Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 5 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (4-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Cal Poly(1-3, 0-0 Big West)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 22, 2018, 10:27:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

El Duderino

A wiser fella once said, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you

navyhog24

Crappy strike zone. Ump seemed to be more favorable to Cal Poly pitchers.

howie76

Hawgphish

That is baseball.  Great job on the PBP guys.  Enjoyed it nonetheless.  See everyone tomorrow.  Let's go Hogs beat San Diego State.

BLS50

I hope we get over the west coast virus by tomorrow night.  Come on Hogs......

rhog1

It's baseball these kind of games happen. Hopefully we got the bad baseball out of our system.

Razorbacks#1

4               FINAL                   3

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Cal Poly        0  | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 1 | -  |  4  |  7  | 2  | 7   
Arkansas      0  | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | -  |  3  |  8  | 3  | 8   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

TebowHater

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 23, 2018, 06:08:03 pm
Crap, this is a game we should have won but we beat our self.

Hopefully we learn from it. Need more focus on defense. Bats have got to wake up. Koch MUST start being able to get hits with RISP. He was like sub .100 the second half of last year with RISP, and I believe, is .000 this year.

bodycounTT

Darn... that's baseball I guess. Can learn a page from a win, but you learn a book from a loss. We'll bounce back from this.

BroyledNutts

We've got to handle that west coast strike zone better ... pitching and hitting.

Wisco Pig

We'll play better tomorrow.

Thanks for the PBP, JHicks.   Thanks, Razorbacks#1.

elksnort

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 23, 2018, 06:08:03 pm
Crap, this is a game we should have won but we beat our self.
Exactly. Also beating the heck out of a team 32-4 can not be good for future games. They'll turn it around though.

PeabodyHawg

We gave this one to them.  Oh well that's baseball.

We'll learn from this one and hopefully win out on the Cali trip.

Great job as always on the PBP and game thread.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Kevin

that was crap baseball today. I would imagine a different batting order tomorrow.
bad loss
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

War Boar

Thanks for the play by play.  Hopefully we get back on track tomorrow.

hawgrunner

Woodland Pork CO

Bummer...but sounded like February baseball to me.  Get past it, get better, and go Hogs!

Thanks for the thread.

P.S.  I'm so happy it's baseball season again!

JonClaudeVanHam

Got to say it again, our approach at the plate is concerning. We are not working counts. Lots of free swinging, and if the over-aggressiveness is what Thompson is bringing, ala Butler before Vitello, then I'm not a fan.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

Dr. Starcs

Careful, my post got deleted. All I said was it was an embarrassing loss. I guarantee you the players feel the same way. Hopefully they'll respond tomorrow.

pigture perfect

I apologize for Jinxing us in the 9th. I just wasn't thinking. I should know better.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Oliver

WE scored a total of 46 runs in our first two games. 

We've scored a total of 7 in our last 3 games.

It's feast or famine

Springfield_MO_Razorback

February 23, 2018, 06:22:57 pm #476 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:41:50 pm by Springfield_MO_Razorback
February baseball a long way from home. They'll get it hammered out before SEC play. Give some credit to CP. They never backed down. This is a good loss to learn from.

AirForceHog

If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

SPAL

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 23, 2018, 06:14:04 pm
Got to say it again, our approach at the plate is concerning. We are not working counts. Lots of free swinging, and if the over-aggressiveness is what Thompson is bringing, ala Butler before Vitello, then I'm not a fan.

Guys , take note of this post. . This is how you vent on EI and not get your post deleted. Saying it's embarrassing and we should be ashamed of losing to this team is not.

Oliver

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 23, 2018, 06:14:04 pm

Did you have your avatar prior to today?  Don't sully this baseball team with that Mets logo.  :)

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 23, 2018, 06:25:43 pm
Guys , take note of this post. . This is how you vent on EI and not get your post deleted. Saying it's embarrassing and we should be ashamed of losing to this team is not.

Kevin and I are the beacons of negativity around here. AND DON'T NO ONE FORGET IT.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

ricepig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 23, 2018, 06:00:52 pm
I wouldn't even say that....we've just beaten ourselves. Walks, errors, not moving runners Iver, striking out with go ahead on 3rd and 1 out. Just bad baseball.

