Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can we please hire better radio announcers

Started by 3of5-2, December 16, 2017, 08:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3of5-2

I know I'm spoiled by having just about every game on TV, and I haven't been subjected to listening to our games on the radio. However, these two guys are as about as bad as you can get. Chuck needs to stick to baseball, and the other clown needs a giant oxygen tank, he sounds like he's gasping on his last breath every time he makes a comment. I thought Bill Walton was bad on TV, but these two need to be doing the Fordyce Red Bugs game. No offense to Fordyce.

LRHawg

This is nowhere even close to as bad as Bill Walton.

3of5-2

Quote from: LRHawg on December 16, 2017, 08:08:27 pm
Without them being seen on TV, I'll take your word for it. But they are awful.

idochog

The former assistant bb coach that does the color just plan STINKS

He is almost unlistenable. Thank goodness most games are on TV.
I love Jesus!

3of5-2

Quote from: idochog on December 16, 2017, 08:14:45 pm
The former assistant bb coach that does the color just plan STINKS

He is almost unlistenable. Thank goodness most games are on TV.
I'm glad it's a blowout, I had to turn it off. Couldn't take the agony any longer.

DeltaBoy

It been so long since I listened to a game on the Radio I am pretty well I'm with the guys!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogsfan1981

I will check my app. I refuse to listen to radio. Sucks to not be able to see the game but we will be back to normal on the 19th.

I'm sure it will be fun for the people in attendance. We will have to hear how awesome it was by word of mouth.

No highlights on ESPN for this game.

HoopS

Chuck does ok on it. Gives the score and stats along the way quite well. Good job knowingbthe names immediately, which isn't simple in basketball.

Fan1958

Got in my pickup one night to go to Kroger and the radio was tuned to 103.7 and the BB game was on.  Kroger is less than a 2 minute drive and by the time I turned onto Cantrell I had to turn it off.  I would rather listen to Snoop Dogg or 50 Cent (and I deplore rap) than listen to that color announcer.  Who hired that clown?
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

NationalChamps2017

Hate me if you want, but I think Coach Z does an awesome job! He is an ultimate homer, and that's what I want to hear on the radio. If you've never listened he routinely gets on the refs whenever they get close enough to hear him. Also gives good insight as to what we are doing as it relates to our schemes. I think some of you like to find anything, and everything to complain about

3of5-2

Quote from: NationalChamps2017 on December 16, 2017, 08:35:00 pm
Hate me if you want, but I think Coach Z does an awesome job! He is an ultimate homer, and that's what I want to hear on the radio. If you've never listened he routinely gets on the refs whenever they get close enough to hear him. Also gives good insight as to what we are doing as it relates to our schemes. I think some of you like to find anything, and everything to complain about
Tell your dad that his voice is cringe worthy.

Bigfoot

Quote from: HoopS on December 16, 2017, 08:31:15 pm
Chuck does ok on it. Gives the score and stats along the way quite well. Good job knowingbthe names immediately, which isn't simple in basketball.

I agree.

I do miss the old combo of Rick and Mike, though. They worked good together.

factchecker

Same here.  I love Coach Z!

1) He is 100% Razorback.
2) He gets in the game.  He goes after the officials if they make a bad call.
3) His voice is unique but sounds familiar - reminds me of watching the Razorbacks with my grandpa.
4) He pisses off the realists that rather hear someone bitch and moan about the Razorbacks (like they do).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BannerMountainMan

WTH how can you not like Coach Z!! Who doesn't love a homer announcing games! I love it!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Fan1958

If that's true, let's hope they T his ass up some time.  No business saying anything to an official and should stick to the facts.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

Hoggish1

Quote from: LRHawg on December 16, 2017, 08:08:27 pm

The OP wasn't asking for Bill Walton.  Try to keep up...

factchecker

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 16, 2017, 08:40:47 pm
WTH how can you not like Coach Z!! Who doesn't love a homer announcing games! I love it!!

"Fans" who love to celebrate Razorback losses.

We have plenty on here.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DeltaBoy

Solid job and a 25 point win to boot!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: factchecker on December 16, 2017, 08:56:50 pm

We have plenty on here.
TRUE! CMA is the right man for the job and they can't stand that we are going to be good this year!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HoopS

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 16, 2017, 08:41:16 pm
If that's true, let's hope they T his ass up some time.  No business saying anything to an official and should stick to the facts.
he meant within the broadcast, not literally getting after the officials. Goodness.

elksnort

Quote from: factchecker on December 16, 2017, 08:56:50 pm

We have plenty on here.
no Razorback fan celebrates a loss. God you're an insufferable dick

codeHog

coach Z is a nice guy but is the worse thing I have ever heard doing Razorback basketball

I don't just dislike his 'radio voice'....I hate it with a passion

TPM

Glad to read who color announcer was.  Reminded me of Mack Brown every time I heard his voice.  GO HOGS!!!

trippigs

I like them both. Try listening to other SEC games for comparison and then get back with me

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: trippigs on December 16, 2017, 09:11:09 pm
I like them both. Try listening to other SEC games for comparison and then get back with me

I was traveling recently and was listening to a game being broadcast.  We have no idea how spoiled we are. Chuck does a great job.

I also really like Coach Z. I like him as a person and he does okay on radio.

Stilll, Mike and Rick were hard to beat.
Retired Radio Host

Fan1958

Quote from: HoopS on December 16, 2017, 09:01:16 pm
he meant within the broadcast, not literally getting after the officials. Goodness.

Read the post again.  Here it is verbatim:

His job is to describe the action, not get on the officials.  Guess it's OK to criticize them but just sounds like sour grapes, especially when losing.

pghawg1

We must have a good team, nobody is griping about the HOGS, just the announcers. :) :)

rude1

Doesn't matter, you could bring the top college basketball announcing team in the country to do our games, we would STILL get a thread on how those clowns suck doing our games.................

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: rude1 on December 16, 2017, 09:26:46 pm
Doesn't matter, you could bring the top college basketball announcing team in the country to do our games, we would STILL get a thread on how those clowns suck doing our games.................
Exactly right.

3of5-2

I doubt ANY college is beating down the door to hire Chuck & Muck to broadcast their games.

HoopS

Quote from: Fan1958 on December 16, 2017, 09:22:30 pm
Read the post again.  Here it is verbatim:

His job is to describe the action, not get on the officials.  Guess it's OK to criticize them but just sounds like sour grapes, especially when losing.

my apologies. He did say that. I misread.

Bkhardicars

I like Coach Z's homerism , but he does not to need to feel obligated to say something every time Chuck takes a breath. If he talked about half as much it would be ok...

pigture perfect

I just don't think the average guy on here knows the difficulty of play by play. Chuck and Zim are certainly better than most.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jdlew

I don't get it...I know basketball...and they give me everything I need...If you listen Coach Z will give you some jewels...

Tusker4life

I miss Paul Eels, back when he did football and basketball. The good old days...
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 16, 2017, 09:42:32 pm
I miss Paul Eels, back when he did football and basketball. The good old days...

Paul didn't do that much Hog basketball at all.

Dudeman

I couldn't disagree more. I think they do a fine job. I enjoy Chucks pbp.
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Chu-uck Barr-et drives me up the fricking wa-all by adding unnecessary syllables to wo-ords. Anyone else?? This message brought to you by Fayetteville auto pa-ark. 

porknbeans

Quote from: TPM on December 16, 2017, 09:08:20 pm
Glad to read who color announcer was.  Reminded me of Mack Brown every time I heard his voice.  GO HOGS!!!

I agree that Coach Z sounds a lot like Mack Brown, with the slight gravel factor. I noticed it last night for the first time.
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: elksnort on December 16, 2017, 09:01:26 pm
no Razorback fan celebrates a loss. God you're an insufferable dick
yes they do man 😂

GoPigs69

I don't have a problem with Chuck although I think he's definitely better in baseball and football. Coach Z is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. To the point I just can't listen. His voice is annoying AF!

cableguy

Coach Z is awesome. The passion in his voice and his analysis of the game are second to none.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

+1
I love it when he gets after the officials
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: TPM on December 16, 2017, 09:08:20 pm
Reminded me of Teddy Atlas the boxing guy.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

jjdlc

Absolutely agree, I love listening to Coach Z, so sick of the guys on TV who only want to gush about DKe, NC, or Kentucky when they aren't even playing.

razorback1829

Love Chuck and Zim. Really starting to be a good team. I love having a homer who is an insider as someone who can keep us in the loop as to what's going on, knows the refs, and says often what we are thinking (minus profanity).

Smalltownhog95

I like Chuck because he at least gets excited for big plays. Other Sec announcers are too Ho Hum. I dislike Zimmerman. Just dont think he brings good clear info like a color man should. But I'd rather listen to Zimmerman forever than Bill Walton one more time. I'll never watch another game with that fool on.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

hogsanity

It is fine to have a homer announcing/doing commentary if they are good, Zimmerman is terrible.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE