Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Levy get it done?

Started by twistitup, September 29, 2017, 07:20:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

September 29, 2017, 07:20:31 am Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:49:41 pm by twistitup
The concession stand staff has butterflies, probably can't sleep at night.....Sat is a huge day for the Hogs and the Concession folks.

Don't forget cotton candy....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

rljjr

The Cola Wars are merely a side-show in the battle of line length and customer service.

waphill

What is Levi's buyout? Can we afford to cut him loose in case he can't handle the SEC?

:)

pigz

Quote from: waphill on September 29, 2017, 08:28:21 am
What is Levi's buyout? Can we afford to cut him loose in case he can't handle the SEC?

:)

Who do you suppose we go after if we cut Levi
You guys have a good time frig dancing

Dwight_K_Shrute

Thing is just like the game on the field it won't be a true test of what Levi can handle and if they are ready to be a P5 concessions contender.  Attendance will be far below the TCU game so performance should go up.  Lines/wait times should be shorter.  Now if they come out with the attitude that it's just some run of the mill Sun Belt team and under-staff/under-perform it will tell us more about them than a decent performance would.  We really won't know for sure until the October 21st game with Auburn.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

waphill

Quote from: pigz on September 29, 2017, 08:30:05 am

I don't know, but it's a top 20 job, so we should be able to get a top 20 provider!

pigz

Quote from: waphill on September 29, 2017, 08:54:11 am
I don't know, but it's a top 20 job, so we should be able to get a top 20 provider!

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Kevin

15,000 to 20,000 less fans, I think they will have a great week
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

I hear memphis's provider is doing good things.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: twistitup on September 29, 2017, 07:20:31 am
The concession stand staff has butterflies, probably can't sleep at night.....Sat is a huge day for the Hogs and the Concession folks.

Don't forget cotton candy....

Dude...temper your expectations.

We are not a win at all cost consession stand.

PRJ

Drop the Mike

pigz

The new pizza was a big step up

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 29, 2017, 10:10:18 am
Dude...temper your expectations.

We are not a win at all cost consession stand.

PRJ
+1000  ;D
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

longpig

This is a tune up game for Levi.  We probably won't see any wrinkles in taking and processing orders, they'll just be focusing on correcting mistakes and  good fundamental concessioning.  But don't be surprised if you see a change or two at cashier.
Don't be scared, be smart.

pigz

Quote from: longpig on September 29, 2017, 10:37:44 am
This is a tune up game for Levi.  We probably won't see any wrinkles in taking and processing orders, they'll just be focusing on correcting mistakes and  good fundamental concessioning.  But don't be surprised if you see a change or two at cashier.

All of their mistakes I seen last game are correctable, so we have that going for us.

linkshog

So the company i work for provides all the food for Levy (Compass) accounts and they've been huge pain in the butt to deal with.  they have no clue how much to order or even what items to order.  Our rep has to sit them down every week and go through every single item and try to get them to commit to a quantity and delivery date.  We had it down to a science with the previous provider.  Just so you know i'm the guy that buys all the pretzels, ice cream, hamburgers and hot dogs and buns, and even the tortilla chips we enjoy every home game.  Naturally i avoid those items and go for popcorn and bbq.  We are getting ready to review the proposed items for basketball season.  i'll keep the board posted on any potential new crappy or delicious items.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

oldhog63

Quote from: Kevin on September 29, 2017, 09:01:09 am
15,000 to 20,000 less fans, I think they will have a great week
Even so, I am calling for another disaster. Game is during lunch time, so instead of just trying to provide everyone with a bottle of water, people will actually be ordering food. It took me the whole half (actually missed the 2nd half KO) last time just to get a drink and the line was just as long when I left as when I got there. I don't plan to use concessions until they get their act together and if past performance is any indication I doubt anything will change.  I will just wait until I get back to my tailgate or bring my own.

waphill

Quote from: pigz on September 29, 2017, 10:38:30 am
All of their mistakes I seen last game are correctable, so we have that going for us.

But they have recruited for a big slow, lumbering line of Baby Boomers. This new generation of line is smaller, but much quicker and can shoot the gaps. I don't think Levi has recruited properly to handle them. Doesn't look good for the rest of the season.