Correct, bad baseball will cause you to lose to an inferior team. We weren't going undefeated, but I hate to lose a game we should win.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Oliver on February 23, 2018, 06:31:54 pm
Did you have your avatar prior to today?  Don't sully this baseball team with that Mets logo.  :)

I have chosen this path to announce my everlasting unhappiness to the world as a Mets and Hogs fan.

Oliver

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on February 23, 2018, 06:33:54 pm
I have chosen this path to announce my everlasting unhappiness to the world as a Mets and Hogs fan.

I'm with you although I won't lump Razorback baseball in with that other stuff yet

jst01

BroyledNutts

Quote from: ricepig on February 23, 2018, 06:32:56 pm
Correct, bad baseball will cause you to lose to an inferior team. We weren't going undefeated, but I hate to lose a game we should win.

I console myself in the fact that this happens to us EVERY preseason ... we lose one we have no business losing. I just hope that this doesn't start a trend in California. I always groan when DVH says we're going west.

hog.goblin

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 23, 2018, 06:07:48 pm
Can't play like this in SEC play

Sure we can, and will, that's baseball.  We just need to learn from the fielding mistakes and jump on opportunities.  We weren't going undefeated.  3 - 1 in this 4-game series would be terrific.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 23, 2018, 06:10:08 pm
We've got to handle that west coast strike zone better ... pitching and hitting.

We have always had trouble with these west coast teams for some reason

Knot2brite

Momma said there would be days like this....just doesn't need to be many of them
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Kevin

if truth is negative, so be it. Today the truth was negative. We will see about tomorrow
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

swineology

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 23, 2018, 06:16:53 pm
Great thread by the EI crew. I sure do appreciate you all.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Let's win the next two and get the hell out of Cali.

razorpimp

You don't win them all in baseball....but still not a good loss....anyway go Hogs!

ucahogfan

As Aaron Fitt said on Twitter, it was an ugly game as we played poorly in multiple phases of the game; however, we were in it right until the end.  This team has the type of talent to be in every single game regardless if we are on or if it just happens to be one of those days like today was.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 23, 2018, 08:37:41 pm
As Aaron Fitt said on Twitter, it was an ugly game as we played poorly in multiple phases of the game; however, we were in it right until the end.  This team has the type of talent to be in every single game regardless if we are on or if it just happens to be one of those days like today was.

Great way to put things in prospective. The team we have this year is special. We have more than enough talent that will get it done long term. These are still kids, two time zones away, first week on the road, and they are playing west coast baseball. Days like today are going to happen. It's common. It's baseball! Today was only 1 of 56 regular season games.

SPAL

Quote from: Kevin on February 23, 2018, 07:00:23 pm
if truth is negative, so be it. Today the truth was negative. We will see about tomorrow

Nothing wrong with negativity. There is very little to be positive about after this one. People think this board is rainbows and butterflies, that's not true. We just know how to vent and be frustrated without crapping on the board to do it

Look at JCVH'S Post. Nothing positive about it. But it was a great post. I said this was bad baseball. Others have said it was bad. Losing is negative. Nobody here minds negativity.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 23, 2018, 10:00:30 pm
Nothing wrong with negativity. There is very little to be positive about after this one. People think this board is rainbows and butterflies, that's not true. We just know how to vent and be frustrated without crapping on the board to do it

Look at JCVH'S Post. Nothing positive about it. But it was a great post. I said this was bad baseball. Others have said it was bad. Losing is negative. Nobody here minds negativity.
Well stated SPAL!

THUNDER!

Kevin

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 23, 2018, 10:00:30 pm

so who needs to be fired?  just kidding

let's play better today, boys

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on February 24, 2018, 04:58:51 am
so who needs to be fired?  just kidding

let's play better today, boys

SPAL does, always with the negative waves.......

SPAL

Quote from: ricepig on February 24, 2018, 08:33:37 am
SPAL does, always with the negative waves.......

I imposed a 6 hour ban on myself last night at midnight. I've learned ny lesson and am ready to contribute .