one political viewpoint only. He is so dogmatic sometimes that it can be overwhelming and perceived as arrogant.

Jesus was not a Republican two thousand years years ago, and he wouldn't be one now.

And before you say they didn't have Republicans back then, they were called Pharisees.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: NostraHOGus on December 17, 2017, 12:38:06 pm
Jesus was not a Republican two thousand years years ago, and he wouldn't be one now.

And before you say they didn't have Republicans back then, they were called Pharisees.

Wow

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: WorfHog on December 17, 2017, 11:30:14 am

I live in the greatest country in the world why would I move? Professional athletes being used give me a break you idiot! At best you are an absolute idiot. I think Russia would be good for you guys or maybe try Canada..I hear they don't want you guys either.

AlmaHog2011

HogsonHicks

Quote from: NostraHOGus on December 17, 2017, 12:38:06 pm

We've gone to Jesus and political parties.  Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my 11 years on Hogville, both in content and intent.  That's saying something.