Inhogswetrust

Levy is so bad they don't even have the concessionaire contract at Levi Stadium.............................. ???
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: linkshog on September 29, 2017, 10:38:51 am
So the company i work for provides all the food for Levy (Compass) accounts and they've been huge pain in the butt to deal with.  they have no clue how much to order or even what items to order. Our rep has to sit them down every week and go through every single item and try to get them to commit to a quantity and delivery date.  We had it down to a science with the previous provider.  Just so you know i'm the guy that buys all the pretzels, ice cream, hamburgers and hot dogs and buns, and even the tortilla chips we enjoy every home game.  Naturally i avoid those items and go for popcorn and bbq.  We are getting ready to review the proposed items for basketball season.  i'll keep the board posted on any potential new crappy or delicious items.

The question thus becomes WHY? They are a fairly large contract food company and do other sports venues including stadiums and arenas. One would think they would know what they are doing. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LRrazorback

Rest assured Levy isn't going anywhere. They made way more money than the other company.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 29, 2017, 08:44:10 am
Thing is just like the game on the field it won't be a true test of what Levi can handle and if they are ready to be a P5 concessions contender.  Attendance will be far below the TCU game so performance should go up.  Lines/wait times should be shorter.  Now if they come out with the attitude that it's just some run of the mill Sun Belt team and under-staff/under-perform it will tell us more about them than a decent performance would.  We really won't know for sure until the October 21st game with Auburn.

well played.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

longpig

Quote from: waphill on September 29, 2017, 10:46:09 am
But they have recruited for a big slow, lumbering line of Baby Boomers. This new generation of line is smaller, but much quicker and can shoot the gaps. I don't think Levi has recruited properly to handle them. Doesn't look good for the rest of the season.

When Levy subs to adjust for foreseen smaller quicker customers, expect to see big slow lumbering Baby Boomers moved to the front of the line.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: longpig on September 29, 2017, 11:23:29 am
When Levy subs to adjust for foreseen smaller quicker customers, expect to see big slow lumbering Baby Boomers moved to the front of the line.

I bet their subs aren't any good.

ricepig

Biggest improvement is between game 1 and 2. Plus they had the off week. Expect great things.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Karma on September 29, 2017, 12:05:55 pm
Biggest improvement is between game 1 and 2. Plus they had the off week. Expect great things.

Heck I thought they were off the first week!

Jackrabbit Hog

Mean old Levi, taught me to weep and moan.
When the Levi breaks, have no place to stay.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Tusks

It's not the X's & O's it's the jimmy's and joe's ....  servers/helpers.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

waphill

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 29, 2017, 11:57:52 am
I bet their subs aren't any good.

You're right. They don't have any depth because it's so hard to recruit there.

phadedhawg

Those orders came so fast that it really messed 'em up....

rljjr

I fully expect the crowd to boo them as they take a knee during halftime service.

They might not be winning, but Levy leads the nation in Time of Possession and fewest turnovers.

Inhogswetrust

DoctorSusscrofa

I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

rljjr

tbhogfan

I think that some breaks are going to go Levy's way.
Go Hogs!

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

pigz

KlubhouseKonnected

Les Miles is known for his interesting all natural culinary choices
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

GTOWNHOG

LEVY will get it right soon.   Stand alone BEER concessions in the Club areas will cut the lines at the food kiosks by 50%.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

twistitup

It may be a problem w recruiting
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 29, 2017, 12:09:57 pm
Mean old Levi, taught me to weep and moan.
When the Levi breaks, have no place to stay.
...Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Inhogswetrust

I hear Levy is................uncommon.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: twistitup on September 29, 2017, 01:52:45 pm
It may be a problem w recruiting

Twist, it's definitely the nutritionist.  I mean, no PB&J's in the concessions?  Gimme a break!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Porked Tongue

They better have the kettle corn stand back up on the SE corner. 

They or the UA have run off or priced out several good mainstays around the stadium.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 29, 2017, 08:44:10 am
Exactly.

They will be overstaffed but when they discover it we'll see if they stay loaded or cut back for Auburn.

East Clintwood

Shouldn't be a problem with concessions this week.  There won't be enough fans to overtax the system.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma