Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 PG Jaylen Fisher

Started by -Blu, December 11, 2014, 03:02:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

http://arkansas.scout.com/story/1490657-arkansas-has-fisher-s-full-attention?s=10

http://247sports.com/Player/Jaylen-Fisher-34121

Says he currently talks to the staff ever other night, says he really likes our style of play and coaches, and we are "way up there at the top" of his list.

Be interesting to keep an eye out for our progress with him.  He would be a HUGE pickup.

The_Iceman

He would be a great addition to the 2016 class. He is the type of ball-handler this team is missing. Him and Monk together in the same class would be great.

We'd sure have a loaded backcourt in 2016 if it happened.

mhuff

One of the articles said he was cool on us. However, if he's talking with the coaches every other night, I would say he is more than cool on us. Good job coaches.

The_Iceman

Doesn't look to be a great shooter. But if we surround him with talent, he could be a great distributor.

mhuff

Ice, have you had the opportunity to see him play? I remember us talking about him on HV this summer.

The_Iceman

Quote from: mhuff on December 11, 2014, 04:09:13 pm
Ice, have you had the opportunity to see him play? I remember us talking about him on HV this summer.

Not in person, No. I have watched most of his videos online. I'm trying to find a full game film somewhere.

mhuff

Ice, I watched the clip you gave us. Lots of impressive things to be said.... he has good handles and is really unselfish..... He really passed off the dribble well. Also, he sure didn't give away his passes with his eyes. I thought his shooting looked good..... But, he looked selfless and got the ball to the open man in a hurry. Hope he becomes a HOG.

#1 STUNNA

Only judging on the video posted... Nothing about him seems great. That's not to say he is not a very good player. He is also listed at 6'2 and in the video he doesn't look to be that tall.

lefty08

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 11, 2014, 09:22:20 pm
Only judging on the video posted... Nothing about him seems great. That's not to say he is not a very good player. He is also listed at 6'2 and in the video he doesn't look to be that tall.

His layup game is strong.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The_Iceman

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 11, 2014, 09:22:20 pm

He looked to be about the same height at Jimmy Whitt, who can be seem guarding him in that video.

The_Iceman

Quote from: lefty08 on December 12, 2014, 06:42:31 am
His layup game is strong.....

Which is something most of our current guards (at least the ones that play heavy minutes) are missing.

lefty08

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 12, 2014, 09:02:52 am
Which is something most of our current guards (at least the ones that play heavy minutes) are missing.

I'm pretty sure everyone of our guards would be scoring layups all day against that defense...
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

mhuff

Quote from: lefty08 on December 12, 2014, 11:50:31 am
I'm pretty sure everyone of our guards would be scoring layups all day against that defense...

Lefty, he did do a good job of using his body to avoid being blocked from behind. I really like to see players use reverse layups for that very reason. You have a better chance of using your body to shield the defender and you have a better chance of making the shot unscathed and drawing a foul.

lefty08

Quote from: mhuff on December 12, 2014, 05:00:54 pm
Lefty, he did do a good job of using his body to avoid being blocked from behind. I really like to see players use reverse layups for that very reason. You have a better chance of using your body to shield the defender and you have a better chance of making the shot unscathed and drawing a foul.

Huff, I was responding to the dipdarn that made the assumption our current guards can't make layups, which is uncalled for and stupid